Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Thor, you know I like you but are you getting demented or something?
    I was born this way.

The Scots might be a debatable case since "only" Lowlands Scots are primarily or at least to a large degree, Germanic in ancestry and culture. Highlanders are a different story. But there are actually very few people living in the Highlands and even less people of majorly recent Celtic descent, who were mostly displaced to the various colonies during the Highland clearances and directly after.

But to compare an area were a few Vikings once defiled the daughters of French peasants, to a country, where there was a massive wave of Anglo-Saxon immigration and nothing but Germanic culture is attested for more than a thousand years, is just absurd.
    I meant Germanic in a purely ancestral sense. England is said to reach around 50% Germanic ancestry in some regions. Far less in others.

The Vikings invaded and took control over Normandie. Why would that be much different than what the Anglo-Saxons did to England? Just because the Vikings adopted the native language? Then there's also the Frankisk and Visigothic presence in France prior to that. Constituting a class of nobles for hundreds of years. I doubt their genetics didn't seep into the general population and left a lasting mark.

I don't know for how often I have to explain that those "French" that are in any noticeable way Germanic in ancestry (and used to be in culture) are those bordering current Germanic nations.
    Every day, Juth. And I still can't guarantee you'll convince me.

This is what genetic testing(formal tests, not a simple PCA) shows, this is what linguistics and toponymy shows and this is what a cursory look at history shows.
    Can you link to any of these genetic tests? I've tried to find any good sources on the matter, but it's difficult to come by.

This map of "Germanic" haplogroups supports your position, though:

Mixing with the French is actually threefold treason: Genetically, culturally and because they have been the bane of continental Germanics and the English for a thousand years.
    They've never been an enemy of Norwegians. Sure, in a conflict where Germans were unjustly attacked by the French, I'd support the Germans. But you can't expect other nations to adopt the heritage of animosity that exists between you and other peoples when we have had little or nothing to do with them ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag View Post
    You worship celebrities too much. I hope you get married to one (like the Julia Roberts Hugh Grant love movie) and then you will realize how imperfect and shitty they are.
    You have absolutely no grasp of the dating market if you're unsure whether or not he would be capable of getting a Danish wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Leliana View Post
    What I like about him, though, is that he calls out all these 'libtard-judƤachristian-cuck-conservatives' as the idiots they are. 'Survive the Jive', 'The Golden One', etc. etc.: He's not afraid to call a spade a spade, one must grant him that.
    I think Varg is mostly making a fool of himself whenever he's taken on StJ. How are any of those guys "Judeo-Christian cucks"?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Didn't he marry a French woman? If so, should he not be considered a traitor to Germanic preservation?
    Why a traitor? While I find Vikernes's racial theories to be largely unsubstantiated, to call him a traitor because he married a French woman is stretching it. While the French are not a predominantly Germanic people, there are Germanic ethnic, genetic and cultural influences in some areas of France (Alsace, Lorraine, Normandy). As far as I've understood, Marie Cachet comes from a lineage of Norman blood, making her peripherally or potentially even partially Germanic. Considering that even Skadi accepts such individuals as Germanic - not only French-Canadians/Acadians but also French members proper, from France, I don't see why it would be considered treason.

And yet Nicole Kidman and many other examples with clearly British physical types are considered Germanic here, as I have pointed out before.
    She is pred. Germanic (English) by ancestry and apart from maybe her red, curly hair, there is nothing that makes stand out as a foreigner in any Germanic country. With dyed blonde hair, for comparison:

I doubt that anyone would complain. She does have some Celtic ancestry (Scottish, Irish) that could account for her ginger gene, however it's not a must. We don't know for a fact that red hair is an exclusively Celtic gene, it's still debated where this trait originated. Some postulate that it was brought to the British Isles by Norsemen during the Viking Age, so for all we know red hair could be a native Germanic trait. Interestingly enough, if you look at where red hair occurs in the world you can almost map it to Viking trading routes. Apart from the Celtic nations, a high incidence of red hair can be found in Southwest Norway. And remember that Scotland is not a pure Celtic nation either, in fact it has Norse/Viking genes. There is a third category of historians and scientists who agree on a common Celto-Germanic genetic trait, rather than a separate origin for the gene. See here for more information. Another interesting article on how the Vikings may have looked like cites that "genetic studies have shown that even back then there was a healthy mix of blonds, redheads and dark-haired people, just like today".

I mean, can people seriously be expected to identify as Germanic, when they don't look like Germanics?
    Just like with everything else, there are more and less stereotypical looks. Appearances can deceive. There are even people who look exotic for their ethnicity but whose DNA is nonetheless Germanic. Some examples:

Post Examples of Individuals Who Look Exotic/Atypical for Their Locality

Dissimilar Siblings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 03:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Pride View Post
    Why a traitor? While I find Vikernes's racial theories to be largely unsubstantiated, to call him a traitor because he married a French woman is stretching it. While the French are not a predominantly Germanic people, there are Germanic ethnic, genetic and cultural influences in some areas of France (Alsace, Lorraine, Normandy). As far as I've understood, Marie Cachet comes from a lineage of Norman blood, making her peripherally or potentially even partially Germanic. Considering that even Skadi accepts such individuals as Germanic - not only French-Canadians/Acadians but also French members proper, from France, I don't see why it would be considered treason.

Why? If somebody who is predominantly Germanic marries a person who is predominantly non-Germanic, then that has to be seen as treason from an ethnogenetic point of view. I mean, it would be a different thing if this French girl married another "Norman" French.

She is pred. Germanic (English) by ancestry
    I doubt that anyone would complain. She does have some Celtic ancestry (Scottish, Irish)
    I don't think that the English are predominantly Germanic genetically. In specific cases, perhaps. But at large? No.

and apart from maybe her red, curly hair, there is nothing that makes stand out as a foreigner in any Germanic country. With dyed blonde hair, for comparison:
    The same could be said of most Irish people. Dye their hair blonde and straighten it, and they won't look like obvious foreigners in most Germanic countries. Nobody is saying that they belong to a different species.

that could account for her ginger gene, however it's not a must. We don't know for a fact that red hair is an exclusively Celtic gene, it's still debated where this trait originated. Some postulate that it was brought to the British Isles by Norsemen during the Viking Age, so for all we know red hair could be a native Germanic trait. Interestingly enough, if you look at where red hair occurs in the world you can almost map it to Viking trading routes. Apart from the Celtic nations, a high incidence of red hair can be found in Southwest Norway. And remember that Scotland is not a pure Celtic nation either, in fact it has Norse/Viking genes. There is a third category of historians and scientists who agree on a common Celto-Germanic genetic trait, rather than a separate origin for the gene. See here for more information. Another interesting article on how the Vikings may have looked like cites that "genetic studies have shown that even back then there was a healthy mix of blonds, redheads and dark-haired people, just like today".

Red hair of the sort that Kidman has is way commoner in the Celtic areas of Europe than Norway. You are attempting a sort of reverse history, similar to the nordicists that like to claim ancient civilizations like Rome or Greece were founded by Nordics.

https://theapricity.com/snpa/rg-aran.htm

All Germanic descendants?

Just like with everything else, there are more and less stereotypical looks. Appearances can deceive. There are even people who look exotic for their ethnicity but whose DNA is nonetheless Germanic. Some examples:

Post Examples of Individuals Who Look Exotic/Atypical for Their Locality

Dissimilar Siblings

The issue is: how much does it mean that these siblings look different? Is a Borreby more close in nature, behavior, intelligence, etc to another Borreby potentially from a different ethnicity or to his Nordic brother? Certainly, if a girl is born Nordic, she will probably have a lot more dating choices than her Borreby sister. I kind of see that in my own family.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fjaran For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    A few comments:

1) Normandy includes the Channel Islands, which is the only part still culturally Germanic, more so than West Flanders and Elsaß, etc. France has always been at least quadricultural: Italo-Celtic (if not separately), Germanic, Basque and even Hellenic in former times. Varg's wife is Alpine brunette.

3a) Tacitus compared Caledonians to Germans with auburn hair like Nicole Kidman, Britons (i.e. Cornish) to Gauls and Welsh to Spaniards (Celtiberians). The addition of Belgae, Saxons, Danes, etc changed all of this landscape, evidenced by Brittany and Britonia. Belgae came to replace or overtake the native Brythons in the West and Southwest and it's them to whom Arthurian romance can be attributed.

2b) Irish Gaels assimilated Caledonia and Mann, but this was countered by Norwegians and they were unable to fully overtake the isles as well as the Lothian and Strathclyde buffer zone between Antonine and Hadrianic walls, even as they tried taking Bernicia/Northumberland, Rheged/Cumberland and Westmorland--failing to keep them and being rebuffed by the old Kingdom of Deira/Jórvķk, of which, the West Riding included Kendal and Lancaster, whereas Durham originally belonged also.

2c) Most of history until the 20th century in the Celtic fringe, was marked by Germanic assimilation, to the point where the Irish constitution enshrines it within their laws, despite independence from Germanic power, thus becoming another Scotland--as designed by Henry VIII, who likewise absorbed Wales into England--completing Mercia's goal, as subordination of Scotland was Northumbria's. To thoroughly dominate the Celts, German kings were sought as when Vortigern invited Hengist and Horsa--history repeats itself.

3a) Unlike the Italic milieu in France, Italy, Portugal and Spain, Germanics were able to not only overthrow Celtics, but impose our own identity upon them in more ways than name only, so much so that they inherently spread our way of life everywhere they go.

3b) This is no different than German assimilation of the Boii in the making of Bavaria and Prussians in making Prussia (most Ostsiedlung Teutons being R1a like Poland) and Norwegian settlement of the Faroes and Iceland with Gaels who had already been there first. It's not that we're the ones bastardized, since we were "on top", so to speak, for Germanics even bastardized Latin in the making of Romance and that means non-Germanics are in our orbit.

4a) Gegenschlag, your eccentricities are on all topics, forcing my hand to defend we English from spurious charges of not being Germanic, once again. It is very simple... German: Herminonic, Dutch: Istvaeonic, English: Ingvaeonic. Very amusing that some Schweitzer has to impose his ethnic insecurities upon Anglo-Saxons about qualifying as Germanic, for not only are English West Germanic, but also North Germanic and my own blood test proves both are accurate in tongue as we've always known and been reminded by those Celts who still make crybaby films like Braveheart.

4b) Does Gegenschlag need to see my posts about how Switzerland is mostly Germanic, but somehow thinks it's smart to codify three Italic languages into confederation laws? That puts Switzerland in a similar situation to the bilingual Celtic fringes of Wales, the Hebrides and Connaught and thus, deprives Germanic lebensraum of our place.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Aus Süddeutschland und Österreich
    Subrace
    Nordoalpine
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Politics
    Volk&Heimat
    Religion
    Sinnstiftendes Heidentum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fjaran View Post
    In relation to this thread, Varg clearly doesn't care about any of this so I am not sure why any of you do either. He doesn't care about your opinion of him or his family.
    What, talking about((HIM)) and ((THEM)) is my will and you question it?

(Insider joke )
    Loyal to my hate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Leliana For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    20 Hours Ago @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Married
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leliana View Post
    And the way he lives with his family is consequential. Sure, one needs lots of money to buy all of this before living an autonomous life, but honor to those wo deserve it. And achieve it.
    This. He's just living the life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fylgja For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    20 Hours Ago @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Married
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics