Acid attack on Pakistani sisters in Balochistan

Two weeks ago, an unknown group - the Baloch Ghairatmand Group (the Honourable Baloch Group) - claimed responsibility for a similar attack on two women in a market in Dalbandin city.

The group had warned women to wear the hijab, the traditional Muslim headscarf, and not to visit markets unaccompanied by men from their families.

The attack was criticised by Balochistan's political leaders as well as armed rebel groups, who said it had been carried out by elements that wanted to push the Baloch people back in time.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8653296.stm
When a religion at its core teaches that woman are bad, woman are a commodity to be sold (wife’s father gets a dowry) and that woman should be covered up and only let out with a relative, this kind of violence against women is the result.

I know you may say how does this affect me? But when your governments allow people from this religion into your countries in droves, you can bet it will affect your children or your children’s children.

Religious teachings that promote the replacing of state with church are always a danger to the cohesion of a country whether the religion is violent or benign like let’s say Islam and the Bahai faith; both religions teach the replacing of state power with their church authority only the methods are different.

Islam promotes violence against the infidels (anyone who is not Islamic)
The Bahai religion promotes inter-racial marriage and inter-religious marriage.
Both philosophies will eventually replace an existing culture if allowed to flourish.

An immigration policy that’s only goal is to increase the tax base without regard for the ideals of the people who immigrate is very short sighted indeed.

This reminds me of the Parable of the Scorpion

A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.
The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."
The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."
The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."