Thread: Children's US History Textbooks Put Political Correctness Above Accuracy, Say Most Parents

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts

Children's US History Textbooks Put Political Correctness Above Accuracy, Say Most Parents

Rasmussen Reports

Sixty percent of Americans with children in elementary or secondary school say most school textbooks are more concerned with presenting information in a politically correct manner than in accuracy. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 28 percent of adults with children in the schools disagree and think most textbooks are more concerned with accurately providing information ... Those with children currently in elementary or secondary school are even more skeptical. Just 28 percent think most school textbooks portray U.S. history accurately, while nearly half say they do not.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...above_accuracy

Last Online
    Saturday, September 21st, 2019 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Ancestry
    3/4 German & Colonial American
    Subrace
    Nordid/Alpinid
    mtDNA
    H1
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupied
    Politics
    Pro-White
    Religion
    Basically Kinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Accurate history is newspeak for white bashing and presenting feel-good therapeutic narratives of non-whites. Perfect examples of this are how Native American slave trading has been whitewashed so thoroughly that very few people even know that these benevolent indigenous creatures in tune with nature actually went about trading in human beings, even in children.

Museum exhibits are a perfect example. Today I went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see Bodyworlds, and in critically observing the regular museum exhibits I observed a decades-long pattern in exhibit making that this museum practices. First of all, white history never has a place there. I remember this constant from my first visits as a small child. There is a small space exploration area but the racial element has been stripped from it and its presented as generic American technology. There is a small Botswana area with little weaved baskets and pictograms of giraffes; nearby there is a Native American section with all kinds of trinkets, adobe huts, and costumes. The African section left out embarrassing things about traditional African socieities like penis sheaths, massacres, and cannibalism. Anyone ever seen a penis sheath in a museum? I doubt it.

The Native American section left out the atrocities, the slavery, and the like. If we were to blindly believe these exhibits, we would think that Africans and Indians were benign, kindly people living goody two-shoes lives in harmony with each other and the environment.

The displays of animals in native habitats are always missing people or signs of human civilization, as if the animals live undisturbed on their range and humans didn't exist.

And oh yeah, on the way out, I did see two black and white poster-sized photos in a display. It was the only imagery of white people I saw: some white men with rifles gathered around dead moose with some caption about how settlers nearly hunted them into extinction. Isn't it cute how only white men hunt cute fuzzy animals into extinction??!

The largest museum in the Rocky Mountain West never has displays about frontier life in the old west, about the gold and silver rushes, about the explorers. Only the Littleton Museum, a small museum in the Denver suburb of Littleton has frontier history and exhibits in it. It even has an operating blacksmith shop and barns and livestock and houses like something out of Little House on the Prairie.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yes I have realized this and I am seriously contemplating Homeschooling my children.Parents if you can not Homeschool your children,please help you kids distinguish between the real and the phony B.S. our so called 'Government"
    teaches our children.It is so important that they know the truth.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts
    Most school books even as far back as when I went focused more on the Declaration of Independence than the US Constitution.

Also some even state the war between the states was about freeing the slaves and not about state's rights.

I Agree with Lokies Domain home schooling or private schools are the best options. Also the fact that he states parents should be involved in their children's education.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.