Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Congolese Immigrant Wants Tintin Banned in Belgium

A Congolese man is trying to get a controversial Tintin book banned in the cartoon star's home country of Belgium. The ginger sleuth's "little (black) helper" in Tintin in the Congo is seen as "stupid and without qualities", Bienvenu Mbutu is quoted as saying. "It makes people think that blacks have not evolved," said Mr Mbutu, who lives in Belgium.

A court is to rule on whether the book can be sold in Belgium and, if so, whether it should carry a warning. Although it was scheduled for Wednesday, the verdict has been delayed and is now expected on 5 May. The book has already attracted much criticism for its crude racial stereotypes. Three years ago, the UK's Commission for Racial Equality called for the book to be banned, saying it contained imagery and words of hideous racial prejudice.

A black woman is featured in the book bowing before Tintin and exclaiming: "White man very great. White mister is big juju man!" Written in the late 1920s, it was the second Tintin adventure created by Herge, who later said it was a youthful sin which reflected the prejudices of the time. A scene in Tintin in the Congo in which the eponymous hero gave a geography lesson to Africans about Belgium was later changed to a maths class.

Now UK editions are generally found alongside more adult books and are sold with a band of paper around the outside, warning the content is offensive. While Mr Mbutu has asked for the book to be banned, he has said he would be satisfied if it was sold with a warning like the one used in Britain, says the BBC's Dominic Hughes in Brussels.
    Source

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    "It makes people think that blacks have not evolved,"
    Well, probably there is some truth in it, especially in the Congolese state, with Pygmies running still around like thousands of years ago, with the same genes and similar culture.

There is still "bushmeat" in use, which means the blacks eat apes which often transmit dangerous diseases like Ebola, even HIV seems to have jump to humans that way, because they dont just kill the apes and eat them, but do in an inproper and unhygienic way.

There is what we know as "Congolese rape", men cutting females between the vagina and anus and raping them in that state. Well, I could mention some more things, yet its most interesting if you see what happens in Congo, its in some regions pretty much the same or even worse than 50 years ago...

So I wonder where he saw the big change.

Anyway, what we in Europe produce as comics is our beer and not his, he can make his own comic books in Congo and if feeling unappreciated in Europe, Africa is big enough and probably he gets a free hut - Mr. Mbutu...

His fellow countrymen waiting for him in the jungle:

Being unhappy in Europe, he probably prefers the evolved society at home...
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    The ginger sleuth's "little (black) helper" in Tintin in the Congo is seen as "stupid and without qualities
    IQ Congo: 73

"It makes people think that blacks have not evolved," said Mr Mbutu, who lives in Belgium.

The book has already attracted much criticism for its crude racial stereotypes.

Three years ago, the UK's Commission for Racial Equality called for the book to be banned, saying it contained imagery and words of hideous racial prejudice.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's a shame; such a nice book. One of my favourite comics.
    Hergé had a lot of intuitive psychological knowledge (displayed not only in "Tintin au Congo") not yet corrupted by political correctness. His work is in many parts an artistically created - however not strictu sensu: - document of the bad as well as the better aspects of colonialism.

Many of Hergé's depictions may go a bit far, but as such they can be seen as a necessary counterbalance against the ruling indifferentism of today's leftist socioconstructivists.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    This Just In-
    Belgians want Congolese man exported for having a lack of humour and
    for being an immigrant.
    Maybe when he gets back to the Planet of the Apes he will have a quiet moment of reflection and remeber how nice it was back in Civilization
    and think to himself,"White man very great. White mister is big juju man!"

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, February 11th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Viking-Celtic Briton
    Ancestry
    Yorkshire/Mercia/South Manchester/Abergavenny/Ireland/Scandinavia and Germany
    Subrace
    Borreby-Brunnid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Family
    Single :(
    Religion
    superstishus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Sorry for being months late but if this book is banned I'd like to see lots of people buy it in protest.

I can't believe they want to ban a book because 1 man lodged a complaint, if this was reversed and a white man lodged a complaint against a book I wouldn't be suprised if it was called a "masterpiece".

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Belgians in the Congo

I loved reading Tintin when I was a kid growing up in the 1960s. And I can't blame Hergé for depicting Congolese individually or collectively as stupid, violent, and pretty much useless, or 'unevolved'. They were and are.

In the Congo crisis of the early 1960s the Congolese didn't exactly endear themselves to the Belgians with rampant and extreme brutality inflicted on white colonial Belgians, many of whom sought and found a haven from rampaging Congolese in what was then Northern Rhodesia, then part of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, also called the Central African Federation. It was a horrific period for Belgians in the Congo at this time, and doubtless still would be.

From here I digress from the thread:

Almost 50 years on and many former Belgian colonials that had survived the massacres back then still remain grateful to the British colonial government of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland and colonial British families in Northern Rhodesia for opening the border and providing them with a safe haven and shelter from the marauding savages on the Congo side of the border. At least some people have the good grace to remember and appreciate a good turn done for them.
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    Well, probably there is some truth in it, especially in the Congolese state, with Pygmies running still around like thousands of years ago, with the same genes and similar culture.

There is still "bushmeat" in use, which means the blacks eat apes which often transmit dangerous diseases like Ebola, even HIV seems to have jump to humans that way, because they dont just kill the apes and eat them, but do in an inproper and unhygienic way.

There is what we know as "Congolese rape", men cutting females between the vagina and anus and raping them in that state. Well, I could mention some more things, yet its most interesting if you see what happens in Congo, its in some regions pretty much the same or even worse than 50 years ago...

So I wonder where he saw the big change.

Anyway, what we in Europe produce as comics is our beer and not his, he can make his own comic books in Congo and if feeling unappreciated in Europe, Africa is big enough and probably he gets a free hut - Mr. Mbutu...

His fellow countrymen waiting for him in the jungle:

Being unhappy in Europe, he probably prefers the evolved society at home...
    My God, these people are ugly, in every sense of the word.
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Last Online
    Friday, January 25th, 2019 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Religion
    My religious ways are odd.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    "It makes people think that blacks have not evolved,"
    I can't imagine where people would get this idea. Their IQ and genetic research showing Africans are the only race without neanderthal DNA. You would think it would be obvious to all at this point that they didn't evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
    Yeah they most definitely are ugly. If these people were civilized enough to put clothes on I wouldn't be able to tell their males from their females. Their faces are just to hard for me to distinguish gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Autumn View Post
    Judging by this IQ score and the way the pictures in this thread show people of the congo, it leads me wonder the IQ difference between them and the average chimpanzee. They don't seem to live that much above the standards of a group of chimps.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
    Bambutids, African Pygmies.

They are also among the most primitive and at the same time reduced-infantile people in the world, also from a genetic point of view, they are from the "Palae-African" stratum which has very little East African-Eurasian influences ("Afrasian").

Most relatively more progressive real Negrids have such influences on a higher level in comparison to them - and the Sanids.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast