Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: St. Patrick's Day: Last Allowable White Holiday?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Posts
    2,989
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

    St. Patrick's Day: Last Allowable White Holiday?

    Interesting article. Video links are at the link to the original article

    http://www.westernyouth.org/articles...patrick-s-day/


    By William L. Houston

    The world is decked out in green as people of Irish ancestry scattered around the globe (and those who want to join the fun) celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The annual parades are taking place in New York, Savannah, and Dublin. In Boston, Irish pubs began opening as early as 6 AM in preparation for the consumption of large quantities of Guinness and other Irish beers.

    Sadly, St. Patrick's Day is one of the few public occasions left for people of European ancestry to embrace and celebrate the rich heritage of the West. It is a shame that we don't have more of these holidays. They are sorely needed to counterbalance the cultural decadence that otherwise pervades our rotten society.

    My own theory is that St. Patrick's Day fits into the multiculturalist paradigm because Ireland has a reputation as an oppressed nation. Leftists identify with the Irish for the same reasons they like the Palestinians and American Indians. Having Irish ancestry gets you instant "street cred" in the cult of victimization that includes blacks, homosexuals, women, unionized workers, and illegal aliens.

    A Leftist can sing along and enjoy Irish fight songs like The Rising of the Moon.

    They can also identify with Union Army's "Irish Brigade," the heroic Fighting 69th, which suffered enormous casualities at Antietam and Fredericksburg during the Civil War. The "Irish Brigade" is always featured in the annual parade in New York City. Below is a moving scene from Gods and Generals where Irish Confederates from Georgia are forced to shoot down Irish Union soldiers from New York.

    My grandparents hail from Dublin, GA. There is a large Irish community in Dublin and Savannah that dates back to the nineteenth century. I also have distant Irish cousins in New York and Vermont. So naturally this resonates with me. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a left-wing individualist disconnected from one's heritage and traditions.

    I'm sure everyone back home will be enjoying today's festivities. Later, I plan to throw on a green t-shirt and partake in the fun myself. There are a few Irish pubs in the area I have been wanting to check out.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Last edited by SwordOfTheVistula; Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Link Fixed
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

  2. #2
    Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Æmeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Age
    59
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Posts
    6,350
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    It is allowed because it has become a primarily an Irish(-Catholic) nationalist holiday. White ethnics are still allowed to display a certain amount of ethnic pride & solidarity, a curtesy that is not allowed to Old Stock Americans.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Posts
    2,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    I have a difficult time accepting St. Patrick as worthy of celebration.

    The following is from a previous thread I posted some time ago.

    This story I have borrowed from an acquaintance of mine who wishes to remain unknown:

    What can we say about "Saint" Patrick, the Irish national saint.
    Bringer of christianity.
    He banished snakes from Ireland. Except for the two-legged ones.
    He led a sit in at Tara Hill, an ancient Celtic site, in an attempt to break the power of the old gods.

    “Saint” Patrick it has been said, was the son of Calpurnius, An Italian / Roman war official.
    His mother is said to be Scottish.
    He was named Maewyn Succat, but called himself Patricius which in Latin means "Well born".

    He was kidnapped as a child, sold as a slave and raised in Ireland.
    He later escaped and went back to Britain and then to France
    joined a monastery and studied under St. Germain, the bishop of Auxerre.
    When he became a Bishop himself, he had dreams that Ireland was calling him to teach them about God.

    The church decided to use Patrick to play a religious/political game.
    Patrick was sent back to Ireland to convert the people to the christian faith.
    He forced the natives to either abandon their thousands of years old earth religions...or be put to death.

    Patrick used the shamrock, which resembles a three-leafed clover, as a metaphor to explain the concept of the Trinity (father, son, holy spirit).
    To this day the shamrock remains the national emblem of Ireland and is worn proudly by Irish people the world over on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17).
    Legend has it that Saint Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland.
    They all went into the sea and drowned.
    Poor snakes.
    Actually, there were no snakes in Ireland.
    That is an allegory for the Pagan people.

    Let me just add that the "Pagan people" were the Celts and the Scandinavians.
    They gave Ireland it’s original name, "Irlanda".
    They worshipped the Goddess and Her personification, which was the form of the Ourobouras, the snake biting it’s tail.
    Representing life and eternity.

    Drink a drink to our lost heritage.
    A heritage that was destroyed by an idea taken from a well written book.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Angelcynn Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Last Online
    Sunday, June 20th, 2021 @ 09:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Politics
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    I have a difficult time accepting St. Patrick as worthy of celebration.

    The following is from a previous thread I posted some time ago.

    [/I]
    So Patrick single handedly executed every pagan in Ireland who didn't convert to Christianity?

    Rubbish is the politest answer i can think of to that.

    The whole post smells of something dreamt up by someone with an axe to grind against Christianity and not much in the way of historical knowledge. Scandinavians in Ireland? Irlanda? Ourobourus?

    Patrick died hundreds of years before the Vikings ever raided Ireland. Irlanda has nothing to do with the original name of Ireland. Ireland was still predominantly pagan after Patrick died. And Snakes were not used as a allegory for pagans...

    Either you or your friend needs to take the time to differentiate between daydreams and historical facts.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Posts
    2,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    So Patrick single handedly executed every pagan in Ireland who didn't convert to Christianity?
    He started the trend. Genocide can sometimes take centuries, but the church has always been very patient.

    The whole post smells of something dreamt up by someone with an axe to grind against Christianity and not much in the way of historical knowledge.
    Do you deny the destructive influence that Patrick and his ilk had in Ireland? Anywhere you find that chistianity has thrived you will find a supressed history of mass murder and utter destruction of the old ways. I have about as much of an axe to grind with how christianity despoiled Ireland as you must with the way multi-culturalism has overrun your own country.

    Irlanda has nothing to do with the original name of Ireland.
    I should have deleted that part, since it has been called quite a few things thoughout the centuries. Scotia, Hibernia, Eirinn, Lerna, Ogygia, Eire, etc.

    The point of my post was to explain that St. Patrick, or any "missionary" for that matter, is not worth celebrating.
    He was no "saint".

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Angelcynn Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Last Online
    Sunday, June 20th, 2021 @ 09:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Politics
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    He started the trend. Genocide can sometimes take centuries, but the church has always been very patient.
    Patrick started the trend for genocide? Who exactly did Patrick commit genocide against? Specifically, name names.

    Like i said, nonsense is the kindest word for this sort of...

    Do you deny the destructive influence that Patrick and his ilk had in Ireland?
    Do you deny your post was full of made up crap? Seriously. If you want to continue claiming it was anything other than an anti-Christian lie from start to finish i can happily tear it to shreds in detail.

    The point of my post was to explain that St. Patrick, or any "missionary" for that matter, is not worth celebrating.
    He was no "saint".
    Your post was malicious lie. I'm not Irish, and i don't celebrate St Patricks, so i have no attachment to the man at all. But pretty much everything you wrote couldn't have been more made up if a 4 year old wrote it.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Posts
    2,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    Who exactly did Patrick commit genocide against?
    By praising St. Patrick, the Irish unknowingly celebrate the destruction of their ancestors and the old ways by which they lived. Patrick went to Ireland to destroy the established ways, converting the people to his own superstitions. The church was expanding its territory in name of greed, which they always cloak with the false facade of spreading jesu's "good will".
    This is true everywhere that christianity is found. Can you prove me wrong?

    Any Pagan in their right mind should be offended by this celebration.

    "This is the myth of the "conversion of Europe" - probably the most tame term used for the most horrible crime. Pagans were slaughtered in droves, their sacred places destroyed or polluted or replaced by Christian holy places. It was genocide, pure and simple. And most Irish unknowingly celebrate it."

    Seriously. If you want to continue claiming it was anything other than an anti-Christian lie from start to finish i can happily tear it to shreds in detail.
    I have never denied my true feelings toward christianity on this forum. Go ahead, tear away.
    How is it a lie? Are you suggesting that something other than the church destroyed the old way of life in Ireland?
    When you destroy a people and their traditions it must be done as brutally as possible.
    Anywhere your religion got its claws into, the people who resisted were murdered, and their history rewritten to favor the murderers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Dropkick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Waterford
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Posts
    402
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post
    Interesting article. Video links are at the link to the original article

    http://www.westernyouth.org/articles...patrick-s-day/


    By William L. Houston

    The world is decked out in green as people of Irish ancestry scattered around the globe (and those who want to join the fun) celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The annual parades are taking place in New York, Savannah, and Dublin. In Boston, Irish pubs began opening as early as 6 AM in preparation for the consumption of large quantities of Guinness and other Irish beers.

    Sadly, St. Patrick's Day is one of the few public occasions left for people of European ancestry to embrace and celebrate the rich heritage of the West. It is a shame that we don't have more of these holidays. They are sorely needed to counterbalance the cultural decadence that otherwise pervades our rotten society.

    My own theory is that St. Patrick's Day fits into the multiculturalist paradigm because Ireland has a reputation as an oppressed nation. Leftists identify with the Irish for the same reasons they like the Palestinians and American Indians. Having Irish ancestry gets you instant "street cred" in the cult of victimization that includes blacks, homosexuals, women, unionized workers, and illegal aliens.

    A Leftist can sing along and enjoy Irish fight songs like The Rising of the Moon.

    They can also identify with Union Army's "Irish Brigade," the heroic Fighting 69th, which suffered enormous casualities at Antietam and Fredericksburg during the Civil War. The "Irish Brigade" is always featured in the annual parade in New York City. Below is a moving scene from Gods and Generals where Irish Confederates from Georgia are forced to shoot down Irish Union soldiers from New York.

    My grandparents hail from Dublin, GA. There is a large Irish community in Dublin and Savannah that dates back to the nineteenth century. I also have distant Irish cousins in New York and Vermont. So naturally this resonates with me. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a left-wing individualist disconnected from one's heritage and traditions.

    I'm sure everyone back home will be enjoying today's festivities. Later, I plan to throw on a green t-shirt and partake in the fun myself. There are a few Irish pubs in the area I have been wanting to check out.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Thats a good article. I agree and also think St Patricks day is allowed because it goes a long way back and generated some momentum before it could be stopped by the leftists. What I mean is it was a major festival in the USA before people were brainwashed into thinking White is bad.


    Having said that the leftists are starting to turn it into a multicultural day.

Similar Threads

  1. St. Patrick's Day In The United States
    By Caledonian in forum The United States
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sunday, April 11th, 2021, 06:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •