Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Post White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days

White Death: the Sniper Who Killed 700 Soviets in 100 Days

Ensconced in the snow, his white camouflage suit rendering him invisible to the invading Soviet soldiers he stalked, Simo Häyhä steadied himself to fire. During the 1939–1940 Winter War, in temperatures as low as –40 °C, the Finnish sniper undertook a killing spree that saw him single-handedly take the lives of at least 700 men in less than 100 days. Over 500 of these he shot using a standard, bolt-action rifle with non-telescopic sights. Is it any wonder he earned the nickname The White Death among his enemies? Meet the man who would take Rambo to the cleaners.

The sharpshooter who would later be credited with the highest number of confirmed kills in any war in history came from humble rural beginnings. Born near the present day Finnish-Russian border, Häyhä was a farmer and hunter before entering combat, though it’s no shock to learn he already had his share of marksman’s trophies. His skills sharpened by the sort of training only life can offer, this tough little outdoorsman was always going to be a handful, and when the Red Army invaded Finland three months after the outbreak of WWII, Häyhä heard the call of duty.

Little was the operative word. Häyhä stood just 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m) tall, which was one basis for his choice of weapon, an M/28 or M28/30 Soviet Mosin-Nagant rifle that suited his small frame. He also rejected a scoped rifle in favour of basic iron sights for other reasons: it meant he presented less of target as he could keep his head lower; it negated the risk of his position being exposed by sun glare in a telescopic lens; and lastly open sights were not prone to fogging up or breaking which was a concern in the snow and ice of the Winter War. Häyhä was a professional.

Of course an iron-sighted rifle also made aiming more difficult, but with 505 confirmed kills as a sniper – the other 200 he shot using a sub-machine gun – Häyhä clearly had a keen eye. Another tactic this greatest of gunmen used to conceal his own position from the enemy was to compact the snow before him so that his shot would not disturb the snow, and in true commando fashion he also kept his mouth was full of snow so that his breath did not give him away.

Despite such measures, Häyhä’s fearful reputation preceded him, and the advancing Soviets tried several strategies specifically designed to dispose of this deadly lone menace. Teams of counter-snipers and artillery units were deployed with the sole purpose of eliminating The White Death, but the snow-covered forests of Finland were his hunting grounds, not theirs.

Eventually, however, the Finnish sharpshooter’s exploits caught up with him. On March 6 1940, he was shot in the face while on the frontline by a Russian soldier. The exploding bullet went through his jaw and blew off his left cheek, with the soldiers who picked him up and brought him back to base reporting that "half his head was missing". Yet Häyhä – said to be a quiet, affable man – was still able to survive, awakening from his coma on March 13, the day peace was declared.

The heroic stand taken by Simo Häyhä and his fellow Fins against Soviet forces that outnumbered them by as much as 100:1 is often referred to as The Miracle of Kollaa. When the war had ended, Häyhä was promoted straight from corporal to second lieutenant. He went on to become a successful moose hunter and lived to the age of 96. When he was asked about his service, he stated, "I only did what was ordered, and did it as well as I could." Asked what the key to his success was, his short answer was, “Practice... and clear days.”

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...imo-hayh/20951

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 04:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    With an iron sight awesome! No wonder I think it was Hitler who expressed admiration for the Finns by calling them the last race of heroes.
    Also I saw a picture of him and think it would be interesting to classify this guy.

Waffenbrüder und Blut
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Homo europæus
    Ancestry
    Iutum (Jutes), Agendicum (Sénons)
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    NS-Eugeniker
    Religion
    Highland Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den groda View Post
    With an iron sight awesome! No wonder I think it was Hitler who expressed admiration for the Finns by calling them the last race of heroes.
    Finns were considered to part of the yellow race all the way up to the 60's.

Also I saw a picture of him and think it would be interesting to classify this guy.
    Sub-Lapponoid (or Atlanto-Lappid type).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I know that Finland was not considered Germanic by Hitler, but there can be Germanic Finns right?

Maybe Hitler did not make that quote though I was told by somebody he did.

Anyway what the Finns did in the Winter War was remarkable.

Waffenbrüder und Blut
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Homo europæus
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    NS-Eugeniker
    Religion
    Highland Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I know that Finland was not considered Germanic by Hitler,
    Not being considered Germanic is one thing, but Finns were not even considered to be caucasians, they were considered to be an Eurasian race at best. Finns started to be considered “white” only 50 years ago, obviously out of pan-europeanist correctness (everyone in Europe is “white”, equal, yada yada.)

but there can be Germanic Finns right?
    The Swedish minority who lives in Finland, Finland-Swedes.

Maybe Hitler did not make that quote though I was told by somebody he did.
    As a matter of fact the law was changed to not include Northern Europeans of non-Scandinavian descent from being called “Aryans”. One of Hauke Hein posts explain this somewhere.

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 10:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassenhygieniker View Post
    Finns were considered to part of the yellow race all the way up to the 60's.
    ??? Since when were Finn's considered non-white? I've always seen them depicted as the epitome of 'whiteness'; like all Scandinavians. I know some of them can look a little Eurasian because of there historical connection to Russia, but non-white? that seems extremely picky to me.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Their language is not a "Indo-European" language they speak a "Finno-Ugrian“ language unless they are Swedish speaking Finns. So their language is not Germanic.
    Racial speaking Finns can be Nordic as many Swedes moved there as Finland was part of Sweden, however it was also part of Russia so there is sizable Slavic influence. There is also a sizable influence from the indigenous Sami.

The modern Finns are European and can be Nordic but generally are not as pure as the Scandinavian people. Just because many have blonde hair and blue eyes does not make them Nordic they may (or may not) have other influences. I read in the physical anthropology section of the forum that each Finn should be looked at in a case by case basis to see if they are Nordic.

I was watching The Dudesons last night and I think Jukka is very Nordic and maybe HP too, although I am not sure about the other two.

Waffenbrüder und Blut
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Homo europæus
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    NS-Eugeniker
    Religion
    Highland Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InvaderNat View Post
    ??? Since when were Finn's considered non-white?
    Since centuries ago. That it be by the Scandinavians or the English.

I've always seen them depicted as the epitome of 'whiteness';
    By whom?

like all Scandinavians.
    Finns are not Scandinavians.

I know some of them can look a little Eurasian because of there historical connection to Russia,
    The mongoloid look of the Finns is unrelated to the mongoloid look of the Russians.

The mongoloid look in some Russian is either of Turanid or mongolian source for the Eastern Russians.

Finns mongoloid look is mostly of Uralid/Lappoid source.

but non-white? that seems extremely picky to me.
    Not really, the mongoloid marker N is as high as 60% in Finland, while it is almost non-existant in Scandinavia (aside from Northern Sweden and excluding the extra-Scandinavians of the Sami community who reside in Scandinavia). There is also the blood type AB which is as high as 7% in Finland, placing them right next to Turkey (another highly mixed race country) and Finland share territory with Lappland in the North.

Most Finns seem to be of Nordic-Lapplandish stock.

Racial speaking Finns can be Nordic
    Not really, your average Finns (not Finland-Swedes) seem to be at best reduced Hallstatt Nordids, depending on the cases shorter/rounder skull, reduced/flattened noses, reduced jaws, stockier bodies et alii.

I was watching The Dudesons last night and I think Jukka is very Nordic and maybe HP too, although I am not sure about the other two.
    Like alot of Finns he has some Nordid influence which is indicated by his mesocephalic head, but obviously other than that his facial structure is obviously not (pure) Hallstatt Nordid. He looks to be a Nordiform Scando-Lappid.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Their language is not a "Indo-European" language they speak a "Finno-Ugrian“ language unless they are Swedish speaking Finns. So their language is not Germanic.
    As a budding linguist, language is important to me, also in the ethnic terms. However, if we see "Indo-European" as a pointer to decide upon acceptance then we might just as well team up with PANF and count Berbers, Kurds and Pakistani as our folk.

Racial speaking Finns can be Nordic as many Swedes moved there as Finland was part of Sweden, however it was also part of Russia so there is sizable Slavic influence. There is also a sizable influence from the indigenous Sami.
    Actually, I would grade the racial influence of Swedes and Russians, i.e. Germanics and Slavs as relatively minor. As Finns and Estonians are not strictly culturally an approximate of their linguistic cousins such as the Volga Finns, but have approximated closer towards the Balts, with whom they have had ready exchange, the influence would be more likely to be from a Baltic source.

If we talked about blondism as a pointer for Nordic heritage (which is of course not true), then it is curious to say that aside from Finns and Estonians, the lightest-pigment nations are typically Baltic, especially talking about Latvia, ahead of most Germanic nations. Latvia is more blonde, and actually typically more (East-)Nordid than Sweden, with Lithuania coming in 5th, just after Sweden and ahead of all other Germanic countries.

Just because many have blonde hair and blue eyes does not make them Nordic they may (or may not) have other influences.
    Blondism is, as I always stress, of course only a pointer and no conclusive characteristic. It is however true of Finns, that pure Baltid or even East-Baltid specimens are relatively rare, and that most Finns are typically a mixture between Baltid and Nordid pointers, though as can be observed rather of the typically Baltic-derived East-Nordid type or indeed the actual Battle-Axe East-Nordid type rather than of the Hallstatt/Skando-Nordid type.

That this should be true speaks of a remarkably great racial influence of Nordoid types. The Lapponoid and Sub-Lapponoid test is of course still out, with all types of theories ranging from Mongoloid remnants to over-borealisation of Baltids via Baltid > East-Baltid > Lappoid, the latter of which being the theory I support.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 10:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassenhygieniker View Post
    Finns are not Scandinavians.
    Finland is part of Scandinavia and the Finns are certainly genetically European (or 'white'), like most people form that region they do have varing amounts of Eurasian genetic markers but that hardly makes them Mongoloid; non-Germanic sure, but not non-European.

An analysis of genetic admixture between Uralic and European ancestors shows that Lapps/Sami are slightly more than 50% European, Hungarians are 87% European, and Finns are 90% European.
    Finns are a genetic isolate. It could be said that all other Europeans have Finnish genes but Finns don't have all the genes found in other Europeans. Finns show very little if any Mediterranean and African genes but on the other hand almost 10% of Finnish genes seem to be shared with some Siberian populations. Nevertheless more than 80% of Finnish genes are from a single ancient North-European population, while most Europeans are a mixture of 3 or more principal components.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_people#Genetics

You seem to be viewing the Finns through an overly 'Germano-centrist' viewpoint, all Europeans have reletively similiar haplogroups; but there not exactly the same genetically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast