Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Black Metal Scene a Positive or Negative Example to Young Germanics?

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Velvet,

I believe you are correct about the BM waves. Venom's first release was the In League With Satan single, which Tom Warrior credits as being the inspiration for him forming Hellhammer. Prior to that, Motorhead was generally considered to have been the "heaviest" thing out there. Venom took the speed of Motorhead and combined it with the devil worshipping imagery and created the BM genre.

Now many fans of Nordic BM consider Bathory's self-titled first album to have been the first tr00 BM album, but, they must remember that Bathory's first album was very, very heavily influenced by Venom. A quick glance at Bathory's song titles will confirm this.

Now Tom Warrior is very adamant that HH/CF were/are not BM bands. As a matter of fact, it was he who used the term death metal to describe his music to set it apart from the BM genre.

Also worth mentioning, is the fact that Venom and HH were putting their music out in the 81-82.

As for the BM waves that were previously mentioned, I can not speak about that with any authority, as I never listened to Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor etc.

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 07:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    No, you didnt provoke. The ones meant with bm-haters will know who they are
    Considering how insanely hateful your black metal scene is towards Christians and "ordinary people" abiding by ordinary traditional values, you shouldn't be surprised when people are utterly disgusted by it. And as Anlef pointed out, the black metal scene is but a sick mockery of the spirit and traditions of true Germanic heathenry.

Quote Originally Posted by totenlicht View Post
    The album "black metal" by venom is not a black metal album.
    The absurdity of this statement is overwhelming.

To anyone having the slightest clue about what black-, thrash-, and death metal is, the statement you quoted is very obviously false.
    I'm no expert in black metal per se, but I've been listening various forms of metal ever since I was a wee lad and I also play the guitar. Black metal isn't as unique as you make it out to be.

If you can't hear the obvious parallels between Venom's sound and that of subsequent music categorized as "black metal," you must be either tin-eared or deaf. Yes, Venom was a huge influence on thrash and death, but they were still the founders of black metal. Just because the sound of black metal later evolved in a somewhat different direction in Scandinavia does not change this fact.
    Last edited by Ward; Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: minor edits

Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
    Considering how insanely hateful your black metal scene is towards Christians and "ordinary people" abiding by ordinary traditional values, you shouldn't be surprised when people are utterly disgusted by it.
    That's the point of it. Black metal is not a genre to be liked by the masses (considering that nowadays "popular views" are not in line at all with any of the expressions of black metal). It's more like a filter. It's a form of art, an honest expression of basic spiritual values such as hate. Of course, most would not consider hate as a value but if you think deeply enough you realize that hate has it's place in life along with every other "negative" feeling.

And as Anlef pointed out, the pagan black metal scene is but a sick mockery of the spirit and traditions of true Germanic heathenry.

No it's not. The only thing that confuses you that it's a subjective form of art and it lacks objectivity. It's like a "lie" that reveals a "truth". It needs an individual approach to understand it's message. Oh and btw I would like you to give me one example how you imagine "true Germanic heathenry" integrated into any musical genre.

Yes, Venom was a huge influence on thrash and death, but they were still the founders of black metal. Just because the sound of black metal later evolved in a somewhat different direction in Scandinavia does not change this fact.
    I believe that one can't say to a musical genre that it's founded because it constantly changes. Of course you can split them to periods but that doesn't necessarily mean that the nature of one period is the same or even similar with the one's that follows. Scandinavians took the whole concept and formed it through their own expression and the result was much different than Venom's. One must be quite ignorant to confuse Venom's music with early Scandinavian black metal.
    :Überschöpfung:

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts
    A large part of the metal scene is simply trash. Look at their websites, pages on MySpace and other places they advertise. It's always the same, they speak against people who care for race. And the same about Viking metal, Death metal, Folk metal and all kinds of metal. They have disclaimers they're not nazi, which is fine if they aren't, but it follows writing that they will reject friendship and association with anyone who is a nazi, racist, hater, and the other classic words used to describe nationalists. In other words, they discriminate against us, and as long as that is done, I will also discriminate against them. Boycott black metal liberals.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    A large part of the metal scene is simply trash. Look at their websites, pages on MySpace and other places they advertise. It's always the same, they speak against people who care for race. And the same about Viking metal, Death metal, Folk metal and all kinds of metal.
    They have disclaimers they're not nazi, which is fine if they aren't, but it follows writing that they will reject friendship and association with anyone who is a nazi, racist, hater, and the other classic words used to describe nationalists.
    In other words, they discriminate against us, and as long as that is done, I will also discriminate against them. Boycott black metal liberals.

Just because they don't embrace nationalists doesn't mean they are against them. They try to avoid being labeled as in the case of Varg Vikernes who once mentioned about preservation and now the whole world associates his musical performance as NSBM which is not at all IMO. They try to remain distant from politics or political ideologies which I believe is fair enough since music is a form of art and not objective propaganda. One doesn't have to promote nationalism in order to promote cultural preservation, they just express it in in a different manner.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    Just because they don't embrace nationalists doesn't mean they are against them. They try to avoid being labeled as in the case of Varg Vikernes who once mentioned about preservation and now the whole world associates his musical performance as NSBM which is not at all IMO. They try to remain distant from politics or political ideologies which I believe is fair enough since it's a form of art. One doesn't have to promote nationalism to promote cultural preservation, they just express it in in a different manner.
    They are acting against it if they refuse friendship with someone just because someone is a nationalist. They contribute to the pariah treatment nationalism receive from all sides.

Last Online
    Friday, May 14th, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Germany
    Subrace
    I have no idea
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Study
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Speculatory (and reading)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    Could some BM fan explain the Germanicness of BM compared to the Germanicness of all the other metal genres?
    Personally, I do not believe black metal in its most traditional form is any more or less 'Germanic' than any other music genre. When refering to the 'Germanicness' of black metal and other forms of music, what you need to aknowledge is not the music itself but instead the imagery and lyrical content... Of course not all black metal portrays an image of 'Germanicness', but more black metal bands do than bands that belong to any other genre do.

Of course, the image is a romantacised and 'over the top' one - but it grabs the attention and pulls you in. Black metal gave me the basic understanding needed to begin researching, expanding my knowledge, and finding myself.

A large part of the metal scene is simply trash. Look at their websites, pages on MySpace and other places they advertise. It's always the same, they speak against people who care for race. And the same about Viking metal, Death metal, Folk metal and all kinds of metal. They have disclaimers they're not nazi, which is fine if they aren't, but it follows writing that they will reject friendship and association with anyone who is a nazi, racist, hater, and the other classic words used to describe nationalists. In other words, they discriminate against us, and as long as that is done, I will also discriminate against them. Boycott black metal liberals.
    Don't most musicians of today speak against people who care for race? You're massively narrowing what you 'can' and 'cannot' listen to. Boycott the mass majority of 21st century music.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They are acting against it if they refuse friendship with someone just because someone is a nationalist. They contribute to the pariah treatment nationalism receive from all sides.
    This isn't about only two sides where if you're not my friend then you're my enemy. The musicians (and here I mean mostly folk, pagan, black metal and the subgenres which stay most close to cultural preservation) try to stay separate from either nationalists or anti-nationalists. There are other ways to promote preservation than nationalism. It's quite narrow minded to consider someone as your enemy if it's not your friend or doesn't associates with your views.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Environmentalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Yes, I know that quite a few of the more recent bands have made those anti-racists statements, but they mostly do this for PC reasons and also because they do not want anything to stand in the way of making money.
    How do you know that some of them don't secretly harbor anti-muslim sentiments? I'll bet anything that a lot of them do.
    The black metal scene gives me the creeps. I am not a race hater, but I still find it strange that people who promote expression of feelings, especially hate and disgust, play the PC game and shy away from being hated and looked at with disgust for the sake of money or good image. If they harbor secret feelings and don't let them out, all the talk about expressing your emotions and not caring what other people think sounds hypocritical.

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    Just because they don't embrace nationalists doesn't mean they are against them. They try to avoid being labeled as in the case of Varg Vikernes who once mentioned about preservation and now the whole world associates his musical performance as NSBM which is not at all IMO. They try to remain distant from politics or political ideologies which I believe is fair enough since music is a form of art and not objective propaganda. One doesn't have to promote nationalism in order to promote cultural preservation, they just express it in in a different manner.
    They should not care for labels, if they did they would have never made anti-christianity music.

Just look at Ancient Rites, they are openly nationalistic and everyone hates them, still they have a big loyal fan base and are still in my opinion one of the few metal bands where every album they bring out is a masterpiece.

Question to all, is it me or is the American metal scene the most anti-racist ?

Most of the time when i see a metalhead screaming bloody murder about nationalism etc he/she is from America, white trash metalheads who call everyone a douchebag, what a typical white trash word btw.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast