Nordid
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Germania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's what the Hasbara operatives do to demoralize people from discussing. Train of thought: 'oh look, another person leaving, I guess this place is dead now'.

In any case, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogbot View Post
    It's what the Hasbara operatives do to demoralize people from discussing. Train of thought: 'oh look, another person leaving, I guess this place is dead now'.

In any case, good riddance to bad rubbish.
    I don't know about that one. I think people do it here because there is a specific sub-forum for people leaving (probably created so that people can try to convince the person who is leaving to reconsider). Considering this specific sub-forum is created by the people running this website, I am sure that it is not part of a conspiracy to destroy the forum or to discourage people from posting.

(unless it is a secret conspiracy and this forum is run by the authorities or the secretjews :o is there a alufoil hat smily?)

Edit: oh yeah, and farewell Nordfrisk

Last Online
    Monday, August 1st, 2011 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    jysk
    Ancestry
    Norse Gemanic/jutlander
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Jutland Jutland
    Single Farther
    Occupation
    Artist
    Religion
    Baphomethean Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And so on and so on....

"We do not support arcane anti-free-speech laws imposed by any government, so you can utter your opinion without fear"

This is why I am here, and I am not leaving any time soon...

But good by then mate..

Damn, I love this forum

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Svartljos View Post
    I don't know about that one. I think people do it here because there is a specific sub-forum for people leaving (probably created so that people can try to convince the person who is leaving to reconsider). Considering this specific sub-forum is created by the people running this website, I am sure that it is not part of a conspiracy to destroy the forum or to discourage people from posting.
    Well, the "Farewell&Absence" sub-forum exists because some people learn to like and cherish each other as time goes by. The fate or well-being of other members isn´t uninteresting to many of us.

I think there has to be a place where people can write (only if they want, of course) about the reasons of their farewell or about upcoming events in their lives which will prevent them from writing in our board for a specific period of time. For example, one of our members decided to leave the board for some time because his wife became seriously ill so he wants to invest more time for her and her healing. He didn´t wanted to leave the board from one day to another like an anonymous ghost so he told us about his matter and that his absence is only temporarily. Now we know why he´s away and he can be sure that no one here is worried or has to ask others about his fate. As you can see, a farewell thread has only positive effects to both sides. Sometimes certain people use farewell threads to denigrate our forum for the very last time but we staff members always spoil their "fun" by editing or deleting their insults and bad abuses.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Well, the "Farewell&Absence" sub-forum exists because some people learn to like and cherish each other as time goes by. The fate or well-being of other members isn´t uninteresting to many of us.

I think there has to be a place where people can write (only if they want, of course) about the reasons for their farewell or about upcoming events in their lives which will prevent them from writing in our board for a specific period of time. For example, one of our members decided to leave the board for some time because his wife became seriously ill so he wants to invest more time for her and her healing. He didn´t wanted to leave the board from one day to another like an anonymous ghost so he told us about his reason and that his absence is only temporarily. Now we know why he´s away and he can be sure that no one here is worried or has to ask others about his fate. You see, a farewell thread has only positive effects to both sides. Some people use farewell threads to denigrate our forum for the very last time but we staff members always spoil their "fun" by editing or deleting their insults and bad abuses.
    Yes, I know that is the purpose of this particular area on the forum. I myself have used it to announce an absence of a certain space of time before, and I do think it's a good think to have. I didn't mention that though as I was actually just sarcastically mocking the person whom I quoted who thought that it was a Jewish conspiracy to shut down the forum, sorry about that.