State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I Fare Thee Well

Well folks, I reckon I'm going to take my leave, I personally do not have my full heart in the venture and I think it for the best to step away and focus on the self. Mods/Admins. feel free to deactivate my account or whatever is necessary.

Good luck with everything folks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barreldriver For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Well folks, I reckon I'm going to take my leave, I personally do not have my full heart in the venture and I think it for the best to step away and focus on the self.
    Shame to see you go, hope you do redecide and return one day.

Mods/Admins. feel free to deactivate my account or whatever is necessary.
    Not necessary/possible. As per our FAQ, we don't delete/deactivate accounts on demand without a good reason:

As a rule of thumb, yes, we could, but no, we won't.

Before you post anything, remember that words have consequences -- both for you and others. This is true even if they're posted pseudonymously on a discussion board.

Don't come back in a few months or years and ask us to delete your account and your posts because you can't take the heat, you've "changed your mind," you think that Skadi has become "too liberal" or "too extremist," or because you desire to make a politically correct career. It wouldn't make any difference anyway, since public posts are cached by search engines and recorded by countless other people with varying motives.

Deleting accounts and posts makes existing threads unintelligible and searching difficult. If you plan to leave Skadi, simply don't log in anymore. Please spare us gala performances of all kinds. We shall also not ban your account on request.

The only exception is made if you can believably accredit current political persecution due to the content of your posts. In this case message a helper or an administrator, and we shall be able to help you by suppressing the posts in question or your whole account.

If you don't feel like visiting anymore, just don't visit anymore. And if you feel like visiting again, just visit again, simply as that.

And back!
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2018 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Farewell!

Yeah, focusing on ones self is probably wise. Internet shouldn't be an addiction, it can take too much of a part of people's life. It's a good thing, but I spend a little too much time on it which does not give me alot in return. But Skadi is good!

Last Online
    Monday, January 4th, 2021 @ 03:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    Yes I know the feeling, Meldmir

Sorry your going though, Reeder, and all the best to you!

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Well folks, I reckon I'm going to take my leave, I personally do not have my full heart in the venture and I think it for the best to step away and focus on the self. Mods/Admins. feel free to deactivate my account or whatever is necessary.

Reeder, I thought I would not see this from you. Please reconsider your leave, I for one will miss your post and your humour. If you have any questions please feel to PM me and say goodbye.

If you decide to leave this truly is a sad thread.

Sincerely, G Baughman
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Germania incognita
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    437 Posts
    I'm sorry you didnt fully enjoy Skadi, but I hope you will return some day. Good luck with everything. I liked your funny pictures of yourself you posted.

"Make strong old dreams lest our world lose heart." -Ezra Pound

Support Skadi forum

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I figured I'd check up for an elaboration on my logic.

Basically as an Appalachian or Cohee, I seem to have an identity that is neither Germanic, neither Celtic, not quite European, it's Appalachian plain and simple, I am aware what my roots are derived from but I feel that the Atlantic Ocean and hundreds of years had the ultimate say on this matter. I've never set foot in Europe, I only have had limited connections to Europe via an aunt and uncle in the U.K. that I don't see much of, it's just alien.

All I know is the Cumberland Plateau and the farm townships in Ohio. I've never been farther south than Georgia, no farther west than Ohio, no farther east than Pennsylvania, no farther north than Michigan and I don't plan on going that far in either direction again.

I am also unable to fully align with other folks from the U.S. as those outside the Appalachian region and the Midwest are just alien to me. I met some folks from other places in the U.S. and they are just "queer" in the original sense of the word and I cannot see myself unifying myself in a common cause with anyone outside of Appalachia, I would be pushing it by including the Midwest.

I am wanting to solely focus on what is mine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barreldriver For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 01:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    I see your point in this and I do not accept it.

As I have posted in some thread( I can't remember) I love The Foxfire Books. For those of you that do not know what they are they are a series of books by high school students in Appalachia. They describe in detail the isolated culture of the Appalachian folk and their ways of living.

Without the Appalachian folk many of our early ways of life would have been lost in the last 200 years.

The folk of the Appalachian Mountains are of Germanic origin and have remained so since before the US was founded. I read once that they were called Hillbillies because they supported King William of England.

To say you are not connected to the rest of us is just false. In fact you should be proud to be part of such a unique and Germanic culture.

Now if you don't feel you fit in after that than you should check your own history which I do believe you already have. Besides I think there are other members here who have a background from your part of the country. You could create threads and have discussions just as well as those of us that do not come from your region. I know you are a good poster and have a way with words.

Never quit or give up you are one of us
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G Baughman View Post
    I see your point in this and I do not accept it.

As I have posted in some thread( I can't remember) I love The Foxfire Books. For those of you that do not know what they are they are a series of books by high school students in Appalachia. They describe in detail the isolated culture of the Appalachian folk and their ways of living.

Without the Appalachian folk many of our early ways of life would have been lost in the last 200 years.

The folk of the Appalachian Mountains are of Germanic origin and have remained so since before the US was founded. I read once that they were called Hillbillies because they supported King William of England.

To say you are not connected to the rest of us is just false. In fact you should be proud to be part of such a unique and Germanic culture.

Now if you don't feel you fit in after that than you should check your own history which I do believe you already have. Besides I think there are other members here who have a background from your part of the country. You could create threads and have discussions just as well as those of us that do not come from your region. I know you are a good poster and have a way with words.

Never quit or give up you are one of us
    That does make sense. I reckon I'll stick around in that regard. Especially this part:

I never thought of it that way before. I will note my posting will be limited for a while though due to a busy semester at uni.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 18th, 2010 @ 06:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Danish
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Danish
    Subrace
    Tronder/Dalo-Nordid?
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Constitutional Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Reeder,

If it makes you feel better. I'm Appalachian myself 'bout 10 miles from the Tennessee line, mountain born and bred, so your not alone

As Mr. Baughman notes we are a thouroughly Germanic culture and alot of the phrases and accents that have made us the butt of so many jokes are pure "old school" "Anglish"....Like "wrastlin' " Did you know fencing master George Silver used the term "wrastlin'" to describe grappling? The phrase "looky yonder" = Look ye yonder. This and other examples proves *WE* speak normal English everyone else in this country talks funny

My Grandfather used to carry his hunting horn with him to work in the fields on the mountain above his house, if he saw someone coming up the road he would wind his horn to let Granny know and be watching...A security system unchanged since Anglo-Saxon England.

I'll grant folk outside our region can be "differnt" but we got our place in this Germanic family too. An' we got as much right to claim our kin as anybody...Maybe more.. Did you know in 1923 an Englishman boarded with a few families here? You want to know why? He was wanting to learn English folk ballads that had been lost to history in England

Many people dont realize it but the general mountain attitude and lifestyle is very similar to that of the typical 16th century Northumbrian or Scots borderer, still Anglo-Saxon/Scandinavian but not the same as the Southerly Saxons or the Highland Gaels. My own families Ancestral region in Yorkshire is alot like this area without the trees...We do like our hills.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Horseman For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast