A political
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings

hello, first i would like to say i am here because i am hoping i can find a place where i can learn more about my heritage and roots and because i have a interest in preserving my heritage, i have had little luck on other sites and found little to no support and kindness because i reside in a country and in a region with very few whites and even fewer people of Germanic decent for that matter, where i live is a vast black majority country,
    either way i would like to know the doctrines and ideas of this site and i am hoping to have conversation with like minded people,

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    Welcome here, german islander. I'm seeing from your postings you're living in Haiti. I've to admit I didn't know about the existence of German communities there. I'm gathering they're very small, but nonetheless I'm interested in informations about them. I'm a member of a German community in a country too which is rapidly declining, so I can understand the situation a little bit maybe. I hope you don't mind that I've some questions for you:

How many German or Germanic people are in Haiti? (I don't need the precise number, but an estimation at least. Hundreds? Thousands? For example.)

Is the German language spoken? Are there any publications or institutions which use it?

How are the white and Germanic peoples treated in general? There are racial tensions or are the white people too insignificant to the blacks?

How do you envision preserving your heritage in such a country? Do you wish for children to teach your heritage to? In that case, haven't you thought about moving to an area with a more numerous Germanic community?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the stay.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, October 30th, 2010 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caribbean/westerner
    Ancestry
    German,Italian, swedish, English,
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    music
    Politics
    A political
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    German decent who are Haitian about 150 or so, English decent less than 150 maybe less than 50, polish a few hundred but all i know of are mixed who are of polish decent, i dont think you count French or Italian as Germanic but whites from other backgrounds are in Haiti, not counting expats who reside in Haiti some of whom are Germanic in there background like canadians, americans, russians, ect,

the language is spoken by some but i know very little German. there are no publications or schools speaking it, French, Haitian creole, are the languages and many people speak english and spanish,

most blacks dont care because the presence is so small they assume that all Germanic people are from somewhere other place and are not part of the country however yes there are tensions and very harsh things that i dont want to get into at the moment but yes racism against whites is very alive, but some blacks are accepting and tolerant, and good neighbors,

i have considered moving and i have been spending much time in Jamaica a country i used to live in and i will be returning to Jamaica in a a few months or so but i am currently working in the USA for the summer, i am not sure what the future will hold i still have much to take care of in Haiti thank you for the warm welcome,
    and my hope is that my heritage lives on threw my children, and that i can find a wife that is to a background like mine

Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Welcome here, german islander. I'm seeing from your postings you're living in Haiti. I've to admit I didn't know about the existence of German communities there. I'm gathering they're very small, but nonetheless I'm interested in informations about them. I'm a member of a German community in a country too which is rapidly declining, so I can understand the situation a little bit maybe. I hope you don't mind that I've some questions for you:

How many German or Germanic people are in Haiti? (I don't need the precise number, but an estimation at least. Hundreds? Thousands? For example.)

Is the German language spoken? Are there any publications or institutions which use it?

How are the white and Germanic peoples treated in general? There are racial tensions or are the white people too insignificant to the blacks?

How do you envision preserving your heritage in such a country? Do you wish for children to teach your heritage to? In that case, haven't you thought about moving to an area with a more numerous Germanic community?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the stay.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    Hmm, finding someone of similar background might be difficult in a population of hundreds. I know how difficult it is here, and we're tens of thousands. Although fewer and fewer young peoples. Anyway, I wish you good luck in preserving your heritage wherever you decide to move.