Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Destitute and Desperate, Icelanders Opt for Exile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100407...20100407153600

Destitute and desperate, Icelanders opt for exile

by Marc Preel Marc Preel – Wed Apr 7, 11:35 am ET

MOSFELLSBAER, Iceland (AFP) – Anna Margret Bjoernsdottir never thought she would be forced to leave her once wealthy homeland, but after 18 months of economic upheaval she has decided to join the biggest emigration wave from Iceland in more than a century.

"I just don't see any future here. There isn't going to be any future in this country for the next 20 years, everything is going backwards," lamented the 46-year-old single mother, who plans to move to Norway in June.

The former real estate agent who lost her job when Iceland's housing market disintegrated two years ago said she feared she could soon be forced out of her large house in Mosfellsbaer, some 15 kilometres (nine miles) from Reykjavik.

"I don't want to sell it," she said, vowing to "fight to keep" the comfortable wooden dwelling she, her daughter Olavia, their cat Isolde Tinna and their dog Candit the Bandit have called home since 2004.

Bjoernsdottir is not alone in planning to leave Iceland's economic mess behind and seek a new future abroad. Most people in Reykjavik have someone in their surroundings who has already packed their bags and left.

Emigration has rapidly picked up speed since the Atlantic island nation's economy crumbled in late 2008, dragged down by the collapse of its major banks. Last year it marked the largest exodus from the country since 1887.

Click image to see more Iceland photos

AFP

In 2009, more than 10,600 people left the country of fewer than 320,000 inhabitants, according to official statistics, with 4,835 more people moving away than immigrating.

Foreign workers, mainly Poles, who since the beginning of the decade had been drawn to Iceland's financial miracle, were the first to leave.

But Icelanders like Bjoernsdottir have not been far behind, most heading to the country's still prosperous Nordic neighbours, especially Norway.

"I don't think I can offer a good future to my daughter Olavia" in Iceland, Bjoernsdottir said.

Like many other Icelanders who have seen their worlds collapse since the financial turmoil began, Bjoernsdottir's predicament stems from the decision, on advice from her banker, to take up a loan in foreign currency.

Repayments on her loan, in yens and Swiss francs, became insurmountable after the Icelandic krona nose-dived following the banking sector implosion.

"My loans are twice as high as they were," she said, shaking her head in disgust. "The payments keep going higher and higher, so I have to leave, I'm forced to!"

Bjoernsdottir lost her job in real estate at the end of 2008 as the crisis hammered Iceland's economy. Since then she has picked up temporary teaching work, but that position also disappeared last September.

Analysts expect Iceland's beleaguered economy to stabilise in 2010, but gross domestic product shrank 6.5 percent last year.

Other victims of Iceland's financial woes have ended up with one foot in and the other out of the country.

Svanbjoern Einarsson, a 44-year-old father of three, says he is trapped in the country due to an unsellable house that he does not want to abandon.

Instead, the engineer has chosen to work for six-week stretches in Norway's oil capital Stavanger on the western coast, with occasional one- or two-week breaks home with his family.

"It's very difficult. When I work I forget about it, but in the evening it's very tough," he said.

Long-term, however, he acknowledged his future may be in Norway, not Iceland.

Like many of their countrymen forced into exile, both Bjoernsdottir and Einarsson blame Reykjavik for their country's plight.

"I'm so angry about this government," Bjoernsdottir said.

Iceland's first ever left-wing government came to power last year after the previous right-wing administration collapsed following a wave of protests blaming it for the state of the economy.

But the current government is now under fire over a deal to pay out massive compensation to Britain and the Netherlands for costs incurred following the fall of the online bank Icesave in October 2008.

Iceland has agreed to pay out 3.9 billion euros (5.3 billion dollars) to compensate for money the two countries paid out to 340,000 of their citizens hit by the bank's collapse.

"I had great hopes when the left-wing government was elected, that they would do something against corruption and the abusive loans, but all they do is talk about Icesave," Einarsson said.

In a March 6 referendum, more than 93 percent of Icelandic voters rejected a deal to repay Britain and the Netherlands at a high interest rate. Reykjavik has since said it will try to secure a more favourable agreement.

Bjoernsdottir was among those who voted down the deal -- and says the debacle strengthened her determination to leave Iceland.

"I don't want my daughter to have to pay for this," she said. "I just have such a bad feeling about what's happening here."

Last Online
    33 Minutes Ago @ 05:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,362 Posts
    Foreign workers, mainly Poles, who since the beginning of the decade had been drawn to Iceland's financial miracle, were the first to leave.
    It might only be a slight consolation but at least it's something, and if/when the UK economy goes under I'm sure the same will happen here!

Senior Member Linda Trostenhatten's Avatar
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 03:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Independance partie's nextformand pressured to resign

there is a party meeting this saturday morning in about an hour 9:30 where she is expected to at least explain how she sees her next few months.

she has always stressed that her husband's 25 million dollar loan that he is defaulting on and not paying is not hers but his. she also says she lost a lot of money when the bank went down

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 @ 06:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Has Left Skadi
    Politics
    Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Icelanders can move to Australia if they want! They will be very welcome Though we don't have much ice... However, we do have lots of sun, sand, surf and Asians.

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Iceland is being destroyed by the big banks, they do not want a almost all white land, even one with a small population as they have.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 05:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    I hope Icelanders default on the loan and become more a more insular nation, as Globalization posses many threats to Germanics.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts
    Never borrow money. Never.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 @ 06:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Has Left Skadi
    Politics
    Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The jews have figured out how to devastate and claim entire countries.

It's a one-two step process.

Loan 'large' sums of money to idiots, who will, 'as expected' make it all disappear. However, only give out small loans to 'normal' people.

When the idiots default and their huge debts are transferred to the banks, and then they go down, forcing the normal people to lose their houses via unpayable mortages etc. Then the foreign 'initial loaners' now claim everything within the country. Industry, banks, land. Because of the chain of debt, no one escapes. It leaves the whole country available for total subversion and slavery through jew finance and politics.

So what does the jew money agenda require? Endless idiots asking for cash, the bigger amounts the better. Or one supreme sociopath that can administer large sums and steal it away from the populace.

Kinda exactly what was happening in the US too eh? So much debt, so much unrecoverable funds. And who ends up with all the cash anyway? Manipulating jew filth!

Astounding! I think Icelanders should perform an international criminal investigation on why the international banks gave money to unstable, sociopathic, gangsters in the first place. They might find that Iceland was set up to be cheated. Therefore, they shouldn't pay back any of that loan becuase it was destined to be used to destroy their economy and artificailly possess land.

They can also show that the due diligence of the international banks was NOT performed.

Last Online
    Monday, August 26th, 2019 @ 08:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Shadow View Post
    So what does the jew money agenda require? Endless idiots asking for cash, the bigger amounts the better. Or one supreme sociopath that can administer large sums and steal it away from the populace.
    And fractional reserve banking and, preferably, a fiat currency all under their own control. That way you can make it really cheap by creating the money out of thin air.

Last Online
    4 Minutes Ago @ 06:11 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    It was also a political plot. The crash of Lehman Brothers, basically the main reinsurer behind the banks in Iceland, was the spin-off point to have the left-wing government installed.

Sure, LB took down with it a whole lot other countries, Scotland banks were affected, France suffered and a lot in Germany and the Netherlands, big banks who caused the following economic problems. But since Iceland was the only target which would fully collapse, it stands to reason that this was a planned collapse, to get rid of the "evil right-wing" government - the last "right-wing" government in Europe.

During the crumbling of LB vanished mysteriously 500bio Dollars, and that the chairman there earned 50mio Dollars a year also shows that this was just a transit institution to enrich some greedy Jews.

That this doesnt turn out to be a reason to revolt goes with thanks to the Jewish media, which often "forgot" to mention the little side-event in history, that serves the mass-enslaving of mainly European people (LB is an American bank), either through the outright demand of bailouts to the banks, paid via taxes, or the tightened economic pressure on the job market, which will result in another round of downgrading salaries and throw a lot more people into poverty at once than in the ten years before.

Seems it just didnt go fast enough for them...

The bill will come when the massive bailouts cease to have an effect, in hindsight of upcoming elections I guess that it is artificially postponed to 2011, 2012 maybe. The collapse will come though, for all of Europe.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature