View Poll Results: Women, do you shave your body hair?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of it.

34 46.58%
  • Yes, but only part of it. (e.g. just armpit hair or leg hair, but not pubic hair)

23 31.51%
  • No, but I trim it.

1 1.37%
  • No, I stay 100% natural. No shaving or trimming at all.

9 12.33%
  • Other.

6 8.22%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Women, Do You Shave Your Body Hair?

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Yes, all of it.

What to do with body hair is an endlessly debated topic but I don't think there's an universal answer to this question. One can consider health, comfort, tradition, physical appeal, but it really boils down to a matter of personal choice. There is no right and wrong here, there are pros and cons for each choice and ultimately what we do with our body hair is a matter of personal preference just like other aspects of our appearance. So there is no need to make it ideological, e.g. like those feminists running around with uncovered, hairy armpits; that is just exhibitionism.

The human body and our treatment of it has changed overtime and altering it to a certain extent is a matter of adapting to an environment where we no longer need it for either health or evolutionary purposes. Body hair generates heat, excess perspiration and body odor, what is particularly true for armpit hair. Now fresh sweat doesn't smell, however the next sweaty session will create odor and this can cause embarrassing situations. Without the hair the sweat is reduced and bacteria have less of a breeding ground on the skin/shirt. The same is true for pubic hair, it also hosts bacteria and dirt -- this was its initial, evolutionary purpose, when our ancestors ran around naked, as the body needed a "shield" against infections. As we now lead our lives clothed and the area gets relatively little air circulation during the day, the bacteria multiply and combined with poor hygiene can lead to infections. This should not normally come into question, but surprisingly even in the 21st century with unrestricted access to soap and water, quite a few women do have poor hygiene habits; there have been "incognito" studies about public restroom hygiene, and it been found that many people didn't even wash their hands, surprisingly particularly women. Also, removing body hair particularly by shaving helps remove dead skin cells.

It has actually been observed from an evolutionary view that we are far less hairy than our ancestors. Our bodies don't need it as much anymore as we have replaced it with clothes. Also body hair removal is contrary to popular thought, not an exclusively modern or contemporary trend. Sugar waxing was practiced in Ancient Egypt, as well as beeswax, seashells were used to pluck hairs; During the Roman Empire, the absence of body hair was considered a sign of the classes: many women in paintings and statues are depicted hairless. Depilatory creams are as old as the 1800s and women's razor blades as old as the 1900s. They were then advertised as modern. Electric razor ads circulated during the WWII shortage of nylon.

Getting rid of body hair can also have professional benefits, not only for models or bodybuilders out of "aesthetic" reasons, but also for competitive swimmers, it has been proven that shaving body hair can increase a swimmer's distance per stroke by 5%. Due to this fact, most competitive swimmers shave their bodies, including male swimmers, many of who also shave their heads. It has also been also noted that the absence of body hair boosts their confidence. Well it may considered metrosexual for a guy to shave it all off, some body hair can denote masculinity but a masculine body can still look manly without hair, provided one has some muscle tone etc. Some men are naturally less hairy than others, e.g. some have little to no chest hair. So just as men can look like men without a beard, they can also look like men with a smooth chest, etc. Whatever floats their boat, I say.

Well there has been also endless debate about what is the best method to get rid of the unwanted hair. This can vary according to skin type and tolerance. I go with shaving. I don't wish to torture my body with painful methods and I find it too personal of a matter to go to a beauty salon for waxing, etc. Shaving doesn't take a tremendous amount of time, (5-10 extra minutes), it doesn't leave a mess behind and it's pretty painless provided one has the right blade. Some recommend using a man's razor because if it's fit for his face, it's also fit for our legs, etc., well, there's a specific reason we have women's blades. Single blades are prone to cuts and require more strokes. I found the best razors to be the multiple-bladed kind, with built-in moisturizers for sensitive care and no-slip handles. Wilkinson Sword's or Schick Intuition are my current favorites.

Well, many of the articles debating the eternal shaving issue express frustrations about it being a waste of time, required and imposed by men. e.g. "I had to shave my legs and now my date was canceled, why did I waste all this time". This approach is very superficial, one should make decisions about the body (and generally) because they're comfortable with their choice and not out of peer pressure, stereotypes and assumptions. We live in times where most emphasis is put on the body and judgment is made according to appearance. And this can be quite deceitful.

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Aus Süddeutschland und Österreich
    Subrace
    Nordoalpine
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Politics
    Patriotisch; Anti-Islam
    Religion
    Heidentum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Uhm, I shave my legs and armpits every third day and just trim the more private parts every 4 weeks to about 0,5 cm. That's the end of the story. Light hairs aren't that visibile anyway.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 16th, 2017 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Environmentalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I usually remove at the very least armpit hair and leg hair. To show up with hairy armpits and legs in summer would quickly get you classified as a cavewoman in the times we live. I don't think it matters much to the public unless you are typically hairy and going to the beach or swimming pool. It's not a pretty sight, so for the sake of others sharing the beach and water at least some trimming should be in order.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 06:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The problem run in two way. One of them the fashion what dictates the hairless female, moreover nowadays male body. The second way is the health of the body.

The hair is a protein, especially ceratin. It has very good features as it can breathe very well and it can dry the water and any other liquid from a surface, f.e. the skin, moreover it has a third feature as some material is anti-bacterial like as the silver... and the ceratin, the hair. The bodyhair simply cannot cause smell. The cause of the bodysmell is the injury of the skin flora what is a layer on the natural skin from special bacteriums. Where the skin flora is injured there these bacteriums are disappeared, hence there develope foreign bacteriums what start eat the sweat, this causes the bad smell in sommer. In my experiences the men without armpithair use to be more stinky as the deo disappear from the armpit by newer and newer wave of sweat, the skin flora injure what is caused by the shaving that start to smelling.

All these are true of the genital areas of the males, females. Furthermore by the females the bodyhair is a first "gate" against foreign bacterial infenction, moreover vaginal yeast infection. I remember that ten years ago the television was not full with commercial of medicine for vaginal yeast infenction, just in the last five years this kind of commercials have spread, because more and more female want to be "fashionable" and more and more female get vaginal yeast infection.

Some years ago I have red that the German BASF research for a skin-cream with skinbacteriums what can restore the natural bacterial frontline of the skin, however I do not know that it is into circulation in the drogeries.

The textil industry is get the optimal qualities of the ceratin, the wool as in the last decade will be very fashionable among the hikers and mountaineers the wool baselayer as the wool dryes the skin and evaporates into the air, hence a hiker cannot get cold under the way. The other good thing is that as I have written above the ceratin, the wool is antibacterial, hence the man will be not stinky after half day walking like as with the synthetic baselayer. I use to wear merino wool to the forest, far more better than those synthetic craps.

Ceterum censeo the hair removing of the more of the body is not necessary unhealthy, it is just a fashion, but that is not accidental that in the genital area and the armpit grow a little bit more ceratin than other place and remove it is equal to give the chance to the bacterial and other infections.

Side by side we have hair to heat and in sommer to cold our brain.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 02:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I wax most of my body hair since I'm a swimmer. Can't really go into the poll with hairy underarms or a hairy bikini line. But of course it's up to each woman to do what she prefers. It depends on lifestyle, profession, also on the color and coarseness of the hair. Blond hairs are less of a problem than Mediterranean type of skin.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    Ceterum censeo the hair removing of the more of the body is not necessary unhealthy, it is just a fashion, but that is not accidental that in the genital area and the armpit grow a little bit more ceratin than other place and remove it is equal to give the chance to the bacterial and other infections.

Dude, I've shaven my body hair all my life and ain't got even one infection.

Infections happen to folks who don't wash/shower often and wear the same filthy clothes for days. Take at least 1 shower/day, change your underwear and wash your areas where the sun don't shine and it shouldn't happen. Simple as that.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I can´t believe that this thread is still an active topic....*g* My old replies and used arguments are still right, anyway, why should I do anything when I don´t see much people at all and live in a village in the forests? Trends come and go. You can see it with the eyebrows-hype: In the 90´s shaved fake eyebrows or very thinly-shaved eyebrows were THE trend, and today bushy airbrows are a trend, just think of Cara Devlegine and other "trendsetters".

Yesterday this, today that, tomorrow the next thing. And I? I just don´t care at all.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 06:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    I can´t believe that this thread is still an active topic....*g* My old replies and used arguments are still right, anyway, why should I do anything when I don´t see much people at all and live in a village in the forests? Trends come and go. You can see it with the eyebrows-hype: In the 90´s shaved fake eyebrows or very thinly-shaved eyebrows were THE trend, and today bushy airbrows are a trend, just think of Cara Devlegine and other "trendsetters".

Yesterday this, today that, tomorrow the next thing. And I? I just don´t care at all.
    You know you want to get electrolysis for your eyebrows and then tattoo them on instead. LOL

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    It's not about whether other people see you or you see much people, it's about how you feel in your own skin. If hair is what you like, then keep it. To me, hair is disgusting, especially at the underarms. If I don't shave it off and I sweat it stinks, and the hair keeps the sweat and bacteria in, while clean shaven dries quicker. Also, body lotions and creams are better on smooth skin. So to me it's a question of personal hygiene. My body hair is blonde anyway, so it's not visible to strangers. I don't do it for strangers, or even for my husband, but for myself.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:03 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    It's not about whether other people see you or you see much people, it's about how you feel in your own skin.
    That's probably what should have been the bottom line in this and another thread for pages and ages. It does boil down to personal well-being and well-feeling.

Perhaps if we'd all been more careful to not run around calling everyone who shaves a Muslim-fetishist and everyone who doesn't shave a hippie, these types of discussions would have all happened much more amicably.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast