Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    This is the most stupid and annoying instrument ever:
    So it is. I've been heavily toying with the thought of buying myself one though, just to annoy my family and mates. I've been very reluctant to watch a game's entire length thus far due to the annoying TRÖÖÖT, but I think I could make that all work to my favour and pester a few people.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 12:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,361 Posts
    Just watched Algeria v. Slovenia. One of the commentators mentioned that 17 of the 23 players for Algeria were born in France. Lovely.
    I take it you also saw the France v Uruguay game on Friday night, Saxon?

Most of the "French" players were African by any sane person's definition, mainly of sub-Saharan origins.

As for those damned hooters that the primitives blow into non-stop, FIFA were thinking of banning these last year but backed out, although there are now renewed calls for them to do so ...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp..._A_qJZppPbhjVw

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I actually prefer if a proud team like South Korea go and win the World Cup before mixed teams like England and Germany.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 11th, 2012 @ 10:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch and German
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Natal Natal
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Germanic cultural preservation
    Religion
    Germanic heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

vuvuzela

I live in one of South Africa's touristy areas, and fairly close to taverns and restaurants near the beach. Usually i rarely hear noise, but since the world cup started, people are blowing those irritating loud horns on the streets and everywhere the tourists go. Every time i see or hear that dreadful 'instrument', i want to break it in half. The opening ceremony was an embarrasment to say the least. But i wish good luck to all the teams supported by my Skadi friends!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Regarding the South Africa squad: Yes, it is indeed so, that the entire 23-head-squad has only a single White player, that being Matthew Booth, who didn't get to play yesterday. Since Angola didn't qualify this time around, they are bound to make the race for "Nation with the closest amount of Whites in the starting squad when compared to France".
    Matthew Booth and his "former Miss South Africa first princess, and international model" wife...

Any how, good on Germany 4 - 0 over Oz, Pity about Gómez, Cacau, Özil, Klose, Podolski, Khedira, Boateng, Marin, Tasci, Aogo, Trochowski... I cant wait for the Dutch - Denmark game today...
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Go Denmark!

They are the most true to their roots of any Germanic nation in the world cup, while shame on France for selling out on their people and filling their side with immigrants.

Boy Australia was hopeless last night

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimner View Post
    Matthew Booth and his "former Miss South Africa first princess, and international model" wife...
    That he be a miscegenator may well be true, but doesn't change his ancestry, that being that of the only European-descended player in the entire squad.

Any how, good on Germany 4 - 0 over Oz, Pity about Gómez, Cacau, Özil, Klose, Podolski, Khedira, Boateng, Marin, Tasci, Aogo, Trochowski... I cant wait for the Dutch - Denmark game today...
    Klose and Podolski are from majority-German Silesian families of Spätaussiedler. Their coming to Germany was relatively easy since their respective grandparents were Reichsbürger before 1945. I find that they have any right to play in our team.

As far as the rest is concerned, that's another issue. Though in all fairness, of the mentioned only Özil and Khedira played in the starting formating, and Cacau entered the game as a substitute. This is not ideal, but TBH I expected worse.

BTW, Müller's goal was first-class. He turns and turns, and then puts it against the inside of the goalpost, no chance for Schwarzer. Talking of Schwarzer, perhaps he was sympathetic to the nation of both is parents (he has an excellent command of German himself, as I noticed from an interview after the Fulham-Wolfsburg game!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Den groda View Post
    Go Denmark! [...] They are the most true to their roots of any Germanic nation in the world cup
    Not whilst they have Patrick Mtiliga in their squad.

Less damning an overall situation than with Germany or England or the Netherlands, but still handing the trophy for "whitest team of the WC" to none other than the, appropriately named, "All Whites" of New Zealand.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Pity Schwarzer didn’t marry a nice Germanic girl.

And pity the Kiwis aren't much chop at soccer.
    Last edited by Sigurd; Monday, June 14th, 2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Merged two one-liners posted a minute apart.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    That he be a miscegenator may well be true, but doesn't change his ancestry, that being that of the only European-descended player in the entire squad.
    Certainly the case, however he has done what was required of him to become acceptable to the country's image, so IMO he is black himself...

Klose and Podolski are from majority-German Silesian families of Spätaussiedler. Their coming to Germany was relatively easy since their respective grandparents were Reichsbürger before 1945. I find that they have any right to play in our team.
    I noticed that Klose's father is from an ethnic German family however on his mother side he appears to be polish? Anyhow with a name like Miroslav it is rather easy to jump to conclusions...

As far as the rest is concerned, that's another issue. Though in all fairness, of the mentioned only Özil and Khedira played in the starting formating, and Cacau entered the game as a substitute. This is not ideal, but TBH I expected worse.
    Before the world cup Super sport in SA started to air the Bundesliga's final rounds and I must say the quality of German football in my uneducated opinion is very high which speaks volumes of the strength of the German League and by connection of the ethnic Germans in the League, however the amount of foreigners is staggering, but that is the nature of football... The fact that a skilled player has citizenship is all they need to basically guarantee them a spot in any national side.

I am used to Rugby and in our local Currie Cup tournament there has always just been one foreigner in a few teams, like Frédéric Michalak for the Sharks, but this is slowly changing, last season Western province had 2 foreigners starting. Southern hemisphere teams appear more set to play local talent unlike the English and French leagues where almost entire teams consist of foreigners. Take Saracens for example their Coach Brendan Venter is a Free state boy and at one point 9 of the 15 Starting players where South Africans, and they where semi-finalist in the Guinness premiership.

The worst we have in our Springbok squad is the ZIM negro Mtwarira, but apparently he is not allowed to play any longer as he does not have citizenship...

BTW, Müller's goal was first-class. He turns and turns, and then puts it against the inside of the goalpost, no chance for Schwarzer. Talking of Schwarzer, perhaps he was sympathetic to the nation of both is parents (he has an excellent command of German himself, as I noticed from an interview after the Fulham-Wolfsburg game!)?
    Germany created so much scoring opportunities that the score could easily have be 6 or 7 - 0 and that is no embellishment, I think the fact that the Germans had such a young energetic team really sealed the Socceroos fate... I think the Germans controlled the game from the back and their strikers got ball they could use.

I don't know if it is true but apparently Schwarzer's parents are ethnic Germans, he also played for FC Kaiserslautern & Dynamo Dresden which shows some allegiance, however to be beaten by Germany like that cannot be nice even if you are practically German yourself...
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siđr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimner View Post
    I don't know if it is true but apparently Schwarzer's parents are ethnic Germans, he also played for FC Kaiserslautern & Dynamo Dresden which shows some allegiance, however to be beaten by Germany like that cannot be nice even if you are practically German yourself...
    Schwarzer is fully German. His parents are German immigrants to Australia.

Schwarzer was born in North Richmond, a semi-rural suburb in North-Western Sydney and attended Richmond North Public School and Colo High School.

His parents Hans-Joachim and Doris emigrated to Australia from Germany in 1968.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Schwarzer

I saw an interview with Schwarzer, he said that he was crossing his fingers for Germany as a kid and that he cried when Germany lost. I´m pretty sure he likes Germany up to this day, but he must hold back his feelings as the goalkeeper of Australia. Anyway, I suppose deep in his heart he wasn´t that sad yesterday evening after the 0:4 defeat...

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast