Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Heimat/Home

Show us why you love your home. Here in Bavaria we call the feeling of strong connection to the environment of our birth "Hoamat".

I want to see your hoamat. I´ll show you mine: The small villages, forests, meadows and fields around my residence and the cradle of my family. Here´s Thusnilda of Skadi hiding - in the low mountain range of the Bavarian Forest, in the rural middle of nothing...and it feels good!

The shots are self-made. I made the first one last autumn and all other ones, the ones with a lot of snow, last week. The magical lighting conditions and the beauty of the snow invited me to make use of my mobile camera while driving over the roads of my hoamat. I parked my car and the winter sun did the rest. I´m pretty sure our ancestors felt the same strong connection to their soil. We must preserve these feelings. That´s the reason why we´re here.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Sunday, November 20th, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    those pictures are fabulous. absolutely stunning. i wish i lived there

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    The shots are self-made. I made the first one last autumn and all other ones, the ones with a lot of snow, last week. The magical lighting conditions and the beauty of the snow invited me to make use of my mobile camera while driving over the roads of my hoamat. I parked my car and the winter sun did the rest.
    Es scheint mir dass ich da gewesen bin... in meinen Träumen. Sehr schön!

English:

It seems to me that I've been there ... in my dreams. Very nice!
    Last edited by SpearBrave; Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: should use english, when posting in common threads.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grøde.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	103657

Name:	DSC_0449.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	103658

Name:	DSC_0072.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	103659

Name:	nattilfredag 001.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	789.6 KB 
ID:	103660

Name:	bilder 051.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	103661

Name:	DSC_0092mindre.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	103662

Name:	DSC_0094.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	103663

Name:	bilder 013.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	103664

Name:	katt15mai.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	103665

Name:	19.-Mai-006.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	103666

Some different pictures from home. Havnt taken any pictures for a while, have been depressed. Hope you like them. The last picture is from a harbor that was built here of the Germans during the war. They made alot of bunkers and fortications around here, and the largest submarine bunker in northeurope during WW2 is in my town. Pretty fun to go explore Sadly the state has filled most of them with cement.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    22 Hours Ago @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Meine Heimat

My Home is Budapest and its suburbal area. This city has one of the most extreme enviroments. The main axis of the city is the Danube, Europa 2nd greatest river (the greatest the Volga).

The West Bank is a chain of mountains and stream valleys, the East Bank is a plain with low hills like as Vienna or Berlin. The city originally was two city in the two bank of the river. Buda (Ofen in German) is in the West Bank and Pest is in the East Bank. 150 years ago the whole nowadays Budapest and the villages around were German, mostly Bavarian-descented towns and villages.

After the foundation of the Double-Monarchia, Austria-Hungary had a new, second capitol, the twin city what has becomen Budapest with the merge of Old-Buda (Alt Ofen, this was Aquincum, the roman capitol of the Pannonia Province) and other towns and villages. The percentations of the inhabitants quickly changed as many Hungarian and Slovakian family went to the German city and both the Germans and Slovakians have assimilated to the Hungarians. Many of the great politician and architect of that age were German. Nowadays the remain of the German inhabitants live in the several suburbal area, especially in the West Bank mountainous area as Budaörs (Wudersch), Budakeszi (Budigesch), Solymár (Schaumar), Vörösvár (Werischwar).

After the introduction of the place I show few picture about the main characteristics the City and its suburbal area.

The main road of the City is the Danube (in Hungarian German, Dunai like as Doo-ny). The Budai-mountains' legs spread to the river and in the river, there are some reef on the West side of the river. The people use to boating, kayaking and kanoeing. Before the Downtown there are places where the people use to swimming, but it is forbidden. However the water is clear and good, I tried it. The river has many island to rest or to enjoy the party. Where the old German shipfactory was, now there is one of the party-centre of the City.

Downtown of Budapest

Here is the Haus der Ungarndeutschen (the Hause of Germans in Hungary)

The Downtown is in the East Bank with huge state buildings, temples, boulvards and avenues like as in other Capitols in the Earth. Outer in Gödöllő suburb is the Imperial-Royal castle of the Austrian Emperor-Kings. This was Queen Sissy best place in Hungary, she spent a lot of time there.

The West Bank is the more interesting, first of all, I and my relatives live hear , second of all the terrain start grow here. The rocky mountain of Gellért (named after the martyr Gerhard German bishop or Kelenberg, Osterberg, Blocksberg) peak is above the Danube cca. 135 metres. We can travel with public transport to the full forest area cca. 30-40 minutes. In the deep of the forest is the peak of the Budai-Mountains, the Nagy-Kopasz (The Great-Bald, well, it is full of forest, just under the Mediaeval the mountains around Buda were bald) above the Danube cca. 459 metres.

In the sides of the Budai-Mountains are the villages with the remain of the German population of the area. Many of them deported to Germany as "war crimer". However nowadays these villages have hold the main blocks of the Germans in the suburbs of Budapest. Side by side Germans had deported from the East Bank of the Danube too.

Deportation Memorial in Soroksár (Markt), Budapest

My favourite is Budaörs (Wudersch). The communists had build a motorway to Vienna near the city, hence now that part is full of factories and malls and the side of the mountains has becomen a favourite living-place of the Hungarian "New-Money" whos have becomen rich after the Fall of the Communism. However there is an original German hause as Museum of German traditions (Jakob Bleyer Heimatmuseum).

The core of the village full of old German hauses and an old Catholic temple.
    The best part of the place is the Budaörsi-Mountain what is a most rocky part of the Budai-Mountains. One of the best feeling when the man goes out the forest to the rocky part and there is the panorama what till this moment was hidden by the pines. Yes, the Budai-Mountains is full of pines, my favourite tree of mine, I love their smell. The most of the mountains and places had German names as Lochenberg (Holed-Mountain) or Wolfenberg (I think this is obivious). The most interesting name is the Türkensprung (obivious). The story of the name is when the Austrians reconquered Buda, a small turkish squadron was surrounded, theirs only way was the deep, rocky abyss. They had chosen the certain death than they resign, hence they had ridden with full speed to the death. Heroic story, isn't it. I think the contemporary BR-DDR goverment would ban that name as "racist".

The Lochenberg

The Türkensprung

I think my lines have maden a good picture of my Heimat and some of you once visit this beautiful city in the future.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/