Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

Thumbs Down Cinco De Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is a holiday to celebrate Mexico & everything Mexican. I can remember what the origninal Cinco de Mayo commemorates, it is not a big deal in Mexico. But in the US there are official proclamations to honor Cinco de Mayo. I'm not aware of it being a paid holiday anywhere, but you can be sure most communities from California to Texas & inland anywhere where there is a sizeable Mexican community will acknowledge this bastard holiday. Schoolchildren will take time out of learning to be made aware of Mexican culture (as if they haven't noticed their cities & schools have been overran) & celebrate () the joys of multiculturalism.

This year the NBA's Phoenix Suns will become the Los Suns when they play San Antonio Wednesday evening. This is to honor Arizona's Latin community & to thumb their noses at Arizona's new immigration law.

Suns to wear 'Los Suns' uniforms to honor Phoenix's Latino community

Considering that the majority of players for the NBA are Negroes & Hispanics have very little to do with the league, this gesture doesn't make sense, except maybe to make the compassionate millionaires who own the Suns feel good about themselves. And btw, the correct translation is "Los Sols" not "Los Suns". Anyone who has been exposed to bilingualism for more then a few years (like Arizonans) can figure that out.

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 02:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    This year the NBA's Phoenix Suns will become the Los Suns when they play San Antonio Wednesday evening. This is to honor Arizona's Latin community & to thumb their noses at Arizona's new immigration law.

Considering that the majority of players for the NBA are Negroes & Hispanics have very little to do with the league, this gesture doesn't make sense, except maybe to make the compassionate millionaires who own the Suns feel good about themselves. And btw, the correct translation is "Los Sols" not "Los Suns". Anyone who has been exposed to bilingualism for more then a few years (like Arizonans) can figure that out.
    The Phoenix Suns are owned by one Robert Sarver.

In Tucson, the Sarvers were members of and financial contributors to the Reform, Conservative and Orthodox congregations - Temple Emanu-El, Congregation Anshei Israel and Young Israel respectively - but "we spent most of my upbringing at Temple Emanu-El," Sarver recalls. "I went to Sunday school; I got bar mitzvahed there ... and then I didn't go any more because it started to conflict with my tennis schedule - I was playing in tennis tournaments."

Does he remember his Torah portion?

"No," he grins. "All I remember is that about a week before, they called my parents and said, 'Your son is not going to be able to chant his Torah portion; we're just going to make him read it.'"

If he didn't attend synagogue much, he later became a regular in the boardrooms of various Jewish organizations - serving at age 25 as chairman of the Major Gifts Dinner of Tucson's United Jewish Federation. He also visited Israel on his own.
    Sarver is asked about a comment by former Boston Celtic superstar Larry Bird that the NBA may need more white players to attract fans.

"Well, not necessarily white players," he responds, "although I do think diversity is good, regardless of what kind of diversity it is. I think it's good that we have more foreign players playing. You look at Yao Ming (of the Houston Rockets) now and what he has done to turn on basketball in China; all of a sudden there are a bunch of kids in China playing basketball, fans in China, and you've got players from Argentina and Africa and all over the place. To me, the more the better."
    Cinco De Mayo is a huge thing in Waco. My mom works in the school system there, and when this rolls around every year ALL ELSE MUST STOP so that every other student can bask in the multi-cultural glow.
    She says that all it really does is give the hispanics a chance to strut and each year they get a little more pompous and in your face with it. It would not surprise me if one day it became a crime not to celebrate Cinco De Mayo.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    The Phoenix Suns are owned by one Robert Sarver.
    That explains a lot. The Suns (and Diamondbacks) both use to be controlled by ownership groups that had Jerry Colangelo as the managing partner.

Cinco De Mayo is a huge thing in Waco. My mom works in the school system there, and when this rolls around every year ALL ELSE MUST STOP so that every other student can bask in the multi-cultural glow.
    She says that all it really does is give the hispanics a chance to strut and each year they get a little more pompous and in your face with it. It would not surprise me if one day it became a crime not to celebrate Cinco De Mayo.
    Well I know you are considered racist if you if you roll your eyes at the thought of observing Cinco. Still it is something done mainly by the public sector & politicians, private business still ignores it. You will still find Mexican day laborers outside of Home Depot tomorrow.
    Last edited by Æmeric; Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Even in my small Midwestern town we have a cino de mayo parade.

When I was in school (which wasn't too awfully long ago) in every class we did some stupid thing related to it. It was not required to do anything, or at least I believe, but nearly all of the teachers did it (except the ones from larger cities who couldn't understand why the whole town was doing it, and those who did not like to do anything extra that was not related to their class)

It's only been growing, sadly, but I have seen increased tension between the mexicans immigrants and the Midwesterners who have lived here for many generations that do not want to have any of this garbage in our town.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    You will still find Mexican day laborers outside of Home Depot tommorrow.
    And there is the root of the problem summed up in one sentence.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Friday, February 25th, 2011 @ 04:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    WASP
    Ancestry
    England, France, and Germany
    Subrace
    WASP
    Country
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    driver and clerk
    Politics
    Conservative WASP
    Religion
    WASP-Baptist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I like Mexican food, but that's about it. But a lot of mexican culture just comes off as tacky with all the colors and various crap they pass off as art.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Sabdude/RoyalStandardFlagAngloNormanKings.png

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    I do not eat at mexican restaurants, I have a theory that they are fronts for drug and human trafficking, same goes for chinese places.

I read a book called the pizza connection, it was about how the mafia used pizza places all across the country to smuggle drugs and people. It was a true story .

If I want mexican food I just make it at home, that way I know what I'm eating.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 15th, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian/Nordish
    Ancestry
    Old Prussia
    Subrace
    East Baltic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    California California
    and Free.
    Occupation
    Dog trainer
    Politics
    Radical
    Religion
    I worship the Old Gods
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Celebrate!

Cinco de Mayo is a holiday to celebrate Mexico & everything Mexican. I can remember what the origninal Cinco de Mayo commemorates, it is not a big deal in Mexico. But in the US there are official proclamations to honor Cinco de Mayo. I'm not aware of it being a paid holiday anywhere, but you can be sure most communities from California to Texas & inland anywhere where there is a sizeable Mexican community will acknowledge this bastard holiday. Schoolchildren will take time out of learning to be made aware of Mexican culture (as if they haven't noticed their cities & schools have been overran) & celebrate () the joys of multiculturalism.

YEA! I'm having chili con carne asada y frijoles mixtos and offering los mojados free rides to Tijuana! Viva Mexico!

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Arizona was one of the states the US conquered in the mexican wars. As far as I know they didn't kill off the mexican or drove them over the new border but them live where they lived. If you want, they are longer there than white americans in Vineland.

Thus said I want to say that I don't mind if other people celebrate their crap. I do so for myself on Hitlers birthday. Let them have their cinco de Mayo I have my April 20th.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Saturday, December 22nd, 2018 @ 08:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Politics
    White Imperialist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    <<<<<This is to honor Arizona's Latin community & to thumb their noses at Arizona's new immigration law.>>>>
    I know it's trivial but they are --Latino's -- NOT --Latins. Big difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast