Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Narcissist Behaviour

Are men more narcisist compared to women? I'm aware that everyone have a bit of narcissist behaviours which could be positive. However I'm more curious about the negative part of naccissit behaviour and how one could recognised them?

You are not a person to a narcissist and therefore you will never receive empathy from them. Your pain is invisible or, if pointed out, is of no consequence. If you cry, "You don't understand" that is true. Relating to, support of, caring what you experience, and understanding what you are going through, is not available in a relationship with a narcissist. You walk alone.

Relating to A Narcissist

Watching a narcissist ingratiate himself to those he wants to please and from whom he wants admiration, you becomes an observer of the morphing from one persona to another. When I see the calm demeanor, the charming pleaser, the one who "could not possibly ever rage", I am reminded of why dealing with a narcissist has been called living a war that never ends.

Finding out that someone you love has no understanding of others feelings and pain can hit like a ton of bricks. Every awakening experienced seems like the worst. "I never felt your pain." is how my husband showed me his narcissism. I had just finished telling him how I had always felt his pain and used that as an excuse for his behavior ("oh, he suffered so much, I'll let that go, I won't challenge him, he's had enough").

People wonder what is wrong with those that marry, live and stay with a narcissist. There is nothing wrong, except their fear of the Pandora Box Effect. If you challenge the status quo, find your voice, and let people know what living with this person is really like, you unleash enormous rage .

DISENGAGING

Disengaging from a narcissist is having a strength that wasn't there before. It is the strength to look at those who can not see your pain and not despair of their less than normal reaction. During a marriage you may not be fully cognizant of the situation. Emotional distancing and lack of questions about you or desire to know how you feel or to discuss problems is not normal. Living with a narcissist means never having to say, "I exist." It means acting as if you are sorry all the air isn't available for them. It's a rotten way to live. But we don't have to stay there once we know what we are dealing with.

Words have power. Name the illness and it loses some of its power. With a narcissist that isn't as easy as with other situations. He will not care that you have been hurt or damaged by him, he will not care that you are in pain or even dying. He will stop at nothing to hurt you if you go against him.
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    People accuse me of being Narcisistic if I tell them that I'm smarter or better than other people. I don't think they understand the meaning of the word. It means that you don't care about other people and have some unreasonable belief in your own greatness.

The same thing with arogance. It means you are more confident than you should be or over evaluate your ability. In the modern liberal sense that hates anybody that is better simply thinking yourself better than anyone else gives you the label of narcissist or arougant and so on. Foolish. Both these terms imply a detachment from reality. I think most welfare people and such are the most arougant and narcisstic people on earth. They think they are entitled to something without ever having to earn it.