Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: Is the Black Metal Scene a Positive or Negative Example to Young Germanics?

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 07:07 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radulfr
    Really? Search for some statements of Cronos where he stated rather the opposite: "that the Norwegian scene should come up with their own name for the genre instead of "Black Metal" because it was Venom's invention".
    LOL, really, this just goes to show how crazy Cronos is.

Anyway, "black" is a common term, and maybe Cronos/Venom should get their stuff straight and stop being envy about the success of a genre that has nothing to do with them, to whose creation they have not contributed anything.

I never mentioned Quorthon or Bathory for that matter in the part of the discussion regarding if BM is Satanic or not, now did I? Quorthon was never a Satanist, merely interested in the occult and historical facts to use as topics for his lyrics until the moment he started to write and compose songs about Nordic believe, myths and history. Apart from that, I still stand behind my opinion regarding BM as Satanic music, not pagan or whatever. It is well documented that there are other phrases to name such music.
    Yeah, right, the trve police at work again.

You see, I mentioned Bathory because they did indeed influence the creation of the genre Black Metal more than the boring plastic Death Metal of the 80s. Fenris explained once in detail (and even made a song about this) that Black Metal was a contra-reaction to the 80s plastic mainstream DM, that they were stuck creativewise and the Dark Wave / Dark Metal elements, Ambient and EBM of the late 80s were the creative relief to go beyond the stuck structures.

But I assume that "your" BM is still stuck in the boring structures of stanza / chorus / stanza / (superfluous) solo / chorus...

You stated this a few times now; come forward with some actual facts that this is the truth. The only one who changed his view in the way you described is Vikernes. I cannot think of anybody else.
    Immortal started off, like so many others, in LOTR 'mysticism', Uruk Hai/ Burzum, Dimmu Borgir etc are even names from LOTR, and while Immortal had themselves drawn into the "satanic" dictate, they recently declared a return to Blashyrkh. Unfortunately, the english wiki doesnt contain that bit, when it is actually most important:

Blashyrkh ist ein fiktives Königreich, das oft in den Texten der Band vorkommt. Wie Sänger und Gitarrist Abbath aussagt, wurde dieses eingefrorene Königreich von seinem Hass und dem seines Bandmitgliedes Demonaz geschaffen. Es wird beherrscht von einem riesigen Rabengott namens „Mighty Ravendark“. Auf dem Album „Battles in the North“, im namengebenden Lied, ist er bezeichnet als „Eid des Frosts, der auf dem Rabenthron sitzt“, und als „rechtmäßiger König der höchsten Hallen“.

Blashyrkh ist auf ewig mit Kälte überzogen, Schnee und Winter, wie man aus dem Album At the Heart of Winter erfährt:

“Blashyrkh mighty be your name victorious a kingdom we made with strength and pride all the way you are at the heart of winter”

“The statue watches the kingdom your giant wings make all beneath I'm staring forth the raventhrone I know I'm at the heart of winter”
    Blashyrk is their hate-created kingdom "at the heart of winter", which is very pagan, the Ravengod (Odin) - the god of oath, reigning on the Raventhrone over the frozen kingdom Blashyrkh.

But honestly, I dont have to prove that BM is not satanic, since it is rather obvious for everyone with eyes to see and a mind to think.

I was just giving my opinion about the average individual (if you can call them that in the first place) listening to this music and visiting concerts. The scene you mentioned is long gone, I am aware of that and don't wish to be a part of the so-called movement that is "alive" (or dead) today. It doesn't concern me but I can make remarks about it. So far for my so-called "troubles".
    Gods, doesnt it get into your head? There is no such thing as a "scene", and BM is no "movement" either.

But it seems that people, including you, wish so much that BM was both, guiding them, and then are disappointed that it is not, that it does not tell them how to shit. And that is why the "trve police" always whines about that bands are not satanic enough, and that they dont "live up to the satanic ideals" (which they in 99% of all cases never had to begin with) and what not.

You're actually the best proof how Satanism became the dictate for BM, people ("fans", not musicians) put their own expectations and demands on it, and woe betides those (artists) who fail to satisfy these expectations, the trve police ("fans", not musicians) declares them "heretics" and even dare to want to excommunicate those who deviate from their invented "party line" from Black Metal. Of course not forgetting to then bash those confused individuals ("fans") who adopt this party line and become sheep to these expectations. Even more, declare this as "BM scene", and then distancing themselves from it right away, although it being exactly what they actually want BM to be.

Oxymoronic through and through.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'm not a massive fan of BM, Immortal are the only band of that ilk I can really appreciate. I actually like metal bands where the singers can sing, lyrically they can be similar with similar themes. I dislike the negativity and self pity, I prefer it to be empowering and uplifting.

As for blues based stuff, it doesn't necessarily make it 'negro' music, considering negroes were trying to copy white music on white instruments in the first place and it took white people to actually progress it as an art form with virtuosity and in depth content. Look at the repetitiveness, and basic melodies and beats of black music of all genres, with black blues, the basic format never changed nor did the lyrics, if you compare songs from different eras they are practically identical.

I find it amusing that such lauded Black rock musicians are given unnecessary praise for their achievements, i.e Hendrix,(Black, White, Mexican and Cherokee) Slash (Half White) Kravitz (A half black Russina Jew) in comparison to their works when put under scrutiny.

I wouldn't fall for the media 'rock music is black music' tripe, it seems to me to be another effort to undermine any white achievement.

From what I have read by Varg, I agree with some of the stuff he says but he talks out of his rear end for 90% of the time. Generally if something doesn't fit with his world view he'll just make something up to make it fit.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Mitford View Post
    I am not sure about the 'scene' but the music itself is very empowering for young Germanics.
    Yes, it certainly is. But I think it's important for them to avoid the misanthropic, self-destructive stuff. There are tons of bands who misinterpret the "Depressive" sound and lifestyle and think that being Gothic is "self-mutilation" or being sadistic. I'm not into that personally. Those bands are a dime a dozen too. The whole genre is watered down with Burzum wannabes. But there are a few ground breakers who are truly Pagan and not to mention purely folkish. Check out this song. THIS is empowering to me. This song (and others) has been known to make me shed a tear or two.

Negura Bunget - Ţesarul de Lumini or "Weaver of Lights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-SCyXecLZg

Quote Originally Posted by renownedwolf View Post
    I'm not a massive fan of BM, Immortal are the only band of that ilk I can really appreciate. I actually like metal bands where the singers can sing, lyrically they can be similar with similar themes. I dislike the negativity and self pity, I prefer it to be empowering and uplifting.

As for blues based stuff, it doesn't necessarily make it 'negro' music, considering negroes were trying to copy white music on white instruments in the first place and it took white people to actually progress it as an art form with virtuosity and in depth content. Look at the repetitiveness, and basic melodies and beats of black music of all genres, with black blues, the basic format never changed nor did the lyrics, if you compare songs from different eras they are practically identical.

I find it amusing that such lauded Black rock musicians are given unnecessary praise for their achievements, i.e Hendrix,(Black, White, Mexican and Cherokee) Slash (Half White) Kravitz (A half black Russina Jew) in comparison to their works when put under scrutiny.

I wouldn't fall for the media 'rock music is black music' tripe, it seems to me to be another effort to undermine any white achievement.

From what I have read by Varg, I agree with some of the stuff he says but he talks out of his rear end for 90% of the time. Generally if something doesn't fit with his world view he'll just make something up to make it fit.
    I do believe that the basic ingredients to "rock" are in fact negro in origin. Of course we took it and made it better and altered it, but listen to those rhythms ... negro. Classical music with it's structures and "movements" is "white" music. (Folkish ) Folk, Neo-Folk, Industrial, Techno, Post-Punk .... these are "white genres" at their cores.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It comes down to, 'A thousand monkeys given a thousand typewriters and an infinite amount of time will eventually write the works of Shakespeare' or something to that effect.

The so called 'Negro' feel or sentiments conveyed, sex, rebelliousness, struggle etc the 'basic ingredients' as you say are not solely the preserve of that race and that may have been misconstrued at the time by a still very conservative and Christian society. One must also not negate the massive influence of white folk music on the 50's era rock'n'roll.

We can see this extended to the BM movement today as one expression of the folk soul, rage at the established order, but as with the earliest incarnations of rock as a genre White people have a basis in a well known and documented folk history which gives them a basis for more valid expression.

Unlike of course, the disenfranchised blacks who had real idea of their roots, culture or history and what it is to be them other than a small period of time of illiterate slavery, eventual gifted liberty and ongoing apathetic resentment mixed with ill placed, egotistical self-aggrandisement. All the while relying on the basis of the inventions and art of others to produce something they claim solely as their own because they have little else.

I had many of these debates with tutors when I studied music at college, etc. They did not appreciate my opinions to say the least... (But they were a bunch of Marxist pretentious progressive jazz tosspots anyway!)

Dance music to me, in all sub-genres is borderline retarded. Any pleb can push a button, it takes little skill or drive to learn and become accomplished at such an 'instrument'. I suppose that is why so many 'wigger' idiots enjoy it and 'perform' it.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To me, this "Black Metal" scene is a joke. Just as bad as emo faggots that infest a huge portion of todays popular music.

Grown men dressing up in black leather, painting their faces to look like dead people, and wearing spike collars... yea... that doesn't strike me as homosexual in the least...

Men being men... whatever happened to that? I will never understand Why do grown men feel like they need to act like queers? Why do they wanna act effeminate? All those fairy's running around with their dyed black hair and painting their nails...

Clowns.. all of them.
    Last edited by Sefo; Monday, February 13th, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Edited out some nasty bits.

Last Online
    Friday, May 11th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Teutonic
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Scotland
    Country
    United States United States
    Natural Law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a fan of black metal music, especially the Scandinavian bands.

However, I'm not at all into the black metal subculture, wearing corpse-paint or prancing around in spike collars. Like most "scenes", it's full of attention-seekers and immature clowns. I'm not into any musical "scene", for that reason.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627