Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Laws of the Game - What Would You Change About Football/Soccer Rules?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:16 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirannis View Post
    Yea I am more thinking of in general play, so that you can kick the ball to an offside player, as long as he passes it back to an onside player without taking it forwards.
    That would grossly favour over-tall strikers, as all they'd have to do is to lurk for a long ball from the defenders, head it back to someone onside and it's almost certainly a goal within seconds.

Yea so the defending team would have to keep some players back ~ open the game up. More goals all round and both teams have the same benefit.
    And exactly how long would it take to perfect the same defensive play again until Inter Milan wins the next Italian championship with a 5-33-0 and a goal difference of 5:0?

What about the points for goals?
    There is nothing I needed to comment there, because I already proposed something similar a few posts above, i.e. bonus points for high-scoring teams.

Quote Originally Posted by tirannis View Post
    I agree drottin, but would rather see players go off for 10 minutes, or at worst a player gets replaced [forced substitution].
    This would be a problem, considering that a team is allowed a maximum of 3 substitutions per game. If this counted into that quota, the players would still get essentially sent off (as there are no subs left to replace them) --- or, if it doesn't count towards the quota teams could abuse it in a tactic to have their most powered-out players commit horrific fouls just so they can bring a new and fresh player even after exhausting their allocated quota.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Friday, November 26th, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    norse celt, france england
    Subrace
    english blend of celt/germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    construction
    Politics
    universalist/Market anarchist
    Religion
    pagan druid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That would grossly favour over-tall strikers, as all they'd have to do is to lurk for a long ball from the defenders, head it back to someone onside and it's almost certainly a goal within seconds.
    A smaller player would just need to find a bit more space between them and the opposition, but I take your point and agree.

This would be a problem, considering that a team is allowed a maximum of 3 substitutions per game. If this counted into that quota, the players would still get essentially sent off (as there are no subs left to replace them) --- or, if it doesn't count towards the quota teams could abuse it in a tactic to have their most powered-out players commit horrific fouls just so they can bring a new and fresh player even after exhausting their allocated quota.
    Well obviously the amount of substitutions would remain at three aside from those sent to touch for a bit. Well if its that bad they should of course go off, but you can get red for lesser fouls [last man rule], but I am more saying about collective yellows esp, as collected over a number of games. Also the fouls should be looked at more closely after the game, refs can make mistakes. I know they sometimes do this but I didn’t see much of it in this cup.

Fresh legs may be good, but usually you already have you best players on the field, therefore it is suitable enough for lesser fouls to loose your better players for the game but have less men.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123