@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    699 Posts

Shocking Sugar Content of Common Food Products

Refined sugars and high-fructose corn syrup are considered by many experts to be the biggest contributors to obesity and poor health in Western civilization.

Obviously sugar content is not the only factor in a food’s nutritional value (and not all of these have added sugar), but it can be illuminating to see the relative amounts in the foods we consume.

Just for fun I looked up the sugar content of a few common foods and menu items. I hope you’re as horrified as I am.
    http://www.odinistpressservice.com/2...food-products/

Last Online
    Monday, January 4th, 2021 @ 03:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    As I wrote in another section below, I have just kicked the sugar habit and feel great

It was very difficult at first because the cravings are quite intense (sugar is an addictive drug!) but, partly as an experiment, I had a Coca Cola the other night and it really did nothing for me. In fact, I didn't even finish the can.

Another spin-off is that I lost 10 lbs in under a month, which was not the reason I did it but the info may be of use to someone else, and in the process discovered some interesting new foods that I wouldn't normally have considered.

Chocolate is perhaps my final vice but I can get around this by buying it with a high cocoa content, which effectively means less sugar. I don't see myself ever going back on this stuff, unless as a "one-off" birthday or Xmas treat, perhaps.

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    High sugar content is just another way to keep adults in a perpetual state of feeling "crashed" all day long.
    Probably just another crazy conspiracy theory but it would seem that they now have people’s very taste buds indoctrinated to such an extent that they have no energy or even desire to prepare traditional type meals that are meat/vegetable/dairy/fruit. Why bother when it is much easier to eat a Milky Way bar or bag of chips?

Too much sugar, as well as the immediate and unpleasant effects of coming down from it could possibly be one of the main contributing symptoms behind such disorders as "Bi-Polar", which the psych world is fond of using to avoid having to admit there may be OTHER FACTORS involved.
    Complaints about too much sugar content in food? Well just bring up the possibility of an inherent psychoses and that will usually discourage any further enquiry.
    There are very few psych practitioners in the world that will admit to this possibility.

What am I basing all of this on? My aunt was "treated" for Bi-Polar for many years. She also happened to have a heavy sugar diet.
    A while back she went in for a routine checkup and expressed to her doctor that after years of seeing a therapist she still had not felt any better and that the meds she was prescribed only left her feeling inhuman and even more out of touch. He immediately asked her what kind of foods she ate and then recommended that she give up sugar altogether. The change in her was amazing. We had been so used to her moping around for so long that it was somewhat strange seeing her in a consistently elevated mood.
    She now reminds me of the person I knew when I was a child.