View Poll Results: What do you usually/most of the time wear to bed?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

51 33.77%
  • Unisex sleepwear

3 1.99%
  • Footsie jammies

2 1.32%
  • Classic pajamas

11 7.28%
  • Underwear

52 34.44%
  • Traditional nightgown or night dress

10 6.62%
  • Baby dolls or negligees

2 1.32%
  • (Bath) robe

2 1.32%
  • Other

18 11.92%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What You Wear To Bed Is Revealing

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

What You Wear To Bed Is Revealing

I was forwarded today an article which seemed fun and interesting. Analyze your personality according to what you wear to bed.

There you go, the article:

Clothing can express a lot about your sense of self. From the conservative and neat to the funky and flashy, clothing can speak volumes about the way you feel and present yourself to the world on any given day, but when you’re at home and ready to go to bed things become a bit more personal.

Sure, what you wear to bed can vary based on where you are, the weather, whom you’re with and other factors, but most of us have our favorite way to make sleeping the most comfortable. This personal choice in how we like to slumber can reveal a lot about who we are during the waking hours.

So, what do you wear to bed?

For many people to answer to that question is nothing. That’s right, they like to sleep in the buff. After all, if you sleep in your birthday suit you never have to worry about any pesky clothing getting in the way of your slumber. You’re free to toss and turn all night without fear of waking up with a wedgie.

There are downfalls to this freeness however. Just imagine if you were sleeping in the buff and there was a fire or someone broke into your abode. Would you be able to leap out of bed totally nude and feel confident enough to take on these kind of crises? Those types of fears and concerns are enough to keep some people up at night, so they cover up.

The ones who chose to risk it all and sleep in only their blankets tend to be free spirited and not afraid of exposure (meant both literally and metaphorically). They tend to be confident and comfortable in many aspects of their lives that extend beyond being naked in bed.

Many men and women choose unisex sleepwear.

For those of you that like to wear something to bed, there are many different choices. From footsie jammies to silk negligées, men’s and women's sleepwear run the full gamut of personalities.

That’s right, they actually make footsie jammies in adult sizes! For some, they are a practical and warm favorite. Although you may picture a cute toddler running around in this classic bed time ensemble, there are plenty of people who are far removed from childhood sporting them at night.

What does wearing footsie jammies as an adult say about a person? It says that they are a child at heart and that they love to express their inner child without guilt or shame. They like to have fun, play games and are quick to laugh.

Then there are those who are not quite as whimsical. They prefer to sleep in the classic nighttime outfit, pajamas. When you picture sleepwear in your head, you’re likely to envision pajamas. They are usually sold as a two piece set with matching tops and bottoms. Pajamas are typically made of a comfy lightweight fabric and they can be long or short, cotton or flannel and are adaptable for any season.

Those who choose to wear this traditional attire tend to be conservative, conventional and practical. They are considerate of others and like to be appropriate at all times, in their appearance and they way that they lead their lives.

Then there are those who don’t really see the need for sleepwear, but don’t want to go to bed in the buff either. They like to sleep in their underwear. What does sleeping only in drawers say about a person? It can say that they have a tendency to be lazy. They prefer to take the easy way at all times, dislike making decisions and lead their lives in a happy go lucky fashion.

Women have many sleepwear choices.

From the classic pink women's pajamas to sexy lingerie, there is a huge and highly variable market of women’s bedtime clothing choices. Most women have their favorite bedtime staples.

Some women dawn the traditional nightgown or night dress when they retire to bed. Wearing this gramma-esque attire to slumber may indicate that that a person is somewhat plain and tends to choose comfort over beauty. They like to be at home and value safety and security above all else.

Many ladies love to buck the granny jammies and show off their sexy side in the bed. These women tend to wear baby dolls or negligees when they go to have some saucy slumber time.

Baby doll nighties are short slip-like dresses that are usually made of soft and sexy fabric such as silk or satin. Wearers of this attire tend to like to show off. They are confident, but can lean towards being childish and immature at times.

Men’s sleepwear choices tend not be as extravagant as the ladies.

Men's sleepwear is typically designed without much other than comfort in mind. While men can find Satin or silk pajamas to add a bit of flare to their sleepwear, they really don’t have the variety of choices that women do.

Men who choose wear exotic fabrics in the sack over the tradition cotton however, tend to be more in-tune with their sensual side. They are artistic and crave traveling to see the beauty of the world.

Many also consider men's bath robes a crucial part of their nighttime wear. Those who love to accessorize their bedclothes tend to be the protective type. They want to make sure that everyone is warm and happy. They like to love and tell stores and jokes.

While these personality types are not typical of all, looking into what someone wears to bed really can tell you much about them. After all, the choices we make in bed are often more telling than those we make in public.
    Source: http://www.content4reprint.com/women...s-reveling.htm

Choose in the poll what you wear (it's anonymous if you're ashamed ) and we can determine the predominant personality of the Skadi members.

Below are some visual examples, in case you don't know what a term means.

Nothing

Unisex sleepwear

Footsie jammies

Classic pajamas

Underwear

Traditional nightgown or night dress

Baby dolls or negligees

(Bath) robe

Me, I don't wear anything to bed. There are many benefits to sleeping in the buff, starting with better body temperature, better sleep quality and letting your skin breathe. Cooling down tells your body that it's time to sleep, so sleeping naked — and allowing your body temperature to go down — can actually help you fall asleep faster. For males who sleep naked, it helps with fertility allegedly.

Last Online
    Monday, December 26th, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German-Acadian
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    State
    Louisiana Louisiana
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nothing, though that description is completely wrong for me

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 @ 06:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English/(Scots)Irish/German
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I usually wear underwear, and I'd like to think I'm not a complete lazy slacker as described in the article . I've always seen sleepwear as a more female thing for some reason.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    I wear gym shorts in the Spring, Summer and Fall or long underware in the deep winter.

If any of you Skadi men answer " Baby dolls or negligees " you will get negative rep points. (just kidding)
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I just wear me undies.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Underwear.

Mainly because I see the problems with sleeping in the nude, but always saw sleepwear as a girls' thing.

Sometimes if sleeping in a somewhat 'public' area (hostel, room with ppl I don't know well, etc) I will just wear my actual clothes to bed.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    I chose traditional nightgown or night dress and I think the description fits. I wear it because it's comfortable. A baby doll or negligee isn't as comfortable in my view. It's more to look sexy for the partner.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Usually nothing, but sometimes underwear with a t-shirt when it is cold.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    667 Posts

Holy sh*t, Teletubbies

Okay, serious, the answer is "nothing". Never. Not even with -20°. When it gets cold, I have a second blanket. Well, exception is when I sleep elsewhere, then I usually keep on my underpants and a shirt (which mostly vanishes somewhen in the night then nonetheless).

I've honestly never thought about a possible fire or someone breaking into my place. When you have thoughts like this hunting you... well, guess you'll never sleep relaxed then, with or without clothes
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast