Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Apartheid Revisionism

Did Apartheid kill Millions of Blacks?

I followed a thread where people were discussing my article "Ten Years After Apartheid: The Raw Facts".

To my amazement, some foreigner, who seemed to be an African American, made the statement that "Apartheid killed MILLIONS of Blacks!" I nearly fell off my chair.

Every now and then on my website I get someone who wants to come up with this argument that Apartheid killed so terribly many blacks.

I like to ask them for a number. So how many blacks did you read/hear/believe were killed by Apartheid?

And so far, not one person has come back to me with an answer - not even a vague one.

Why? Because... there are all these insinuations of how cruel Apartheid was, and how horrible it was... but nobody can ever even guess at the actual number killed - or any number. Its all so vague... Which says to me, they have no facts. There are hardly any books or reference works out there with a valid count. And if they were to see a count, then it would look so silly compared to other historical facts.

Let me explain. If you want to know how many people were killed in World War II, you can look it up in a history book or encyclopaedia, and it will say: 50 million. Historians will tell you - so many died during the American Civil war. So many died, during the Napoleonic wars. We even know how many Romans were killed at Cannae by Hannibal more than 2,000 years ago. We know numbers, about things that happened - even thousands of years ago.

We can read that 49 million died in the Chinese Civil war, or 30,000 died during the Rhodesian Bush war, or Mugabe murdered 20,000 blacks in 1985 or one million were murdered during the Rwandan genocide.

But ask anyone how many people were murdered by Apartheid and see if anyone can give you any type of figure that sounds, even vaguely authoritative. And 99% of the time... nobody can tell you... because such figures, if they exist, can't be known to many. And maybe if they were broadly known, wouldn't appear so impressive. Instead, vague insinuations sound much more impressive.

Yeah... so Apartheid killed millions? Well... if so... where are the graves? Consider... Saddam didn't kill millions... he killed some tens of thousands... but they found the graves and remains. There is much film footage showing the million Rwandans who died. But where will you find the remains of, or the film footage of great massacres of blacks by White South Africans?

You won't find any... because it doesn't exist.

In fact, if some of you will cast your minds back to 1994 when the world's attention was focussed on South Africa, and every news agency of note on the planet was here for our first "democratic elections", then maybe you will remember the following story: Some black guy came forward saying he knew where Mass Graves of murdered blacks existed. So the news media rushed off to report on this. He said: Dig over there... So they brought in bulldozers and earth-moving equipment and dug all day long while the cameras were rolling... to film the first Mass Graves of blacks slaughtered by the Evil White Apartheid Regime... but they found nothing!! "Damn!" said the black guy, "I forgot... its not there... its over THERE!!!"... so they dug in the new spot... And so it went on for a whole week, digging here, digging there... nothing being found until everyone lost interest. But nobody went back to say: WE NEVER FOUND THE MASS GRAVES THAT LYING BLACK BASTARD SAID EXISTED!! No... everyone just quietly forgot it all. So no - there are no mass graves... THEY DON'T EXIST EXCEPT IN PEOPLE'S IMAGINATIONS.

The concept that Apartheid was this great slaughter-house of black people is a vague propaganda concept that has no place in reality, and nobody, not even the opponents of Apartheid can honestly come up with any number of dead that can be correlated with the known facts.

What was Apartheid's most brutal moment? Ah! They will tell you the Sharpeville Massacre!! Everybody has heard of the Sharpville massacre where they mowed the blacks down with machine-guns. Sure. So how many died? Well, even according to the ANC, 69 blacks were shot. Oh! They were shot in the back running away! Yeah... like that makes it worse. As if the Rwandans did not shoot people in the back, or the Russians, Chinese and NAZIs didn't do the same!!

Still... 69 dead - that's a far cry from MILLIONS don't you think?

Still no numbers?

The ANC plays the same game. A government minister, speaking in parliament one day, a few years ago said: "AIDS has killed even more people than Apartheid!"

WOW!!!

So how many people does AIDS kill? Well, currently its estimated AIDS kills over 250,000 people (most of which are black), every year. Millions have already died...

So what is he saying? Apartheid killed hundreds of thousands of blacks? Apartheid killed maybe a million or maybe SEVERAL MILLION?

Its a nice slur... but again... are there any historians who have added up the numbers and then what did they come up with?

Well, I've only heard one number - EVER. I can't remember the source. But it said that Apartheid killed 20,000 blacks during the 48 years the country was run under that system.

That works out to: 416 blacks killed per annum or, just over 1.1 black deaths per day. Hmmmm... more than 400 blacks are killed on the roads during an average Easter weekend...

Funny... Robert Mugabe, in 1985 alone, sent in the Korean trained 5th Brigade and killed 20,000 blacks in 1985 alone. And yes... the bodies did exist... they found them thrown down wells... and entire villages were wiped out.

Let's take the Rwandan genocide where 1 million were killed. Let me point out, that its not the first genocide Rwanda has had either. They have had genocide there before.

Consider this: If 1 million blacks were killed in Rwanda (which has a population of less than that of South Africa), then that is equivalent to FIFTY TIMES the number of blacks who died under Apartheid in 48 years!!

One million black Angolans died in their 25 year civil war.

If you go through Africa, country by country, and consider the various atrocities and black on black violence that took place there, you will find that blacks killed tens of millions of other blacks, and many times, nobody said a thing about it.

Consider that in the DRC (formerly Zaire), there was a war a few years ago when the Marxist Kabila was under attack. Eleven black nations were involved in that. 2.5 million blacks died. That is more than 125 times the number of blacks supposedly killed by Apartheid. But nobody says anything about that.

The real reason they jump all over the White South Africans is because - they were WHITE. And we have this whole double standard on this planet that whites are not allowed to kill blacks. Blacks can kill whites - and that's pretty cool and wonderful when it happens, because the white buggers had it coming to them ANYWAY!!! And blacks can kill blacks - as many as they want, as horrifically as they want - and its all fine and dandy and nobody will even bat an eye-lid at it. But when a white does anything! Woe to him!! When the murder victim is white and the murderer is black - its cool. The white dog got what was coming to him!!

I'm not even sure how accurate the 20,000 deaths under Apartheid is. It is a figure I heard once on TV. It may even be overblown. But when I heard it - I laughed - because in the grand scheme of things on this planet its minor trivia.

I have yet to see a proper historian assigning a value to the number of blacks killed under Apartheid, and to see how he arrived at that. But this notion that Apartheid slaughtered hundreds of thousands, probably MILLIONS of blacks is a load of rubbish. Anyone who even opens his mouth to insinuate such a thing deserves to have his teeth kicked out - because there's not one sliver of evidence to support that ridiculous notion.

Jan.
    http://www.africancrisis.org/Ph_News_2931.asp

Because we Afrikaners want a revisionist thread too, well maybe just me and the the persone who wrote this piece...
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Apparently a report by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission puts the number of politically-related black deaths during Apartheid at only 900. An encounter between Dan Roodt and government officials concerning this number is described here.

That said, the correct (or revised) number will only serve as a stopgap for excessive guilt trappings. In terms of revitalizing an ethnocentric Afrikaner nationalism, I see no benefit from revising deathcount particulars beyond that.

What needs to be revised is modern day Afrikaners' perception and understanding of the Apartheid era - the larger picture as is relevant to the continuous history of our folk. We need to educate our children and reeducate our contemporaries as to the origins, reasons, theory, practice and practical problems of the Apartheid era government, reevaluate how much or little of it was built on Afrikaner (and then Germanic) culture and values, how well it served us in those terms, and how we can redesign a more appropriate society for ourselves in the future based on our conclusions.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    During the period between 1948 (when Apartheid became the official policy in South Africa) to 1994 the Bantu population in South Africa more then tripled. That hardly sounds like genocide. On the contrary, since the ANC has took over in South Africa the White population has decreased by about 20%.