Thread: Ron Paul: Why Didnt the North Just Buy the Souths Slaves & Free Them That Way?

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ron Paul: Why Didnt the North Just Buy the Souths Slaves & Free Them That Way?

RightWingNews.com

Q: Getting down to the last two questions here.... Most people consider Abe Lincoln to be one of our greatest presidents, if not the greatest president we've ever had. Would you agree with that sentiment and why or why not?

A: No, I don't think he was one of our greatest presidents. I mean, he was determined to fight a bloody civil war, which many have argued could have been avoided. For 1/100 the cost of the war, plus 600 thousand lives, enough money would have been available to buy up all the slaves and free them. So, I don't see that is a good part of our history. Besides, the Civil War was to prove that we had a very, very strong centralized federal government and that's what it did. It rejected the notion that states were a sovereign nation.

The people who disagree want to turn around and say, "Oh, yes, those guys just wanted to protect slavery." But that's just a cop-out if you look at this whole idea of what happened in our country because Lincoln really believed in the centralized state. He was a Hamiltonian type and objected to everything Jefferson wanted.
    Click here to read the full interview

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I've hold the belief that Lincoln wanted to get rid of all the slaves, by exporting them back to Africa. But the White southerners were greedy and wanted to use the cheapest way of manual labor back then to exceed in sating their greedy lust. Lincoln got shot and so his plans never fell through. The American Civil War though, as Ron Paul pointed out, had to be one of the most devastating wars in our people's history.

Funding Member
    Friend of Germanics
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Here is the reason I think "Honest Abe" did not just buy the slaves from the south.I think his actions were influenced by money.Remember the old saying
    "Money Talks And Bullsh!t Walks".Here is an interview with German Chancellor
    Bismarck in the late 1800's.I think he pretty much spills the beans on why
    the Civil War happened in the first place.

German Chancellor Otto Von Bismarck explains Banklord's Ruse! Cherep-Spiridovitch cites an interview with the German chancellor Otto von Bismarck in 1876, upon President Abraham Lincoln's assassination:

"I fear that foreign bankers with their craftiness tortuous tricks will entirely control the exuberant riches of America and use it systematically to corrupt modern civilization. They will not hesitate to plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos in order that the earth should become their inheritance."

"The division of the United States into federations of equal force was decided long before the Civil War by the high financial powers of Europe. These Bankers were afraid that the US, if they remained as one block, and as one nation, would attain economic and financial independence, which would upset their financial domination over the world." -- Otto von Bismark chancellor of Germany late 1800s.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokies Domain View Post
    German Chancellor Otto Von Bismarck explains Banklord's Ruse! Cherep-Spiridovitch cites an interview with the German chancellor Otto von Bismarck in 1876, upon President Abraham Lincoln's assassination:

"I fear that foreign bankers with their craftiness tortuous tricks will entirely control the exuberant riches of America and use it systematically to corrupt modern civilization. They will not hesitate to plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos in order that the earth should become their inheritance."

"The division of the United States into federations of equal force was decided long before the Civil War by the high financial powers of Europe. These Bankers were afraid that the US, if they remained as one block, and as one nation, would attain economic and financial independence, which would upset their financial domination over the world." -- Otto von Bismark chancellor of Germany late 1800s.
    God, I love Bismarck If there isn't a holiday in his honor, I say we make one!