Ultra-Conservative Nationalism
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

World Cup 2010: Games and Discussion

Even though FIFA decided to allow South Africa to host the cup this year, I've been anticipating the event for a long time. I just tuned into the first game of the tournament this morning (S.A. v. Mexico).

First of all, I was disgusted by the opening ceremony, since the spectators would not cease the blowing of their tribal horns (still haven't, 50 minutes in). The president of South Africa gave the opening speech in which he called it "Africa's World Cup".

Neither of these teams is one I would root for, but I'm hoping that Mexico will smash the dreams of Africa in this first game, and then I'm hoping Mexico will be smashed by France, as is predicted.

There seems to be something fishy going on, though I'm going on one play in the first half. Mexico had a corner and scored a goal, but offsides was called, though the last defender was on the goal line. The play wasn't even mentioned during the halftime show. Lets hope the pakistani ref won't hold a bias toward his fellow former colonists.

As for the racial togetherness South Africa is touting as the theme of the cup, their entire team is black, so I'm not really seeing the propaganda in practice.

As for me, rooting for either Germany, USA or England to win, even though Spain is predicted as the winner.

Cheers.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 29th, 2010 @ 02:37 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    jhmgj
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Greenland Greenland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I hated the opening ceremony too. I found it to be very lackluster and lacking some "bang", something to make it wow you. Also a lot of the time the people performing in it seemed to be running around in a very uncoordinated manner. The scarab beetle was the best part for me.

First of all, I was disgusted by the opening ceremony, since the spectators would not cease the blowing of their tribal horns
    Well its not a tribal horn firstly. Its a modern thing and just is a piece of South African culture. If you blame someone blame FIFA for allowing it - they knew very well before even considering SA to host the implications.
    I seem to recall FIFA president saying taking the vuvuzela (that horn) out of the cup would take away from the uniqueness of the country... their argument anyway.

As for the racial togetherness South Africa is touting as the theme of the cup, their entire team is black, so I'm not really seeing the propaganda in practice.
    Well, can't really argue here. The SA government constantly pressures the cricket and rugby teams to be reflective of the population (i.e. more blacks) yet have no intention of doing this in SA football. Funny thing though is that in SA football is seen as the black people's thing - they really do love it, must be like a cultural thing to them so... I'm not too broken up about not having whites in there. Its not like it would dramatically improve our chances of winning.

Here's hoping for Switzerland to win. They won't most likely but nonetheless Hopp Schwiiz!

Last Online
    Friday, January 22nd, 2021 @ 08:39 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    English, 1/8 Irish
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist,ethno-nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last Online
    Saturday, November 20th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Celtic Germanic
    Ancestry
    Ireland/Wales/Germany/Norway
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Writer
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

England V USA

Hmmm, I expected a win there. Coming from an Irish man who's country isn't represented I was figuring on some success from my closest neighbour in the competition.
    I gcás na fola agus ithir na hÉireann

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    I'm sort of half-heartedly supporting the "Germany" team. Basically said, I'll be happy and all dancy if Germany wins the World Cup, but TBH it's not going to be the same identification than with the almost all-German team that I saw winning the Euro '96 as a young boy.

Other than this, I'm placing my bets on New Zealand and Denmark to mark an upset. Of all the Germanic nations that have qualified, they appear to have the most homogenous squad. They're hardly going to reach the final (though Denmark won the Euro '92 as a surprise team which only entered because Yugoslavia was forced to withdraw!), so I'll say: Let's hope they'll get further than most expect them to.

Regarding the South Africa squad: Yes, it is indeed so, that the entire 23-head-squad has only a single White player, that being Matthew Booth, who didn't get to play yesterday. Since Angola didn't qualify this time around, they are bound to make the race for "Nation with the closest amount of Whites in the starting squad when compared to France".
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Sunday, July 4th, 2010 @ 06:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, German, English, Scottish, Irish, Friesian, Danish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Ski Resort
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    South Africa has had great success with rugby, and thier team is mostly white. The football (mostly blacks) has not been great, probably due to the many years they did not compete durring the Apartheid, who knows? I read an article here in the USA when South Africa won the Rugby World Cup, attributing thier succsess to thier great genetics and rough upbringings. Afrikaners are made up of some of the biggest people in the world (Dutch and other Europeans) and are strong! They grew up in hostile enviroments, enviromentally as well as racially (severely outnumbered by blacks who didn't particularly like them). I could care less if thier black football team does well or not, but when Rugby is on, they are one of my favorite teams. I like when white men prove they are not inferior when it comes to strength sports. I think the world is out to kiss ethnic ass for some reason and there is a caste system in sports that is totally racist against whites. Check out castefootball.us for stats and articles. European peoples have long been excellent football players, but it seems to be that more and more the world is trying to darken the field.

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I felt so bad for Robert Green...everyone makes blunders here and there, he was just unlucky enough to have his in the middle of a World Cup game.

They need to give Crouch more minutes! His lack of playing time for both club and country always shocks me. He's the only man in the tournament who can go up and head a ball in the net from 8 or 9 feet off the ground, uncontested. Remember when he headed in a goal off a Beckham cross in the last World Cup? Give the man more minutes!

Over here in America, the broadcast presentations would make you think there isn't a single white soul in South Africa. All they talk about are these 'noble' dancing tribesman blowing senselessly on their little plastic horns, the 'hero' Nelson Mandela, apartheid, etc. Any mention of the savage and unpunished killings of white SA farmers? Noooo, of course not, that wouldn't do for the liberal agenda we need to set, now would it?

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    I felt so bad for Robert Green...everyone makes blunders here and there, he was just unlucky enough to have his in the middle of a World Cup game.
    England has two traumatic chapters in World Cup history, and these are in part responsible for not living up to their potential in over forty years: Lack of a world-class goalkeeper in over thirty years, and the absolute inability to win a penalty shoot-out, especially when playing Portugal or Germany.

Last time around, I was hoping for a rematch of the 1966 final, a type of revanche match in the final, in Berlin. It would have been possible, but because of the unlucky exits of both England (against Portugal) and Germany (against Italy) it just wasn't to be. It would have then been the ultimate tongue-in-cheek if it were a final tied at full-time and decided on a questionable goal in extra-time.

They need to give Crouch more minutes! His lack of playing time for both club and country always shocks me. He's the only man in the tournament who can go up and head a ball in the net from 8 or 9 feet off the ground, uncontested.
    Yes, Crouch is England's Marc Janko (who is 196cm/6' 5 1/2"): Method of running reminds of a giraffe on high-heels, amount of ball-touches throughout the game can be counted on one hand, but if they actually touch the ball in the box, whether by foot or by head, it's in the back of the net.

Another England/Austria curiosity: Crouch was the tallest outfield Premier League player at 201cm (6'7") until Stefan Maierhofer signed for Wolves last year, who is 202cm (6'7" and a bit). Maierhofer is even more technically challenged than Janko Crouch, but when he is in good form, he can excel anyway, which 20 goals from 19 games in the first half of the 2008-09 season for Rapid Vienna prove.

Either way, I agree that Crouch deserves more minutes. In a time where the game is moving towards both strongly defensive football (Greece in 2004, Italy in 2006) and strong midfield play (Spain in 2008) with unexpectedly early exits for perhaps the best offensive nation (Netherlands) in most of these tournaments, it would perhaps be a remedy for countries less technically virtuous than the Spanish and more offensively orientated than the Italians or the Greeks, i.e. the more kick-and-rush type nations, such as England and Germany, to make use of excessively tall players.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    This is the most stupid and annoying instrument ever:

The Vuvuzela. I can´t tell you how I hate it. I don´t watch football often but it kills you to have to listen to that TRÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖT TRÖÖÖÖÖÖT 90 minutes of a match. It´s always the same monotonous tune, regardless of what´s going on on the gras.

It sounds like a swarm of very hostile wasps preparing for a world domination raid. But it seems that the Blacks like it...

Well, our German team has some immigrants but if I look at England or France I guess we can consider us lucky, anyway. I hope we have a good start against Australia today and reach the 1/8-final as the first of our group. I cross my fingers for New Zealand, Denmark and Switzerland, too.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Just watched Algeria v. Slovenia. One of the commentators mentioned that 17 of the 23 players for Algeria were born in France. Lovely.

Looking forward to Germany v. Australia later today. I wonder if Badstuber and Müller will start...

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast