Brexit & Trump
    Religion
    Christo-Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Re: Brunn vs Keltic Irish

Well, what would be the case if my forefathers were wealthy landowners from southwestern Uppland(east of modern day Västeras) during the time Gamla Uppsala was a pagan cult centre, then moved to East Yorkshire and resettled in 867? I have the surname, so albeit rare, they did rename the village after their home. There are suggestive elements in the Heimskringla, the Ynglinga Saga where the King Braut-Oenundr(at Anundshoeg) settled the land near his death and burial spot. At that time, kings did not cater to others than their own families, so external political supporters wouldn't be relevant. I believe I derive from his blood. Later on, after a civil war that devastated the countryside during the beginning of the viking age, I postulate that my forefathers rode the surf to Jorvik with Halfdan, Ivar and Ubbe(Ragnar Lodbrok's sons) as a royal envoy.

They certainly were lords of their manor until the Anglican Reformation, when things began to crumble and some of the family split off to look for wealth in America and embraced less conservative/more Protestant religious views. Their social status had diminished greatly since the fall of York to William the Conqueror. What do you think my phenotype to be? My father looks like Suomut. My preference for women is redhead and blue eyes and do not find much beauty in thin or small frames either, which to me appear underdeveloped or weak. My wife is redhead/blue with freckles and pale white skin(a larger framed Angie Everhart, some days). Her father descends from Vestfold, Norway through a settlement in the Grampian mountains by Balmoral Castle in Pictland. Our daughter has a combo of our features. She is also big for her age, supposedly, reminding everybody of me. Keep in mind that my grandfather has his blood from Yorkshire where the paternal line has been since at least 866, and before that, Uppland.

All of the people I closely know have a soft spot for the Irish. My cousin looks like a tall Colm Meaney. My sister's boyfriend has his blood from Scotland, at least, and he is golden/red haired, fair, blue eyes and burly like me also. Ironically, I am also the academic type, and you could say I have influences from the Venerable Bede. Please refer back to here for what I am going on here with thoughts of myself, my paternity also, just skim to my posts. Keep in mind that I wrote the two Wikipedia articles I reference to, when you put in the subject on Wiki:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=12561

Thank you very much, Volksdeutscher! I value your knowledge quite a lot! I am so happy to have an outside interpretation on this! Good work!
    Last edited by Rodskarl Dubhgall; Friday, June 11th, 2004 at 02:09 AM.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: Brunn vs Keltic Irish

Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall
    Then I guess the Paddy/Brunn side is from the Fomorians?
    Brünn was named after a city in Czech:

See the spot on the right, in the province of "Mähren".

"Etymology:
    Brünn, or Brno, is a Czech city and archaeological site where Upper Palaeolithic skeletal remains were discovered, certain skull types among which were named after the site."

It says less about the modern distribution however. Btw. the highlighted domains show the former 'Sudetendeutsch' population and have nothing to do with this circumstance.

Senior Member Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 04:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver
    Politics
    Brexit & Trump
    Religion
    Christo-Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Hmm...Then classifying people is extremely difficult!
    https://forums.skadi.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45371&datel  ine=1528686751

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm...Then classifying people is extremely difficult!
    Yes, various tribes, Celtic, Germanic, Slavic, Asian... moved through the area.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver
    Politics
    Brexit & Trump
    Religion
    Christo-Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Why would that make Brno the central spot for this type?
    https://forums.skadi.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45371&datel  ine=1528686751

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post AW: Re: Brunn vs Keltic Irish

Due to the finds at Brno-Predmosti:
    http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthre...7&page=3&pp=20
    "slavic" languages are absolutely arteficial (Read "slawenlegende"). The "glagolica", invented by a bunch of monks, is nothing but an ancient esperanto, creating new words, definitions and alphabet out of regional slangs.

The craddle of European Civilization comes from the North. All blond people originate from the north. So if you see a blond-blue eyed Slovene, Russian, Czech, Polak ect., you can be 100% sure that his ancient ancestors originated from "Germanics" (Germanic = Nordic).
    "slovenja" was the settelment of the Langobards = Germanics/Teutons. "Poland" of the Goths and East-Vandals ect. ect. What do "slavs" tell us about their origin?
    Some silly story that they originate from some swamps in the east and popped out of no where into history.

So you see my dear "Gorostan" [=Triglav], you are in reality a "Germanic" indoctrinated with panslav propaganda and historic fantasy stories. ~Dr. Brandt, former TNP and Skadi member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, once they were there. It seems like an evidence for a Central European homeland/station of their development, before taking Irland or Scandinavia. Would be a good reason for the similarities between them and other continental UP-labeled types (e.g. Anglo Saxon/Frisian or Borreby).

I'm not really into the further ideas though.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 8th, 2018 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    So, the Keltic side brought their culture and everything, through the invasions, correct? Fir Bolgs, Milesians, Danaan, Partholonians, Nemedians etc.? Then I guess the Paddy/Brunn side is from the Fomorians? On the SNPA map, there also seems to be that Keltics invaded from Britain. Why are those "Keltics" called Celtic when it is clear that the Atlantid(Q Celtic?) areas are traditionally the ones with the Celtic culture? I see the Welsh and Basques sharing their own Paleo-Atlantid(P Celtic?) form too.

This makes little sense.
    No. The Bruenn phenotype is the "oldest" phenotype of the British Islands, most likely came from Scandinavia or neighboring parts of Northern and Central Europe to the Isles. Today it is a rare type in its pure form, usually found mixed with other phenotypes which are common the Irish and British populations. The type is most common in western Ireland, but is found also in a much lower frequency in Britain. The Palaeo-Atlantid is the second oldest type of the British Isles and western Norway, is a tall, rugged, dark type. The North-Atlantid came as a result of blending between the Atlantid type of Western Europe with the Nordid ( Keltic) type of Central Europe brought by Indo-European speakers who conquered who conquered a considerable parts of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    So, the Keltic side brought their culture and everything, through the invasions, correct? Fir Bolgs, Milesians, Danaan, Partholonians, Nemedians etc.? Then I guess the Paddy/Brunn side is from the Fomorians? On the SNPA map, there also seems to be that Keltics invaded from Britain. Why are those "Keltics" called Celtic when it is clear that the Atlantid(Q Celtic?) areas are traditionally the ones with the Celtic culture? I see the Welsh and Basques sharing their own Paleo-Atlantid(P Celtic?) form too.

This makes little sense.
    Paleo-Atlantid is not Celtic!
    Nordid ( Keltic) = Celtic ( P and Q-Celtic)
    The Nordid ( Keltic) is the most common phenotype in the British Isles and mainland North-West Europe.
    Ireland = 30%
    Scotland = 30%
    Wales = 30%
    England = 30%
    Belgium = 60%
    The Netherlands = 50%
    Last edited by Juthunge; Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Please avoid posting a reply to your own post. Use the edit function instead.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver
    Politics
    Brexit & Trump
    Religion
    Christo-Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Smile

Volksdeutscher wrote a real gem right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet View Post
    Uppsala is an academic town with some true upper class Swedes of splendid Nordid phenotype. I would say that they are closest to Trönder. Northern Uppland is said to have minor East Baltid too. There are also many who are of Västmanland type.

Uppland is probably mostly Västmanland, with some Trönder, with a few individuals who show East Baltid physical characteristics.

In the summer of 1943 anthropological investigations were made in Tiundaland, central Uppland. I have a resumé of the material. The stature for men was 171.7 +- 0.26, for women 160.6 +-0.24. The heads were quite broad, men's 157.2 +- 0.25 and women's 151.25 +- 0.23, men's head index 79.8 +- 0.16 and women's 80.5 +- 0.15. The older generation were shorter headed. There was a social difference so those are not fully represenative. Fürst and Retzius got for the whole landscape, an average of 78.88. The result for 1897 became different than 1898 because Uppland's regiment (about in central Uppland) were not investigated in 1898. They got for 1897 79.16 +- 0.10, 1898 78.50 +- 0.13. Naturally 1897 alone is representative for the landscape. Lundborg gave the number 78.10 +- 0.07 (and for Uppsala county 78.18 +- 0.10) which is much lower, but he counted of principle everyone born in the county, why some descendants that moved in later times affected the average. The dispersion coefficient for Uppland is considerably higher than the national average. In the Alunda part a head index of even over 90 was found.

The bizygomatic breadth is significant, 144.1 +- 0.27 for men, 136 +- 0.25 in women, and in the older men 147.4. Also the length of the face is great. For the older alges it is partially because of the well-to-do populations better dental care. This also hold true for facial index, which is albeit, in average, as low as 88.8 +- 0.24 for men, and 85.4 +- 0.24 for women. The nasal form is more often concave than many other parts of the country. However, not more often than other regions with blond meso-brachycephalic; Mora- and Finnmark groups and among SW Finns. The eye colour is consistently light and then often dark blue. On the scale of Saller nr S3 is very common, M17 and M21 are rarer than in the average of Dalarna and somewhat more than Västmanland. The percentage of brown eyed individuals is as low as 1.5 +- 0.45. Nevertheless, the hair colur is medium dark for the standards of Svealand ("uppsvensk") standpoint. Like the other parts of eastern and Northeastern Sweden red hair is very unusual. According to B Lundman (Uppsala, 1945) the East Baltid is in Uppland not insignificant. It was by him compared with Western Estonia. The lower stature of western and central Uppland is more Västmanland type and in east to a large extent Trönder.

I do not have academic knowledge regarding Yorkshire, except that I know Lundman claimed that North Eastern England is inhabited by Göta type people. It would in that case be closer to Västragötaland and Southeastern Norway. The few Yorkshire men that I have seen are more Nordid than anything else.
    Well, I have to correct myself and too often, it's a case of "close, but no cigar". Beyond Yorkshire, my ancestry is from Tiundaland in between Gamla Uppsala and Osthammar, not Västmanland; 11th century with Knut and not 9th century with Ragnar's sons--my paternal lineage was only in the Danelaw for 35-50 years at most before the Norman Conquest. Furthermore, I have kin in SW Finland, so everything Volksdeutscher wrote really answered my questions very well! I have not read this thread in over a decade, but came to the conclusion on my own that I am Aistin Trönder (from the SNPA example) or Fenno-Nordid and East Baltid (chiefly Savolaxid). Most of the Trönder examples look like my children, myself, my father, my father's sister's son, my grandfather, etc, although generally with fuller features that aren't so angular.

I know I have to be quite a bit UP, because I have heavy bones with a weight around 245 lbs. @ 6', but my waistline is only 35". Jaedertypen and Hordaland examples, the Norwegian Borreby, also seem to have very much resemblance to myself and our children. I wonder why it is that mostly Norwegian phenotypes predominate in the family, whether Trönder or Jaedertypen, etc., but I know that Erik of Lade was made by Knut Jarl of Northumbria to represent the Northmen there, whereas Thorkell the Tall from Sweden was made Jarl of East Anglia. I think it means there have been more Norwegian genetics in the North per capita, Swedish genes likewise in the East (which I have less of), Danes evenly spread out between them. My wife's Bruenn features come from her Gaelic Irish paternal grandmother, whose lineage goes back to Dublin and Leinster, whilst her Scottish lineage is from that woman's own mother, going back to Brechin in Angus, of an old Northumbrian clan. The rest of her 6/8 are Anglo-Saxon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baorn View Post
    Well, what would be the case if my forefathers were wealthy landowners from southwestern Uppland(east of modern day Västeras) during the time Gamla Uppsala was a pagan cult centre, then moved to East Yorkshire and resettled in 867? I have the surname, so albeit rare, they did rename the village after their home. There are suggestive elements in the Heimskringla, the Ynglinga Saga where the King Braut-Oenundr(at Anundshoeg) settled the land near his death and burial spot. At that time, kings did not cater to others than their own families, so external political supporters wouldn't be relevant. I believe I derive from his blood. Later on, after a civil war that devastated the countryside during the beginning of the viking age, I postulate that my forefathers rode the surf to Jorvik with Halfdan, Ivar and Ubbe(Ragnar Lodbrok's sons) as a royal envoy.

They certainly were lords of their manor until the Anglican Reformation, when things began to crumble and some of the family split off to look for wealth in America and embraced less conservative/more Protestant religious views. Their social status had diminished greatly since the fall of York to William the Conqueror. What do you think my phenotype to be? My father looks like Suomut. My preference for women is redhead and blue eyes and do not find much beauty in thin or small frames either, which to me appear underdeveloped or weak. My wife is redhead/blue with freckles and pale white skin(a larger framed Angie Everhart, some days). Her father descends from Vestfold, Norway through a settlement in the Grampian mountains by Balmoral Castle in Pictland. Our daughter has a combo of our features. She is also big for her age, supposedly, reminding everybody of me. Keep in mind that my grandfather has his blood from Yorkshire where the paternal line has been since at least 866, and before that, Uppland.

All of the people I closely know have a soft spot for the Irish. My cousin looks like a tall Colm Meaney. My sister's boyfriend has his blood from Scotland, at least, and he is golden/red haired, fair, blue eyes and burly like me also. Ironically, I am also the academic type, and you could say I have influences from the Venerable Bede. Please refer back to here for what I am going on here with thoughts of myself, my paternity also, just skim to my posts. Keep in mind that I wrote the two Wikipedia articles I reference to, when you put in the subject on Wiki:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=12561

Thank you very much, Volksdeutscher! I value your knowledge quite a lot! I am so happy to have an outside interpretation on this! Good work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J2cwZmt.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	113276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	savolaxid-lappid-east-nordid-faces-of-finland-scando-lappid-uralid-fenno-nordid-3356716.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	113277  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12