Thread: Theodism - What Happened to Garman Lord?

Last Online
    Friday, February 19th, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English with small Irish, Welsh and Visigothic Spanish ancestry
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sad Theodism - What Happened to Garman Lord?

I recently read somewhere that he left Theodism and declared it defunct, does this mean he's going to get involved with Asatru, or is he jsut dropping out of the whole Germanic Heathen scene altogether?

If the founder of a system gives it up after thirty years practice does that say something about the system, or the founder?

Althouth i never liked the rigidity of Theodism i admired the passion for which the adherents pursued Anglo-Saxon and others' orthodox tribal beliefs based on historical source and reason, so are there any Theodsman out there informed on the matter who can tell me what happened to Garman?

Last Online
    Saturday, January 28th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English/Bavarian/'Boatie'
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Reconstructionist Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Regardless of what happened to Garman Lord, there are a number of people who learned Theodism from him and have continued his method within their own theods. The tradition continues...

Last Online
    Saturday, February 25th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian
    Subrace
    Friterpian
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    North Holland North Holland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Philosophy Student
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Traditionalist Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From what I've heard from insiders, the power he had as the groups founder kind of got to his head. Then his own 'theod' started to fall apart and he started watering down the requirements for being part of the movement, to get more people to enter it. It probably wasn't very satisfying and he ultimately grew so frustrated with his declining influence that he left altogether.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 13th, 2011 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Herbalist
    Religion
    Ecclectic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings

I was a member of Moody Hill Theod in the 90's I have been primarily a solitary practitioner since then. (Those who know the history will FULLY understand why)

Last Online
    Saturday, October 27th, 2018 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    british isles
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    divorced
    Occupation
    retired
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Theodish Belief
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KWulf View Post
    I recently read somewhere that he left Theodism and declared it defunct, does this mean he's going to get involved with Asatru, or is he jsut dropping out of the whole Germanic Heathen scene altogether?

If the founder of a system gives it up after thirty years practice does that say something about the system, or the founder?

Althouth i never liked the rigidity of Theodism i admired the passion for which the adherents pursued Anglo-Saxon and others' orthodox tribal beliefs based on historical source and reason, so are there any Theodsman out there informed on the matter who can tell me what happened to Garman?

I don't know where you heard that, but I think I can answer it, because I'm Garman Lord. On the advice of Woden, I stepped aside from leadership and am no longer active due to old age and failing health. I suppose you might call my current status "King Emeritus" or some such. We were in the midst of a coup d'etat attempt by Dan O'Halloran's Normanni Theod at the time, which caused a tsunami of disinformation about the status of Theodism in the community, needless to say, but neither I nor Theodism have gone anywhere, and Normanni Theod is now defunct and Dan O'Halloran currently serving a prison sentence, so that is presumably that. Oath breaking really does annoy the hel out of the gods; if you've got the brains of a turnip, you won't do it. Under the circumstances, it was not possible to establish an orderly succession of leadership. Having written and published THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN as a Greater Theodish manual, however, I have since been quietly encouraging a new generation of some of the more promising Theodish talent from the sidelines to start stepping up. Obviously this kind of transition is a difficult challenge for those geoguths finding themselves charged to catch the torch tossed from the failing hands of their elderfathers, but if the gods want Theodism to succeed, I'm sure all will be well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Garman Lord For This Useful Post: