Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

Thumbs Up Former Ariz. Congressman Plans Run Against McCain

PHOENIX -- Former Arizona Congressman J.D. Hayworth says he's planning to run against John McCain for his U.S. Senate seat.

Hayworth told The Associated Press late Friday that he stepped down as host of his radio program on KFYI-AM, a conservative radio talk show in Phoenix. Legally, he wouldn't be able to host the program and be an active candidate.

Hayworth was ousted from his Congressional seat in 2007 after 12 years in office by Democrat Harry Mitchell, and has hosted the radio show for the past few years.

Hayworth says he's not formally announcing a run for the Senate seat, but that "we're moving forward to challenge John McCain."

He added that he's had a wonderful time at KFYI, but "it's time to enter public life again."

Source

This is great news, all that is needed to defeat McCain in the Republican primary is a viable candidate. Hayworth was a sportscaster in Phoenix before he was elected to congress in 1994. He was defeated in 2006 by a combination of the Bush-backlash & by changing demographics in the Az 1st district (liberal Californians moving in to escape the immigration disaster in California). Hayworth would definitely take a harder position on illegal immigration & social issues then McCain ever has. A black mark against Hayworth is that he supported the Bush war on terror.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    They are all part of the mafia. I don't vote anymore for repubs (never voted for democrats and will never do).

The clean up of congress has to be done with new faces and a party which is not corrupted.. The old paries will have a nice rhethorik as always. I don't believe in anythink of those guys anymore.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    They are the same party. I have also lost confidence in the system. I find the counting of the votes highly questionable anyway. The only thing that makes sense to me is a total revolution in governance. But yeah whenever I vote I mainly vote for libertarians wherever I see them. Repubs/Dems represent the same thing anymore. We can see this in that whenever it suits them they seem to switch sides and yet their policies never really change.

Though I think for true "democracy" to flourish you would need a transparent voting system: this would mean small voting polls and each person's vote made public along with their contact information. It could be organized in a heirarchy. Local districts vote for their representatie in a pool of say 1,000-5,000 votes. The representative casts 1 vote for the next high up person again in a pool of about 1,000 people and so on up the line to the highest office. Each person's vote should reflect the people he represents, but anyone in the public could easily research voter fraud. Each vote also counts in a pool of 1,000.

Secondly I would force people to "earn" their vote by having a minimal education and a minimal knowledge of the issues as well as attend a town hall meeting to discuss issues with other people. I just don't see how incompetent and uneducated votes that clog up the system have any use. Most people I have talked to who vote just randomly pick a name or just vote for whoever is new etc. Usually they vote on whoever had the most advertisements. Maybe 10% of the voting poll is basing their vote on issues.

By contrast today we have 1 vote in 10 million which is essentially meaningless. Then it is all secretive and dead people vote, some people's votes get counted, others don't. Jeb Bush owned the company that made the voting machines in Florida which magikcally messed up to allow his brother to win. If we post all votes public anyone can say hey "my vote wasn't counted". Anybody could do the math as well or investigate the people who voted. Yes it leaves open the possibility that some people can be attacked by others for who they voted for but law enforcement can protect them or they can stand up for themselves. It just seems like a better system.
    “success and survival are above all the rule of life. As such it is the highest command of moral law” –Lord Livwell (me)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post

This is great news, all that is needed to defeat McCain in the Republican primary is a viable candidate. Hayworth was a sportscaster in Phoenix before he was elected to congress in 1994. He was defeated in 2006 by a combination of the Bush-backlash & by changing demographics in the Az 1st district (liberal Californians moving in to escape the immigration disaster in California). Hayworth would definitely take a harder position on illegal immigration & social issues then McCain ever has. A black mark against Hayworth is that he supported the Bush war on terror.
    I don't see it as a black mark to retaliate against Islamist cavemen who ram planes into our buildings. Otherwise we're in agreement. One early poll indicated such a race would be a dead heat.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    What did 9/11 have to do with the war in Iraq? And the war in Afghanistan has been going on for 8-years. We need to step back & ask just what the War on Terror is really about?