View Poll Results: Is anti-Americanism justified?

Voters
264. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 56.82%
  • No

58 21.97%
  • Unsure

23 8.71%
  • Who cares

33 12.50%
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Anti-Americanism Justified?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, July 30th, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Angelisc
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prodeutsch View Post
    You might well be correct about anti-japanese (korean as well - most were prison guards during the war) feelings, however when my fellow warriors are butchered and tortured by said NIPPONESE that is when I get involved.

Anti-Americanism? Pfffft....if I had a penny for every German Soldier in WWII who preferred surrender to the US military I would be a rich man. Matters not to me, when I lived 5 years in Germany, I made it my mission to be a good guest, enjoy my distant relatives, teach my kids about the true Germany, and learn the language and customs....
    It's still the same old same old collective guilt-trip for things that happened decades ago. And pretending that Americans and Australians always behaved honourably just because they're our ethnic brethren is far from a subjective intelligent view of what is a complex subject. They didn't. I find it interesting I find it more than a little ironic given the purpose of this forum that your answer to anti-Americanism is to insult Germans... when US popular culture is poisoning the world when the way they insist on enforcing their personal interpretation of democratic principles and politics around the world is irreconcilable with the preservation of national and racial sovereignty of Europeans and when fundamentalists as much as degenerates in that country are facilitating its decline it seems far from sensible to think it's senseless or insensitive to simply voice these concerns don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post
    I understand. I believe it's just that people don't want to admire the Japanese, rather than them being hysterical. I don't believe the Germans here should or will start admiring the USA, but at least realise that the Americans here are not their enemies.
    If not all but some or even many Americans here disagree strongly with cogent critiques of American culture authored by European thinkers now and then who are informing the views of many European members then the situation is a little more complex. And there's a big difference between simply not admiring a people and flagrantly ignoring post after post dismantling lies and half-truths about that people... that complete and utter disconnect from reality to convince oneself of lies much like liberals do about race is hysteria by any standard or definition.

No I don't think anti-Americanism stems from jealousy, that was a separate part of my post in response to a person who believes the Americans are somehow less free than Germany.
    Again I apologise for any misunderstanding. What is or is not freedom however is too loose too ambiguous a concept to even argue about. The First Amendment does protect their right to voice the truth and this is an admirable thing but the "anything goes" attitude that underpins this means that lies means that the Jew-media and the Jew-academy shape opinion it means all kinds of things can be said and are and worst of all it means paedophile organisations get away with publishing a paedophile instruction manual. There's no freedom in enslaving people to lies or in teaching human filth to groom and abuse children... what good is freedom is mere perceived freedom if it comes at that cost?

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 04:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vordringende View Post
    If not all but some or even many Americans here disagree strongly with cogent critiques of American culture authored by European thinkers now and then who are informing the views of many European members then the situation is a little more complex. And there's a big difference between simply not admiring a people and flagrantly ignoring post after post dismantling lies and half-truths about that people... that complete and utter disconnect from reality to convince oneself of lies much like liberals do about race is hysteria by any standard or definition.
    I guess you're right on the 'ignoring' part, but that isn't my fight.

I find the opposite with Americans here though, many prefer to identify with other nations than the USA or their British heritage.

Again I apologise for any misunderstanding. What is or is not freedom however is too loose too ambiguous a concept to even argue about. The First Amendment does protect their right to voice the truth and this is an admirable thing but the "anything goes" attitude that underpins this means that lies means that the Jew-media and the Jew-academy shape opinion it means all kinds of things can be said and are and worst of all it means paedophile organisations get away with publishing a paedophile instruction manual. There's no freedom in enslaving people to lies or in teaching human filth to groom and abuse children... what good is freedom is mere perceived freedom if it comes at that cost?
    True but that's just another example of how easily their Constitution has been distorted. In my opinion it's an unfortunate lack of foresight, or perhaps over-confidence, that the Founding Fathers had in the USA for them not to legislate fail-safes for that, especially considering there is now a black President of a nation founded by white supremacists.

But on freedom and what it is, I agree.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Angelisc
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I find the opposite with Americans here though, many prefer to identify with other nations than the USA or their British heritage.
    Many do and this is a good thing... it's a complicated topic given the relatively young history of the United States and because of the roles of the United States and Germany in both World War I and World War II and what these spelt for Germany. It's important to remember that some Nazi ideologues as well as the conservative revolutionary movement's key figures frequently equated America's influence on economics on culture and ultimately on people with that of that of the Jews and agreeing with them I think it's terribly naive to think only the Jews are at the helm of American popular culture that has increasingly become a global force and is responsible for homogenising and degenerating people and has played a part in the deracination of our people. In this very thread one American wrote quite disparagingly of America of its culture and of his or her fellow Americans without a single mention of the Jews... many may identify with their European brethren but I doubt that many share his or her view which is more reflective of that of the European members inspired by Nazi or conservative revolutionary thought or New Right thought.

In my opinion it's an unfortunate lack of foresight, or perhaps over-confidence, that the Founding Fathers had in the USA for them not to legislate fail-safes for that...
    I totally agree!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Many do and this is a good thing... it's a complicated topic given the relatively young history of the United States and because of the roles of the United States and Germany in both World War I and World War II and what these spelt for Germany. It's important to remember that some Nazi ideologues as well as the conservative revolutionary movement's key figures frequently equated America's influence on economics on culture and ultimately on people with that of that of the Jews and agreeing with them I think it's terribly naive to think only the Jews are at the helm of American popular culture that has increasingly become a global force and is responsible for homogenising and degenerating people and has played a part in the deracination of our people. In this very thread one American wrote quite disparagingly of America of its culture and of his or her fellow Americans without a single mention of the Jews... many may identify with their European brethren but I doubt that many share his or her view which is more reflective of that of the European members inspired by Nazi or conservative revolutionary thought or New Right thought.
    True, I agree to an extent. It seems to be a result of all of the hype over suddenly being the best in the world after WWII, and perhaps the 'Cold War' era when suddenly Americans believed they had a duty to protect, preserve and extend everything American in the face of the Red plague, and couldn't exactly stick to their isolationist policies of the pre-War era.

Personally I would prefer they all became Loyalists and seceded from the Union in favour of rejoining the British Empire, but that's just me.

On this popular culture thing, I have very recently begun reading about the American Civil War, and one thing I find very interesting is that our stereotypes of what is American (for better or worse), are the same negative views that the Dixie held of the Yankees. This may just prove you right because I believe there was very little, if any Jewish influence on the USA from about 1800-1870. Perhaps there is a fundamental flaw in how Yankee culture evolved within the United States?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Angelisc
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True, I agree to an extent. It seems to be a result of all of the hype over suddenly being the best in the world after WWII, and perhaps the 'Cold War' era when suddenly Americans believed they had a duty to protect, preserve and extend everything American in the face of the Red plague, and couldn't exactly stick to their isolationist policies of the pre-War era.
    Indeed. Their current attitude of delivering their personal interpretation of good and goodwill to the rest of us undermines the racial and national sovereignty of our respective countries and communities.

Personally I would prefer they all became Loyalists and seceded from the Union in favour of rejoining the British Empire, but that's just me.
    You're not alone in having that view

On this popular culture thing, I have very recently begun reading about the American Civil War, and one thing I find very interesting is that our stereotypes of what is American (for better or worse), are the same negative views that the Dixie held of the Yankees. This may just prove you right because I believe there was very little, if any Jewish influence on the USA from about 1800-1870. Perhaps there is a fundamental flaw in how Yankee culture evolved within the United States?
    Interesting. I'd like to explore the topic further myself.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I speak from personal experience with Americans, it seems they enjoy talking about how great they are more than talking about the weather. It also appears you agree with me. I did put a qualifier in there you know.
    I actually much prefer talking about the weather.

It's considerably more interesting.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 28th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's still the same old same old collective guilt-trip for things that happened decades ago. And pretending that Americans and Australians always behaved honourably just because they're our ethnic brethren is far from a subjective intelligent view of what is a complex subject. They didn't. I find it interesting I find it more than a little ironic given the purpose of this forum that your answer to anti-Americanism is to insult Germans... when US popular culture is poisoning the world when the way they insist on enforcing their personal interpretation of democratic principles and politics around the world is irreconcilable with the preservation of national and racial sovereignty of Europeans and when fundamentalists as much as degenerates in that country are facilitating its decline it seems far from sensible to think it's senseless or insensitive to simply voice these concerns don't you think?
    I am not insulting any Germans....I was merely pointing out that when Germany and the US took up arms against each other the last time, it was preferable for German Soldiers to be captured by the US (western allies too) than by the Russians. Being that the anti-american propoganda during the war was quite prevelent I find it surprising is all. I am sure American troops preferred capture by German soldiers vs Imperial Japanese too.

When it comes to the JAPanese the last time I looked it was them that conducted the Battaan Death march not vice versa. So, no I am not a fan of anything asian....

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Americanism (n.): a custom, linguistic usage, or other feature peculiar to or characteristic of the United States, its people, or their culture

Why is anyone going to be anti- the American people or their culture? They're Germanics too, anyway.

I find the opening line of the wikipedia article to be rather disparaging...
    The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, so called "culture", economics or international role of the United States.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    My known ancestry is Norwegian
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not "anti-the-american-people", but I am very hostile to what the American state and its mass society has become, and America's political behaviour around the globe. As it is today, the American state (and the forces that are controlling it) is one of the greatest threats against national sovereignty and preservation.

But I'm not blaming the usual American individual for this. I also quite like the saying of the French New Right that "America is strong because Europe is weak". It is just as much our own fault that America has obtained this too powerful position in world politics.
    "Man evolved in cooperating groups united by common cultural and genetic ties, and it is only in such a setting that the individual can feel truly free, and truly protected. Men cannot live happily alone and without values or any sense of identity…" - Alain de Benoist
    Motpol.nu - Alternative Right - Arktos.com
    Click here for a sound-track to my posts.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    German Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Prussian (East and West), Norway (Dramen Fjord area)
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Divorced
    Occupation
    Language Teacher (IT Consultant)
    Politics
    Classical Liberal (Libertarian)
    Religion
    Protestant Christian (non-Denom)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Is Anti-Americanism Justified?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    I'm interested in arguments for and against.
    One of the problems with a question like this is that one has to define what "Americanism" is first. This isn't so easy. In fact, I would venture to suggest it's virtually impossible. The impression that Europeans get varies with who they see as being the establishment elite in the United States, to what degree they are truly representative of what Americanism is and which cultural fads or socio-political or socio-economic spin they seem to be promoting this month or year. One thing is for sure. The manufactured cultural winds in the US change far faster than they do in Europe. I hope we can at least agree on that.

Additionally, it depends greatly on who the infotainment or "disinfotainment" elite in the countries of Europe are, if we are talking European Anti-Americanism, for example. In other words any judgment of this type doesn't happen in a vacuum and it must be weighed against the interests and sensibilities of a particular nation and/or people.

There is another problem. America is not a culturally monolithic and homogeneous nation. Like it or not, America is a multicultural and multi-ethnic empire. In her history she has defeated and subjugated Amerindians, Pacific Islanders, Hispanic populations and not to forget African slaves among others. Obviously, for better or worse, this reality is in the process of being "undone" but that doesn't make it any less true.

This begs the question though, which America does one object to, because painting the entire conglomeration of peoples and their distinct ethno-cultures with the same broad brush is hardly fair. One has to then also ask: Is the current American establishment a realistic reflection of who the American people are or want to be? Which ethno-cultural interest group does the American elite and disinfotainment media and financial elite favor or most accurately reflect? Which interests are in the drivers seat and to what extent are the American people as a whole aware of it?

I guess, it's important to ask another question. What don't you like about America or Americanism? We can then perhaps more specifically ask ourselves how fair such criticisms are and to whom in America they they most accurately apply. Perhaps that would be a fairer way of approaching the issue.

Sure, as a EuroAmerican of Germanic and Christian heritage, my values pretty much follow those of the majority of EuroAmericans who are at least culturally Christian. What I've learned, is that what I hold most dear are values not held by non EuroAmericans, be they Christian or otherwise, in the same way.

If I say I believe in Free Speech, ... others will say only if it's politically correct.

If I say I believe in individual liberty ... others will say only its limited to ensure mandated equality of results.

If I say I believe in the primacy of individual responsibility ... others will say that to each according to his need from each according to his ability is more important.

I can go on and on.

Which America don't you like? Which Americanisms do you reject? Is there even such a thing?