State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Nihilistic Individual Anarchism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    This looks like an advantage. Why to consider it a "disease" (something doesn't sound good about this term), when you could see it as a possible quality? Just transform it into a quality, take advantage of it... of course, this requires a lot of work, nothing valuable is supposed to be get easily, but I think the effort would be worth it. I guess not so many people have this "quality" of being able to do so many things at the same time... and if you manage to do many things in a good way, at the same time, many would envy you for that! Practice makes perfect, of course, so why not try it?
    Congratulations for your friend, velvet, to be able to deal with it by himself! And the idea of getting more part-time jobs, instead of one full-time repetitive job sounds like the solution for me, as well! Many thanks to mention it, it's a good advice!
    The view that it is a disadvantage also annoys me. So here's a list a of the 10 great advantages of AD(H)D:

1. Empathy

People with AD(H)D have an incredible control to associate with other people. But it goes a notch ahead than that. We also have a highly developed capability to identify with others, and to see a lot of diverse point of views.

2. Ingenuity

I have on no account come across an AD(H)Der who was not ingenious. Painters, designers, sculptors, film makers, writers, musicians, and comedians - the list goes on. Creative aptitudes are plentiful. Composers Mozart and Beethoven are assumed to have had AD(H)D.

3. Enthusiasm

When an AD(H)Der is fed up with a job, finishing it can look as if like torment. But provide an AD(H)Der an attention grabbing task to work on and look out. When we would like to achieve something, and we have the essential tools to do so, there is no stopping us.

4. Problem Solving Capability

AD(H)Ders flourish on deciphering puzzles and problems. Provide us with an attention grabbing problem to crack and we will not be able to leave it until we have established the explanation. Significant historical inventors such as Thomas Edison and Thomas Jefferson are assumed to have had AD(H)D.

5. Hyper-Focus

The capacity to hyper-focus is something that AD(H)Ders can make use of to our benefit. When kept under control and aimed towards fruitful jobs, like achieving objectives and living dreams, it can be an unbelievable positive feature that allows us to get the work done, and done well.

6. Sense of Humor/Flair for Comedy

Nearly all AD(H)Ders love to laugh, and a lot of them have an ability to make others laugh as well. Well known humorists such as Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams are believed to have AD(H)D.

7. Spirit

There is no doubt that despite the fact that there are many great traits that come alongside with AD(H)D, there are also challenge. But AD(H)Ders have a hard to believe capability to spring back back from those challenges, and others' condemnation of those challenges that we have undergone.

8. Intuitiveness

AD(H)Ders have a quick sense of perception. This may be as a result of extremely refrained intensity of awareness, or great innate knowledge of the human mind, or something else that we have thus far to comprehend. No matter what the explanation is, it is a very valuable gift.

9. Idea Generating

AD(H)Ders are brilliant proposal makers. We do not by and large like to be troubled with particulars, but we can crop up with thoughts in no time at all. We are a real benefit in brainstorming meetings.

10. That "Special Something"

A lot of AD(H)Ders believe that they have an exceptional way of looking at the world, a point of view that others simply do not comprehend. That is, until the AD(H)Der comes across other people with AD(H)D. You may say that we are on our own wavelength.
    And again, I possess all above "symptoms" of ADHD. I'm feeling a bit proud.
    "There are no races, only countries of people Chuck Norris has beaten to different shades of black and blue."

Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 06:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    And again, I possess all above "symptoms" of ADHD. I'm feeling a bit proud.
    The contradictory "symptoms" of ADD/ADHD just shows how idiotic and bankrupt the modern psychology/psychiatry industry is. Everyone has his own strengths and weaknesses, and just because one isn't good at something doesn't mean he has a "disorder" in it. Or if it did indicate a "disorder," then why don't these charlatans classify people who are good at sitting still and paying attention to mundane details but lack ingenuity, humor, spirit, etc., as having a disorder?

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but the harsh truth is that people with "ADD/ADHD" simply need extra discipline. When strict discipline was the norm, like in old Prussia, I'm quite sure ADD/ADHD was not a problem.

Here's the old-fashioned remedy for "ADD/ADHD" :

Calm down or I'll pop you in the mouth again

I can sympathize with what you're going through, as I had similar experiences when I was your age. I was diagnosed as having ADHD too. My advice to you is stay away from ADHD drugs, learn to appreciate the benefits of discipline and "tough love," and realize that life is a struggle. If you have to work harder than everyone else to concentrate, then just suck it up and do it. You'll build a strong character in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    For your parents. Get them to go to a doc, a therapist, groups whatever, for that they learn to accept the disorder. And demand that they accept you, as their family member with that disorder. It's noone's "fault", it's just the way it is and you and they will have to learn to deal with it, so that they dont make it worse for you. Being in puberty, going through the process of becoming mature is hard enough and many kids freak out in that time. Having such a disorder on top requires that your family stands behind you and supports you in a positive way. For that they can do that though it is important that they know what is wrong and what they can do. Professional help, also for them, is essential.
    First, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a bunch of baloney.

Second, his parents don't have to accept sh*t. That line of thinking is tradition-destroying neo-Marxism pure and simple.
    Last edited by Ward; Friday, June 4th, 2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: trimmed some fat, added material from deleted post
    — Always outnumbered but never outclassed —

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Just because you have ADHD does not mean that there is anything " wrong " with you and never let anyone tell you different. Some of the most creative thinkers and does are ADHD. I kind of look at it like this, people with ADD or ADHD make life very interesting and fun. Just don't use it as a crutch, use it to your advantage. Stay away from the meds if you can as they could cloud your views and make you a zombie.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, October 30th, 2010 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caribbean/westerner
    Ancestry
    German,Italian, swedish, English,
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    music
    Politics
    A political
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    most of these therapists/physcologist types are fools but if you do have some sort of problem then channel it and use it, if you are smart enough to make this post then you can channel these things in other ways, music art sports something creative or functional.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
    I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but the harsh truth is that people with "ADD/ADHD" simply need extra discipline. When strict discipline was the norm, like in old Prussia, I'm quite sure ADD/ADHD was not a problem.

Here's the old-fashioned remedy for "ADD/ADHD" :

Calm down or I'll pop you in the mouth again
    I don't think the "tough love" method works as that was tried on me, it only taught me to be more resistant and stubborn. I was smart enough to know I was really not doing anything wrong.

The use of drugs was out of the question as for several reasons. One we were poor and could not afford them. Two my mother was very practical, patient, and studied every situation. She believed the use of drugs to treat something like ADHD would just create a addictive personality.

I have many good stories related to ADHD that are very relevant to this thread I will just share one for now.When I was growing up things like school headshrinkers were just starting to appear in most schools. Since I was the " problem child " they thought that I needed a school therapist. This woman must have been fresh from the Frankfurt school or a underling of Dr. Spock. The first thing she did accuse my mother of loving me less than her other 11 children. Let me tell you that you do not want to unleash the wrath of 5' 2" German woman with piecing blue eyes that cut like a knife and that was raising twelve children on her own with no government assistance. She very quickly grabbed that woman by the collar and told her in a " thoughtful " manner that she was full of bull. Needless to say my mother got her point across about love of children.

The whole point about the above story is to say that patience of those around you is required as much as patience from yourself. My mother had extreme patience and fortitude. When every teacher and therapist was telling her not to waste time on me, that I was just going to end up in prison or worse. She taught me to have patience and to look at all sides of a problem with great care. To say really that overcoming ADHD or ADD is really just mind over matter really does have some truth in it. Just remember that which does not kill you makes you stronger.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Nihilistic Individual Anarchism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    AD(H)D is a problem of all times. Do you really believe it popped out of nowhere? That the world was free of ADHD until post-WWII, when it "happened" all of the sudden? No. Instead, people are now actually made aware that it is a minor disorder in the brain. In your beloved old Prussia, children with ADHD were probarly isolated from society and physically abused by their parents. While all the "good" children could go to the city with mother, the "bad ADHD" child was forced to stay home and do some annoying chores. That isn't learning discipline, it's mentally abandoning the child and rejecting it.
    "There are no races, only countries of people Chuck Norris has beaten to different shades of black and blue."

Last Online
    Friday, August 10th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Danish,Celtic
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    bachelor
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Norse asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To Help You

There is some very good advise out there on this subject.

From some one who knows I recommend this.

1) Practise body building this works the whole body, and huge amounts of energy can be channelled in a positive way to creating and development the physique.

It effects the breathing and nervous system which channels megin life force energy around the body thus cancelling out excessive hyperactivity.

The after effects of this training is a un natural calmness. This is the disired effect.

The breathing and metabolism is lowered.

Focus on the breathing by the yogic breathing the out breath brings calmness and tranquility. This lowers the metabolic rate and brain waves.
    This is the disired effect. Consentrated breathing allows focusing of the mind
    this is the disired effect. Better clarity of mind.

Avoid all artifical colourings and man made foods with sweetners. You will find that there is an allergy to this kind of food which precipitates this hyperactivity. Through a process of illimination you can check all foods and its effects being positive or negative, you will have to adapt your life style to the neccessary conditions which give you the best results.

With regards to goals either paint or make something, or read where the mind is absorbed in a constructive form. Never let the mind wander or be un focused otherwise the mind will work to the opposite and against you.

I hope this is helpfull to you and I wish you well with it.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    My advice to you is stay away from ADHD drugs
    I agree on this. Drugs of any type aren't worth anything, excepting for really terrible and exceptional cases. And the same with food, avoiding additives and everything which is unnatural or can be unhealthy, this is all that stands for a healthy way of life, regardless of having or not having ADHD/ADD.

Good luck!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 06:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G Baughman View Post
    The whole point about the above story is to say that patience of those around you is required as much as patience from yourself. My mother had extreme patience and fortitude. When every teacher and therapist was telling her not to waste time on me, that I was just going to end up in prison or worse. She taught me to have patience and to look at all sides of a problem with great care. To say really that overcoming ADHD or ADD is really just mind over matter really does have some truth in it. Just remember that which does not kill you makes you stronger.
    Well, I had written about some of my experiences living with "ADHD" but then decided to delete them because, quite frankly, I'm embarrassed by them. I think you might have seen them before I flushed them down the memory hole. But to make a long story short, I feel I didn't get the discipline I needed until I joined the military. My parents were far too tolerant and lenient on me for my own good, and this set me back a few years in my development.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    AD(H)D is a problem of all times. Do you really believe it popped out of nowhere? That the world was free of ADHD until post-WWII, when it "happened" all of the sudden? No. Instead, people are now actually made aware that it is a minor disorder in the brain. In your beloved old Prussia, children with ADHD were probarly isolated from society and physically abused by their parents. While all the "good" children could go to the city with mother, the "bad ADHD" child was forced to stay home and do some annoying chores. That isn't learning discipline, it's mentally abandoning the child and rejecting it.
    I didn't think you were going to like what I had to say but I wouldn't be doing you any favors by sugar coating it. I had to battle through pretty much the same stuff you're going through now so I feel your pain. However, what are you expecting? For people to feel sorry for you and cut you some extra slack?

Your parents might be willing to do that for you, but this will only give you a false sense that the world revolves around you. Consequently, you'll be in for a profound shock when you finally enter the real world and realize that nobody gives a sh*t about your supposed "disorder." You'll be judged you entirely on what you can accomplish on your own. If you can't pay attention and study at university then you'll fail. If you can't behave yourself on the job or get your work done you'll be fired. If you can't show some emotional maturity and confidence around women then you'll probably never find a decent partner. That's just how the world works. The sooner you realize this the better. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Given some of the things we know about Hitler (his poor performance in school as a child, his artistic mindset, etc.) he most likely had some form of ADD/ADHD, but he fought through it and left us this nugget of wisdom:

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”

Words to live by, I think.
    — Always outnumbered but never outclassed —

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    OP, I have a question for you (or for anyone else with ADHD). Is there anything you find easy to give your attention to? Like video games etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast