Thread: Raped by Their Saviours: How the Survivors of Auschwitz Escaped One Nightmare Only to Face Another Unimaginable Ordeal

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    668 Posts

Raped by Their Saviours: How the Survivors of Auschwitz Escaped One Nightmare Only to Face Another Unimaginable Ordeal

Although some Holocaust survivors truly found joy after being freed from Auschwitz, for many it was a very different story - and one that most definitely does not offer us a happy ending. A story of abuse, rape, theft and terrible betrayal.

For a start, despite being friendly to the victims, the Russians were strangely unaffected by what they saw at Auschwitz.

Indeed, the liberation was hardly reported in the Soviet Press - on February 2, 1945, there was a small report in Pravda, but hardly the coverage you would imagine.

One reason is that many of the Soviet soldiers who first arrived at Auschwitz had themselves endured horrors beyond imagining on the Eastern Front. 'I had seen towns destroyed,' said Ivan Martynushkin, one of the liberating soldiers. 'I had seen the destruction of villages. I had seen the suffering of our own people. 'I had seen small children maimed. There was not one village which had not experienced this horror, this tragedy, these sufferings.'

To such soldiers, Auschwitz was just one more terrible sight in a war already overflowing with atrocity.

Another factor was that the Soviets wanted to make political capital out of the death camps. Their Marxist propaganda downplayed the suffering of the Jews - even though out of the 1,100,000 people killed at Auschwitz, 1,000,000 <cite>were Jews - in order to claim that the murder factory was an example of fascist capitalism's exploitation of expendable workers.

In Soviet minds, there was little suggestion that this was genocide, no real belief that the souls they had liberated deserved special sympathy. After liberating Auschwitz, the Red Army marched on to attack Berlin and 'trap the fascist beast in his lair'. And the survivors they had set free were left to find their own way home from the torment they had suffered in Poland.

This was a time when Eastern Europe was awash with the human debris of the war. Millions of civilians were travelling - some to try to get home, others to escape from the brutal Soviet advance. And the newly liberated prisoners of Auschwitz joined that great river of humanity.

Two of them were Helena Citronova and her elder sister. Helena was a pretty young woman in her early 20s; her sister was ten years her senior - but looked almost old enough to be her mother. Helena and her sister trudged the roads of Poland by day, trying to get home to Czechoslovakia, and then sheltered in hedgerows or barns at night. Often, they would share whatever shelter they could find with other women, also newly freed from Nazi camps.

They soon discovered that, in the darkness, Red Army soldiers would search for women. 'They were drunk - totally drunk,' says Helena. 'They were wild animals.' Red Army soldiers looked 'for cute girls and raped them'. In order to try to escape the attentions of the Soviet soldiers, Helena would often hide, helped by her older sister who would make herself look as unattractive as possible.

As a result, it was the other women cowering alongside them who suffered. And Helena was all too aware of exactly what was happening: 'I heard screaming until they were quiet and had no more strength left. 'There were cases where they were raped to death. They strangled them.

'I turned my head because I didn't want to see because I couldn't help them. 'I was afraid they would rape my sister and me. They were animals. No matter where we hid, they found our hiding places and raped some of my girlfriends. 'They did horrible things to them. Right up to the last minute we couldn't believe that we were still meant to survive. ' We thought if we didn't die of the Germans, we'd die of the Russians.'

One day, just weeks after she had been liberated from Auschwitz, and while she and her sister were still trying to make their way home, Helena managed to borrow a bicycle and went for a ride. It was one of the first moments of joy she had felt for years. With the sun on her back, the wind in her air and the fresh countryside around her, she finally felt free.

After she had ridden for a little while, she stopped by the side of the country road for a rest. Then she saw a Red Army soldier approaching on a motorbike. The soldier stopped and looked at Helena, bright and pretty in front of him. 'He'd seen a young woman,' says Helena. 'He threw his motorcycle down and a terrible battle began.

'I don't know how I managed to get away from this cruel Russian soldier, this criminal. He hadn't had sex in a long time but he did not manage to rape me. 'I kicked and I bit and I screamed and he asked me all the time if I was German. I said: "No, I am Jewish from the camp." 'I showed him the number on my arm. And at that moment he recoiled. Maybe he himself was Jewish. 'I don't know what he was. He turned, stood up and ran.'

Helena and her sister finally managed to make it back to their home, and from there they emigrated to Israel, where at last they felt able to put their horrendous experiences at the hands of both the Nazis and the Red Army behind them.

The exact number of sexual attacks perpetrated by Soviet soldiers as they advanced through Germany, and then in the immediate aftermath of the war, will never be known, but the figure is certainly in the hundreds of thousands if not millions.

The revelation that women who had already endured so much mistreatment in camps such as Auschwitz were then subsequently raped by their liberators adds a grotesque level of nausea to the story that did not exist before.
    Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...le-ordeal.html

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 @ 12:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Another part of WW2 left out of the mainstream history books. The atrocities by the Red Army started against their own soldiers via the NKVD first and then Russian civilians whom happened to be inside the German lines and accused of collaboration and murdered for mere suspicion. Russian women freed from labour camps were also subjected to the mass collective raping of the Red Army of the Soviet Union. Soviet POW's when liberated were crammed into cattle wagon trains and sent to Siberian gulags as traitors to the USSR for allowing themselves to be taken prisoner.

The Leaders of the western allies turned a deliberate blind eye to all of this and as far as open history goes they still do to the present day. The USSR was supported by the Governments of the USA and UK and as a result of this allowed an entire half of Europe to be enslaved under the fist of Bolshevik rule.

These people have a lot to answer for as their manic obsession to stop Germany evolving as a natural superpower went to the barbaric depths of supporting the most evil regime Europe has ever had to encounter at the cost of millions upon millions upon millions of human lives. Even at wars end the killing went on and on and the western allies were happy to hand over whom ever Stalins executioners were demanding..

The truth continues to come out and the facts will continue to point the finger at the real evil bastards of WW2.
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.
    http://www.rheinwiesenlager.de
    HISTORY IS NOT HISTORY - UNLESS IT IS THE 100% TRUTH

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    I remember a comment about a Dutch communist politician. He basically said he did not believe the Red Army raped any women, because he knew of no cases of Dutch women being raped by the German military.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    More like: "but the figure is certainly in the millions". Sad that the author despite what he himself has written in effect tries to downplay what happened by suggesting it may only have been "hundreds of thousands".