Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: General Patton's Warning

  1. #31
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    52
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,789
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,297
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian roots View Post
    I think it would have been a tall order to defeat the Red Army in 1945. We did not have any more atom bombs. Why use them anyways? There is nothing to gain out of a nuclear wasteland. Also, I think he was delusional. The Soviets had better armor. The T-34 and the JS series was better than any American tank at that time and Soviet artillery was just as good as what ours was. Just not as accurate. But they had three times as much. They were a very seasoned army. Why did he think the U.S. would so easily defeat them? Nobody else had or has. Their infantry was better and more experienced. The only hope was that Soviet logistics dried up.
    Armies move and fight with their stomachs, the USSR at the time was relying very heavily on food and other war material from the US. Most people do not realize the industrial/agricultural might of the US at the time. The US was producing so much war material during the time period that there is still surplus even to this day.

    Had Patton and the US armed the German POWs and gave them food and fuel it would have been over quicker than most realize.

    I don't think the T34 was as great as all the propaganda has made it out to be. It was under gunned and very slow and heavy. There is still a huge amount of anti-German sentiment out there when it comes to WWII. So one way to make the Germans look bad is to make the USSR look good.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    German, Slavic, French, Italian
    Ancestry
    Germany(Bavaria, Schleswig Holstein), Italy, Poland, Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Armies move and fight with their stomachs, the USSR at the time was relying very heavily on food and other war material from the US. Most people do not realize the industrial/agricultural might of the US at the time. The US was producing so much war material during the time period that there is still surplus even to this day.

    Had Patton and the US armed the German POWs and gave them food and fuel it would have been over quicker than most realize.

    I don't think the T34 was as great as all the propaganda has made it out to be. It was under gunned and very slow and heavy. There is still a huge amount of anti-German sentiment out there when it comes to WWII. So one way to make the Germans look bad is to make the USSR look good.
    Very slow and heavy? You might want to do some real research on the T-34 and compare it to the competition. The T-34/85 under gunned? Hahaha

  3. #33
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    52
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,789
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,297
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian roots View Post
    Very slow and heavy? You might want to do some real research on the T-34 and compare it to the competition. The T-34/85 under gunned? Hahaha
    Oh yes the awesome T-34 it was so great it won the war, yet Stalin needed England and America to open a third front in France.

    No matter how good their tank was or was not, without US help in supplies the USSR would have not have made it against the Germans, let alone withstood a prolonged war after the German defeat.

    The USSRs biggest strength was they had numbers not usually the best troops, look at kill ratios compared to the Germans, but as I stated armies fight on their stomachs.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Friday, June 22nd, 2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Lowland Scots, Pennsylvania German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pugetopolis
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pixels
    Politics
    Public Lands Libertarian
    Religion
    Gnostic
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    The USSRs biggest strength was they had numbers not usually the best troops, look at kill ratios compared to the Germans, but as I stated armies fight on their stomachs.
    I think much of the power of the USSR in WWII was their ability to absorb losses.

    If any American General had so casually sent his troops to die in the numbers that Soviet generals did there would have been riots in US cities.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    German, Slavic, French, Italian
    Ancestry
    Germany(Bavaria, Schleswig Holstein), Italy, Poland, Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Oh yes the awesome T-34 it was so great it won the war, yet Stalin needed England and America to open a third front in France.

    No matter how good their tank was or was not, without US help in supplies the USSR would have not have made it against the Germans, let alone withstood a prolonged war after the German defeat.

    The USSRs biggest strength was they had numbers not usually the best troops, look at kill ratios compared to the Germans, but as I stated armies fight on their stomachs.
    The German army had been preparing for war since 1933 and the German soldier grew up in a military environment. Of course the German soldier was more tactically sound. I had a ancestor who served in Waffen SS Charlemagne. I know plenty about this war.

  6. #36
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    52
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,789
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,297
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian roots View Post
    The German army had been preparing for war since 1933 and the German soldier grew up in a military environment. Of course the German soldier was more tactically sound. I had a ancestor who served in Waffen SS Charlemagne. I know plenty about this war.
    This is actually a myth that Germany was preparing for since 1933. It was actually true however that Stalin had a military purge to get ready for war. It can be argued over whether AH was just making preemptive strike or he knew war with the USSR going to happen and tried to take advantage of the purge Stalin had.

    My father lived grew up in Bavaria during and after the war was in the HJ, and many relatives that were military people including SS, yet I am no expert but I do know why the war was fought and have a pretty good understanding of how and whys. The USSR and Stalin and that form of jewish communism is no friend of Germanics. I think Patton realized very much why Germany was at war and hence his warning against international jewry.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    German, Slavic, French, Italian
    Ancestry
    Germany(Bavaria, Schleswig Holstein), Italy, Poland, Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    This is actually a myth that Germany was preparing for since 1933. It was actually true however that Stalin had a military purge to get ready for war. It can be argued over whether AH was just making preemptive strike or he knew war with the USSR going to happen and tried to take advantage of the purge Stalin had.

    My father lived grew up in Bavaria during and after the war was in the HJ, and many relatives that were military people including SS, yet I am no expert but I do know why the war was fought and have a pretty good understanding of how and whys. The USSR and Stalin and that form of jewish communism is no friend of Germanics. I think Patton realized very much why Germany was at war and hence his warning against international jewry.
    So you don't think organizations like the Hitlerjugend are militaristic?

  8. #38
    Senior Member velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 10:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Gender
    Age
    45
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Posts
    4,750
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    913
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,061
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian roots View Post
    So you don't think organizations like the Hitlerjugend are militaristic?
    Let's put some perspective to that, shall we?

    Germany was, through the treaty of Versailles, entirely demilitarized. When there's no military, there's no way to defend yourself. Every nation has an army. Hitler reinstated that, of course. He would have been stupid if he hadnt, once in a position that allowed him to do so.

    Every nation around us had a standing army, but when we recreated ours, all the nations around us screamed "militarization", "evil Germans want to conquer the world", "evil Germany is agressive!!!111elf", etc.

    And when you've ever been to a Scout meeting, you'll just find the exact same thing you'd have found in Hitler Youth meetings. But while Scout's dress is all fine, Hitler Youth's dress was "militaristic!!!! danger danger danger", while "drill" in Scout groups is perfectly okay, in Hitler Youth's case it was "all just preparing for military to conquer the world".


    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

    my signature

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    German, Slavic, French, Italian
    Ancestry
    Germany(Bavaria, Schleswig Holstein), Italy, Poland, Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Let's put some perspective to that, shall we?

    Germany was, through the treaty of Versailles, entirely demilitarized. When there's no military, there's no way to defend yourself. Every nation has an army. Hitler reinstated that, of course. He would have been stupid if he hadnt, once in a position that allowed him to do so.

    Every nation around us had a standing army, but when we recreated ours, all the nations around us screamed "militarization", "evil Germans want to conquer the world", "evil Germany is agressive!!!111elf", etc.

    And when you've ever been to a Scout meeting, you'll just find the exact same thing you'd have found in Hitler Youth meetings. But while Scout's dress is all fine, Hitler Youth's dress was "militaristic!!!! danger danger danger", while "drill" in Scout groups is perfectly okay, in Hitler Youth's case it was "all just preparing for military to conquer the world".


    I'm not saying the Germans were the bad guys. What I am saying is I believe they believed they were going to have to fight another war and prepared for it accordingly.

  10. #40
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    52
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,789
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,297
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian roots View Post
    So you don't think organizations like the Hitlerjugend are militaristic?
    Velvet is correct, so are the Boy Scouts. I was in the military and now from time to time Boy Scouts come and I help them earn their Blacksmithing merit badges.

    Boy Scouts salute the flag- same military
    They wear uniforms -same as military
    They stand at attention in formation- same as military
    They earn badges ( medals ) same as military
    They follow a leadership command structure- same as military

    I'm sure there are more similarities.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Did Jews Kill General Patton?
    By Primus in forum Modern Age & Contemporary History
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Tuesday, July 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Monday, July 2nd, 2012, 02:30 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Friday, December 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM
  4. General Patton & The Wehrmacht
    By Imperial Wizard in forum Modern Age & Contemporary History
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 12:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •