Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

On Burzum and the Varg Vikernes Cult

Some years ago, I have made some posts on this forum advocating Varg Vikernes. I must say that I no longer advocate him in any manner, as some new facts have come to light recently and over the years.

Today I was doing some research and I have discovered that Varg Vikernes viciously insulted Euronymous as a "Lapp dog" which is brutally insulting to Sami heritage, and Samis which are an important part of Norway, and whom I consider as fully European. I whole-heartedly condemn this attempt at dividing cooperation between two sympathetic ethnic groups, as well as the attack upon a European ethnic group which I have grown quite fond of. These attempts at division play right into the hands of the same people who want to destroy ALL ethnicities and races. Divide and conquer... If Norwegians and Norwegian Samis shall hate each other, then they have far less abilities to organize themselves against their nation being raped by nonwhite criminal immigrants.

Varg Vikernes cowardly stabbed the aforementioned person to death in the back, and not just once but multiple times, and more than was necessary. It seems the killing may have been partially ethnic motivated, and as this is against a european ethnicity, it harms our unity rather than helps it, and I cannot condone this. I also cannot condone a murderer, a cowardly scum, that kills in this manner.

Varg Vikernes burned stave churches, and this is a direct destruction of Nordic culture and heritage. This in itself is a shame. Even just this. While I had known this before, I can no longer overlook this facet.

-Varg Vikernes may be Nordic, but he is NOT an honorable man. Far from it!
    -Varg Vikernes writings are atheistic, and have nothing to do with spirituality in any deeper sense.
    -Varg Vikernes music is untalented and mostly unlistenable.
    -Varg Vikernes promotes intra-european ethnic hatred which is disgusting.

In light of the fact that the actions of Varg Vikernes destroy European heritage, both of Sami and other Norwegians, I can only condemn him and I hereby retract any positive statements I have ever made about him.

I have also requested that my posts advocating Varg Vikernes be permanently deleted.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 03:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Way to over react, his new album is amazing IMO. I'm glad he is free.

CHEERS

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 12:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Ah, nice to see that you've "come to the light" and finally accepted that there are two faces about Varg Vikernes, one that is the maker of excellent music and another that is a questionable man.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicPower View Post
    Today I was doing some research and I have discovered that Varg Vikernes viciously insulted Euronymous as a "Lapp dog" which is brutally insulting to Sami heritage, and Samis which are an important part of Norway, and whom I consider as fully European.
    Here, I am going to defend him: Whilst I also consider the Sami as fully European and Europid, I can see where there may be potential reasons for strife from a Norwegian perspective.

Not every Austrian is particularly happy with the behaviour of Carinthian-Slovenes and their interest groups for instance, myself included, and that it even though it was only through their vote that it was possible that Southern Carinthia stay with Austria in 1920.

Sometimes, a folk group can be an important pointer in a country's history and modernity, that doesn't have to mean though that mutual feelings must always be positive. As belonging to different meta-ethnicities it only stand to reason that there might be grounds for conflict.

Whilst it's certainly a little clumsy to call someone a "Lapp dog", this doesn't mean he considers all Lapps dogs, though. And even if he did, this would be one of the things that bothered me less about him; they're not Germanic and not Indo-European*, they're not my top-priority.

*(this also arguably applies to Finns and Estonians for whom I have admiration, but they are an exception --- and might be more Indo-European at least in culture, in contradiction to their language, than is commonly believed, but this is for another thread)

I also cannot condone a murderer, a cowardly scum, that kills in this manner.
    His killing of Euronymous has been portrayed in so many ways, and we cannot tell what is true. There are only two people who know exactly what happened, one is Vikernes and the other took it to his grave. We have Vikernes' opinion and whether it is truth or lie he speaks we cannot decide.

Since he was young and did his penance for his deeds, it is something that will have to be judged by his future conduct outside jail. Sometimes criminals can redeem themselves by positive actions once they are free. There are some types of criminals (paedophiles, rapists) who can never redeem themselves, but this does not appear to be the case here.

As far as we know, whatever side tells the truth, the actual point of taking friendship-gone-hatred to violent confrontation happened in the heat of the moment and should/would have been charged as culpable homicide had he not continued to stab him a further 26 times.

Varg Vikernes burned stave churches, and this is a direct destruction of Nordic culture and heritage. This in itself is a shame. Even just this. While I had known this before, I can no longer overlook this facet.
    This is actually the main point I have held against him for a while. He destroyed his nation's culture and heritage. If that wasn't bad enough, the fact that stave churches are what is basically oldest, and likely closest in architecture to the ancestral faith's indoor holy places adds to this.

Worse though, a man and father - a firefighter, who are arguably everyday's heroes for saving countless lives per day - lost his life through his thoughtless actions. War against the (pseudo-) Christian oppression all right, but his course of action was not appropriate.

The church fires destroyed more Germanic heritage than was contributed constructively by the symbolism of the act, as such it was at best an ill choice, and realistically a heinous crime against the artistic heritage of a Germanic nation.

He may be Nordic and Germanic, his French wife is not. I have not seen pictures of her, so whether she is Nordic I do not know - the test is still out on that; and if we never come to know this then I respect their private sphere.

However the fact that a supposed mental and spiritual leader of the - Germanic - Odalist movement be marrying a non-Germanic is fairly hypocritical. Parts of France are evidently Germanic, so chances are she is from there --- however if she is from elsewhere, then she is no more Germanic than some random Russian girl.

OK, so the Franks founded ancient France, but so did the Viking Rus - just to both be 'dissolved in the mob of the non-Germanic footfolk.

-Varg Vikernes writings are atheistic, and have nothing to do with spirituality in any deeper sense.
    I would not call them atheistic, much of them still apply to a form of Heathenism, though of course many of them deal with the mundane, so I will agree on the 'spirituality' point of which they are rather devoid.

-Varg Vikernes music is untalented and mostly unlistenable.
    De gustibus non disputandum applies here, I suppose. Despite holding the man in a questionable light, I do consider his music excellent. It is clear that he has no idea of structure or playing an instrument at much skill, however he manages to create awesome and atmospheric music I can relate to, which is what is important in BM.

I can only mind all to at least listen to his new album. The sound quality and the voice are fairly "un-Burzumish" but the rest is a masterpiece. It's a bit like a mixture between Burzum (duh!) and speeded-up Wyrd, very Nordic.

With exception of the Sami issue, I haven't seen much of this. Actually, I've traditionally seen him to be too "universal-minded" in his application of matters. In previous days (Vargsmål, interviews) I felt he focussed too much on the pseudo-racial aspect (his obsession with hair & eye colour be mentioned). Then again, he retracted that later to a more condonesome position, so I'm not so fussed.

What annoys me more about his views is that he seems to change them at the rate others change their underwear. Some of his ideas and insights are quite enlightening - though not always in a strictly spiritual sense, they oft still have deep religious meaning. But he keeps on retracting his earlier statements and even contradicts them without retraction so often that it is more difficult to believe in his sincerity by the day.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Maybe it's precisely his hair and eye colour obsession that leads some people to believe he was promoting intra-European hatred. Varg said something about brown eyes being the equivalent of feces. I know smeone is now going to say there are brown eyed Germanics and I know that and agree but brown eyes as a rule are more prevalent in Southern European populations.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 12:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleyer View Post
    I know smeone is now going to say there are brown eyed Germanics and I know that and agree but brown eyes as a rule are more prevalent in Southern European populations.
    And blue eyes and blonde hair are as a rule more prevalent in North-Eastern European populations, notably Finns, Estonians and Latvians. Your point being?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    West Prussia
    Ancestry
    From the roots of the Mountain.
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Occupation
    Student.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A technical support guy at my University lived next door to Vargs parents in his youth. He did not know Varg personally but told me there was only one rock club in Bergen, and often saw Varg there, he described him as "gaunt and thin, not very threatening in appearance." He has many amusing stories about the rising BM scene in Bergen. Such as the growing popularity of pc RPG's during the rise of the BM scene, and when Varg publicly stated something along the lines of "(certain RPG) gives me satanic powers", all the mothers went nuts and thought their sons had become satanists.

As for Vargs character, he is, and has never claimed otherwise, first and formost a musician, he is entitled to belive what he wants. Varg was charged with various church arson, but I dont know if he is genuinely guilty. It is possible that it was driven by a media tyrade to put a face to "satanic church burnings", and a murderer was the most convenient patsy. Im not condoning the burning of the churches, far from it, Im just saying people like to act as if they know more than they actually do.
    Life is a well of delight; but where the rabble also drink, there all fountains are poisoned.

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Varg is a nutter and an eccentric. He also switches his views constantly. Anyone who sees him as a role model is a fool.

Waffenbrüder und Blut
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Homo europæus
    Ancestry
    Iutum (Jutes), Agendicum (Sénons)
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    NS-Eugeniker
    Religion
    Highland Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Being Nordic does not make one honorable by default, lesson learned for you.

There is race and then there is skin colour. Beggars can't be choosers, either you decide to see race overall or skin colour/pigmentation overall. If you want to look at it that way on average Finnoids, Lapps, Japaneses and Siberians are lighter complexed than Tyroleans/Austrians on average, yet Tyroleans/Austrians have more Euro-Caucasoid racial features than most of the Finnoids, Lapps, Japaneses and Siberians.

Based on that, your view of european intra-ethnic hatred may differ. Is your views on europeaness racial or pigmentational? Because clearly belonging to the European continent does not change your race and if you lack most of the basic Euro-Caucasoid racial features, that your skin colour may be as white as flour, that your eyes as blue as the sea or that your hairs are as blond as the wheat fields won't save one from being called a Lapp Dog if one clearly is one.

Last Online
    Monday, December 26th, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German-Acadian
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    State
    Louisiana Louisiana
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifr View Post
    Varg is a nutter and an eccentric. He also switches his views constantly. Anyone who sees him as a role model is a fool.
    Just about anyone on a forum such as this could be called a nutter and eccentric by the general public. And the changing of views is part of growth, and since when is stagnation a good thing?

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because sane men try get through airports wearing chainmail...

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast