Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Post 4 Comments:

@Thusnelda...ongoing overdue comments :

Hoamatland Zwoagsang:...beautiful, simply beautiful, mellow song; the deutsch is the hardest for me to understand thus far among all of these videos/recordings, so this is Bairische Dialekte?
    Die Gfierigen 2: Again, beautiful, and I could listen to and watch these folks all day long!
    Blaskapelle Ainring: Ruetz-Marsch: I'd pay ADMISSION! to witness this!, lol, hehe. ...LOVE IT!! What's the deal with these parades and associated fests (Festzug?) too (I'm sure)? Are these done/put on by many Bavarian Dörfer, etc. annually as local celebrations? I've been unhappily unaware of them until now.
    Another Traditional Costume Parade in Teisendorf with 11 unions: I showed my friend this the other day because it BLEW MY MIND! so much ...too much to type up. I told him: "Man, it looks like ALL! of Teisendorf showed up to MARCH! in the PARADE!," lol. ...so SUPER COOL!!!
    Südtiroler Tanzlmusi: ...I have a Schweizervolksmusik CD with Musik similar to this (entirely instrumental music)...lovely stuff.
    Neuneralm Musi:...ahhhh, some of the Bilder in this slideshow are breathtaking! ...love the cowbells @ the start ...the scene @ circa :28 reminds me quite a bit of Scottish functions/fests/games I've been too over my life, although the flags would be tartans, the dresses (& kilts) would be in tartan, etc. (comparing cultures with this)...I LOVE! this Lied too...so awesome!

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Post 5 Comments:

@Thusnelda...ongoing overdue comments :

Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Annemarie from Rauris plays the Styrian harmonica and sings a jolly Bavarian folk song. How many of our members who speak or learned Standard German can understand our dialect?
    She is CUTE AS A BUTTON! and SO GOOD! it blows my mind really...SO ENTERTAINING!! If I can ever visit Rauris, she'll definitely be getting some of my attention. You're absolutely right, it is a jolly song indeed. I can understand some of it.
    An other one of Annemarie: "Der alte Jäger" She´s playing in a ski lodge for the skiers who stop for a bite to eat.
    I LOVE IT!, and she KNOWS! the Lied and lyrics SO WELL!, that she can perform it and LOOK! around the room and listen to what the others are saying/doing...that says a lot about her abilities, it really does. I told my pal while showing these of Annemarie to him and said that this maiden could really TOUR the U.S. playing Volkslieder if she wanted (or even work here full-time doing it)--it CAN be done and IS DONE by professional German musicians all the time.
    "Franzl Bayrischer" performed by Rinner Musi
    Do you know what kind of instrument that is which sounds like a piccolo, but I know it's not. (:-\ It's interesting the way they change the tune around quite a bit at the end too....very lovely and very old-fashioned methinks, especially with that 'instrument' which I don't have a name for, lol.
    "Leckmicha Marsch" (funny play of words...) performed by Herbert Pixner Trio
    ...ohhhh, these folks are SO AWESOME!! ...right up there at the TOP! of 'musicianship.' Ja, GOOD LUCK! 'marching' to THIS 1!!, lol.
    "Mittenwalder Ausschuß Gsang" with an old Bavarian folk song
    J., this is without question 1 of my VERY FAVORITES! among this whole collection you've so KINDLY! shown us. They harmonize so great together and the gal, for example, does it so casually, I can tell she's been doing that for a LONG TIME! (most of her life even, perhaps). Also, and this relates to America, this is the very sort of Volkslieder (from the Alps) that over the past few centuries made its way via German immigrants to America and made its way into forming and influencing 'Country' and 'Western' music (esp. the latter genre/style) over the past 150 yrs. or more here. E.g., if one watches OLD American 'cowboy' movies from the '30s & '40s, one can HEAR quite a lot songs LIKE/SIMILAR to this Bavarian Lied, although, sung in English, of course.
    Andrea Achleitner is an award-winning virtuosa on the Styrian harmonica:
    She's awesome and good-looking to go along with it, lol...pretty girls and pretty music almost never fail in the 'musical marketplace'... ...ahh, here we have another example of non-Bavarian (i.e., Austrian), correct?

PROST!! J.!!!! und VIELEN DANK!!!!!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 23rd, 2019 @ 10:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Bayern und Ostmark

Bayern & Ostmark

Bavaria and Austria regardless of the original monarchies and then political entities and man made borders remains culturally the same Land and People.. For me I cannot see any difference especially Upper Austria and Salzburgerland etc etc where it is obvious to the unknowing tourist that they wouldnt know the difference if lost in the region without a map..

The Volksmusik at least for me is also the exact same if though some experts might disagree ..

This entire area is my Spiritual Heimat..

Volksmusik Brings Only Joy to my Soul.

DANKE AN ALLE UND GANZ BESONDERS THUSNELDA
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.
    http://www.rheinwiesenlager.de
    HISTORY IS NOT HISTORY - UNLESS IT IS THE 100% TRUTH

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Untersberger View Post
    Bayern & Ostmark Bavaria and Austria regardless of the original monarchies and then political entities and man made borders remains culturally the same Land and People..
    Genetically-speaking, Bavarians, Austrians, and Swiss are essentially the SAME VOLK (they are the most homogeneous 'mega-ethnicity' in Europe); and according to genetics, it would make perfect sense for them all to be in the same 'Reich' of their OWN, but that will never transpire, of course, and many folks want it that way...esp. the Swiss, lol. I'm paternally (i.e., straight back down my father's father-line) Schwyzerdütsch, by the way.
    For me I cannot see any difference especially Upper Austria and Salzburgerland etc etc where it is obvious to the unknowing tourist that they wouldnt know the difference if lost in the region without a map..
    ...indeed, in general.
    The Volksmusik at least for me is also the exact same if though some experts might disagree ..
    The experts surely would, hehe.
    This entire area is my Spiritual Heimat..
    I read ya'.
    Volksmusik Brings Only Joy to my Soul.
    Amen!
    DANKE AN ALLE UND GANZ BESONDERS THUSNELDA
    THUSNELDA!!!

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siđr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Well, thanks for the great feedback and individual reviews of the videos! I´m glad that my thread has left some impact and that I can give fellow Germanics all around the world an understanding of real traditional Bavarian Volksmusik. We must care for our roots before they disappear! That´s our job as Germanic preservationists.

I promise to make a new update soon, but it´s not easy to find proper videos in the web because the best sources are old TV records and cassettes, and you can´t find them on video portals like Youtube easily. But I´m going to find new material! Again, thank you for the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by +Suomut+ View Post
    I'm putting this up/in-here too from my profile-vid., Thusnelda, even though it's not Bavarian, but from what I've noticed or think I've noticed not all of the vids. you've posted in this thread are Bavarian, correct?
    You´re right, I post Bavarian videos from the state of Bavaria equally to Volksmusik from Austria. The reason is simple: Both are Bavarians! Both people have same roots and descend from the same Germanic tribe, the Bajuvarians. There´s no difference between Bavarian-Bavarian Volksmusik and Austrian-Bavarian Volksmusik. We´re of the same blood, ethnicity and culture so I never make a difference between my Bavaria and our Austrian neighbours because we´re like brothers and sisters. (Well, okay, sometimes I make a difference to tease our beloved Tyrolean Sigurd! )

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    @Thusnelda

Do you maybe have some texts of Bavarian folk songs in both Bavarian & standard German to post? Or perhaps have a link to some website containing such? I'm interested in picking up some words and I think it would be a great way to do it
    I´ll look into it. Finding texts with Bavarian lyrics is very easy, we´ve tons at home (my family collects Bavarian cultural assets) but it´s hard to find a translation in Standard German. I could translate some texts into Standard German by myself. Give me some time to find interesting lyrics...like the song about the rattling steam machine.
    Blaskapelle Ainring: Ruetz-Marsch: I'd pay ADMISSION! to witness this!, lol, hehe. ...LOVE IT!! What's the deal with these parades and associated fests (Festzug?) too (I'm sure)? Are these done/put on by many Bavarian Dörfer, etc. annually as local celebrations? I've been unhappily unaware of them until now.
    These parades and associated fests take place in every larger village regularly and annually. They´re part of our vibrant and living village culture and the center of the yearly events. There´re Trachtenvereine (societies for traditional costumes), Feuerwehrvereine (firefighter societes), Jugendvereine, Sportvereine, Musikkappellen and other societies who organize and plan such Festumzüge and all societies of the village are involved. Some fests are flexible (like the 200th anniversary of a specific village society) or inflexible (like the "Maibaumaufstellen").
    Do you know what kind of instrument that is which sounds like a piccolo, but I know it's not. (:-\
    Sorry, I don´t know it either. I could ask someone of my friends who should know it, though.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Die Hegl

Im wondering how is the Volksmusik group 'Die Hegl" considered?

Especially as they have become quite commercial the last years???

Dear Thusnelda if I may ask your sincere valued opinion ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcudD...eature=related
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Last Online
    Monday, May 23rd, 2011 @ 06:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    german
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single adult
    Occupation
    artist
    Politics
    none
    Religion
    pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you for these links I'm into industrial music and I can't stop listening to these now! ahahah

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Various...

Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Well, thanks for the great feedback and individual reviews of the videos!...We must care for our roots before they disappear! That´s our job as Germanic preservationists.
    You're very welcome and HEAR!, HEAR!
    But I´m going to find new material!
    You know I'll! be watching them when they arrive.
    The reason is simple: Both are Bavarians! Both people have same roots and descend from the same Germanic tribe, the Bajuvarians.
    I look forward to the day when the folk-music(s) of Seaxeland ('England') and Sachsen are considered the SAME!, , hahaha...jast kiddin'.
    There´s no difference between Bavarian-Bavarian Volksmusik and Austrian-Bavarian Volksmusik. We´re of the same blood, ethnicity and culture so I never make a difference between my Bavaria and our Austrian neighbours because we´re like brothers and sisters. (Well, okay, sometimes I make a difference to tease our beloved Tyrolean Sigurd! )
    I read/hear you sweetheart.
    These parades and associated fests take place in every larger village regularly and annually. They´re part of our vibrant and living village culture and the center of the yearly events. There´re Trachtenvereine (societies for traditional costumes), Feuerwehrvereine (firefighter societes), Jugendvereine, Sportvereine, Musikkappellen and other societies who organize and plan such Festumzüge and all societies of the village are involved. Some fests are flexible (like the 200th anniversary of a specific village society) or inflexible (like the "Maibaumaufstellen").
    I am SO!, SO!, SO!, VERY HAPPY! to see and read of ALL! of this, J., I mean, is there ANY OTHER??? region of Deutschland that can come in any way CLOSE!? to all of this?!?--dare I type/say: NEIN!

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Untersberger View Post
    Im wondering how is the Volksmusik group 'Die Hegl" considered?...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcudD...eature=related
    I like that Unters. I like this 1 too I found by them:--vThis is apparently some kind of "Dutch Oktoberfest"--WOW! the ALPS! go to the FLATLANDS!!!, lol.

Also...off to another group, I found these folks/family "Ötztal Trio," are these folks Tirolers? Now, I like this and these folks A LOT!!!...--v...y'all, God knows, I can listen to JODELN! for HOURS! on end, lol, , surely must be the SWISS! in me. . *PROST!* thine GREAT! MUSIK! LOVERS!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Volksmusik

Just wish more of the Skadi members would take the time to listen to this absolutely cultural aspiring music.. I do appreciate its not for everyone but you would be surprised how awe inspiring it really can be for your Soul in these more than terrible testing times upon us..

Absolutely Love It..
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast