Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lightbulb Post a Picture of Your Spirit Guide

Hi Skadians, I am curious today. I was wondering if people would like to post up or write a little piece on your spirit guide. Most of us have one, maybe two or more even? I'm looking for the unusual ones, so Jesus people, we already know who your spirit guide is.

So when did your spirit guide arrive? Are they friendly, nice, evil, tough? How do they look? What do they do? Are they wise? Do they make you laugh and cry? Have they ever spoken to you? Are they human or something else? Have they always been the same?

I'd really like to hear about your dreaming guides.

So who do you keep in your head locked in your imagination???

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

My own persona, Ćdiruc, or alternately spelled as Aedoric, is sort of my spirit guide. He is suppose to represent some of my traits and some traits I don't have but strive for. These traits are a blend of physical, emotional, spiritual, and philosophical state-of-mind. He is in the form of an Anglo-Saxon warrior or knight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Not sure I know what a spirit guide is?

Maybe the Raven for me.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Has Left Skadi
    Politics
    Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post
    Not sure I know what a spirit guide is?

Maybe the Raven for me.
    It can be a muse too. My spirit guide used to be a scaly human sized red dragon once. Pretty, upstanding, beautiful wings but a bit fragile in it's appearance. When I felt good in myself I could imagine the dragon taking flight into a sunny sky. It's that dream switch that makes you believe you can do, see and feel the same thing, ie, experience it in your imagination. 'He' sadly went away in time. He got physically unwell. He's still around, just resting, that unwanted sleep.

Other muses I've had, several Goddesses, naturally. They are very wise. I used to just listen to them talk to each other. I learned a lot!!! I used to draw them too. I didn't realize Goddesses like to discuss what human 'love' is all about, they are fascinated by it.

My second last muse was very important, we have the same heart and feelings, but I always imagined her as much tougher minded than me, in control of almost unlimited power and concern. A human who is blessed with unlimited god-like abilities.

My last incarnation of my muse was the one above, but at a much younger stage of life. Ie, no societal barrier restricting her emotions or reactions. Her physical form altered dramatically too!

I wrote for her and drew her, she etched into my heart permanently, and then something very odd took over me, I was becoming my muse!!! That can be a dangerous thing if you are not capable of handling powerful emotions!

But anyway, if you haven't got one, then that's a pity, when the imagination awakens, you'll wonder how you got through life without one.

My own persona, Ćdiruc, or alternately spelled as Aedoric, is sort of my spirit guide. He is suppose to represent some of my traits and some traits I don't have but strive for. These traits are a blend of physical, emotional, spiritual, and philosophical state-of-mind. He is in the form of an Anglo-Saxon warrior or knight.
    Ah, the noble warrior! Always a fighter of the heart and a good person to have around! So, I have to ask a Conan the Barabarian question, have you figured out the 'Riddle of Steel' yet?

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Shadow View Post
    Ah, the noble warrior! Always a fighter of the heart and a good person to have around! So, I have to ask a Conan the Barabarian question, have you figured out the 'Riddle of Steel' yet?
    Thulsa Doom said:

"The true strength of steel is in the hand that wields it – in other words, it is the resolve and commitment we bring to a task, not the quality or quantity of tools we use in performing it, that is the most important factor in determining success."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddle_of_Steel

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian decent/ancestry - Born American
    Ancestry
    Norway, Germany, Sweden, England
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Personal care, construction
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Religion
    Norse Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Huginn and Munin. My family has always hailed a raven flying over head. I still remember my grandmother jokingly saying every time they flew, "Don't tell on me." very softly. They fly in my dreams, showing the correct path to take.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Has Left Skadi
    Politics
    Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thulsa Doom said:

"The true strength of steel is in the hand that wields it – in other words, it is the resolve and commitment we bring to a task, not the quality or quantity of tools we use in performing it, that is the most important factor in determining success."
    The Riddle of Steel, I would have gone a little more eclectic for my answer.

They mentioned in the movie the gods left it upon the battlefield. I would say, that's right, it's not for humans, it's for gods. And one must take that will on board if one is to wield it.

Gods and whomever they are fighting, probably demons or worse gods, don't fight like a human with their 'restrictions'.

I used to think the nobleness of steel and the sword was something that could define character, ie, something to focus all your honourable thoughts into. Let the sword and steel be your guiding light.

But, that's wrong. Well thats what my live-in-muse thinks.

She, me, whatever, believes that to wield a sword and steel is to posses an artefact that only a god can use, and use effectively.

To be honourable is a human restriction, and it promotes a sensibility in war, which is ultimately a trap. Therefore, one must be like a god and a demon too. Ie, to be worthy of gripping such a thing and giving it the sheer cunning and wrath that only a god could.

Steel isn't for humans. It's for gods.

My answer would be along those lines, but ultimately, it is to give it back.

Because, when war is done, it's not for us.

Thats what I think at least.

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian & German
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Very interesting question... I am not sure what to answer, and I am even less sure if I understood what you meant.

I like to consider and I consider myself a spiritual person, but, as far as I'm thinking of it right now, I don't remember to ever had a spirit guide with a certain form that I could see. I mean I felt there was someone or something guiding me, but I never wondered how it looks like, it seemed enough for me to feel their presence... It was a good feeling, like it was and it still is a good company... So, no mistakes about it, I guess.

And if you mean a spiritual guide, a person / human being who is spiritual advanced enough to guide other human beings on a spiritual path, I may have one... but I'm not sure this is the answer you desired.

Being raised as an Orthodox Christian, in my early childhood, did I miss something?
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 @ 07:18 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Dutch and Greek
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Meritocracy
    Religion
    Thelema
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the closest I have to a spirit guide is, maybe, Hendrik 1 Van Brabant. mainly for his noble yet rebellious nature.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I'm not sure if I have a spirit guide, or if I do by chance have one, I'm not sure I've seen it.

I have though seen/felt/experienced oddities that some would say are spiritual.

When I was still in high school I took a walk around the countryside, when I approached one of the roads that leads down the hill my current residence is upon I thought I saw a figure clad in leather armor and mail it was a complete soft blue color with white, I had photographed it and posted it when I was at Stormfront, but now the picture is gone. I had some interesting responses to it.

I do hear voices at times late at night, I'm not sure if that's real or in my head, an example being right as I was trying to fall asleep I kept hearing a voice stating my name and telling me to open my eyes, I did so and saw nothing but blackness, this process repeated for half an hour until I decided to down some vodka and force myself into slumber.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast