@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Time to Exorcise Ghost Immigration Consultants

And just last week it was revealed that the RCMP is investigating a case in which 300 people claimed to be living at the same address, This is not a unique situation, as shady agents often attempt to get around residency requirements by advising prospective immigrants to falsely claim they've been living in Canada.

Many immigrants, leaving less than ideal circumstances in their own countries, choose to come to Canada in search of a better life. It’s sad, then, that the first experience many of these vulnerable people have in Canada is one of exploitation.

The Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants drew attention to this problem last week, with the announcement of a $1-million advertising campaign. The campaign, which features the image of a shark attacking a seal, draws attention to the fact the unscrupulous, unaccredited immigration consultants — known as “ghost” consultants — treat prospective immigrants as prey. The ads will appear in a number of languages and will include a toll-free line to help immigrants find an accredited consultant.

The society, which was created in 2004, accredits and educates consultants, and by law, members are only allowed to take money in exchange for help in the immigration process. The problem, however, is that consultants need not be members of the society, and those who aren’t frequently fleece prospective immigrants out of thousands of dollars.

For example, a Surrey woman recently claimed more than $50,000 had been illegally transferred from an account she had set up on the advice of Fereydoun Hadad, a West Vancouver immigration consultant. Hadad pleaded guilty in January to charges of fraud and uttering a forged document, and he will be sentenced in March.

And just last week it was revealed that the RCMP is investigating a case in which 300 people claimed to be living at the same address, This is not a unique situation, as shady agents often attempt to get around residency requirements by advising prospective immigrants to falsely claim they’ve been living in Canada.
    http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...n-consultants/

Last Online
    Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 @ 06:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    German-Canadian
    Ancestry
    German,English, Norweigan, Spanish/Portuguese
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    Student
    Politics
    Folkish Libertarian
    Religion
    Philospher
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I myself had an experience in South Africa where an Indian man asked my mother to pretend to be his relative in order to help him come to Canada (she is not and doesn't look the least bit Indian)! We obviously said no, but I'm sure it would have worked. Illegals have total impunity, and can generally find their community so that English isn't even a necessity (look at Chinatown, or Indian dominated places like Surrey, BC).