Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are German Women Pretty? Why Not?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is this true that German women, per capita, are not as beautiful as for instance Scandinavian women? Even the Danish who are so close? My amcestry hails from Schleswig-Holstein, by the way.
    It's very subjective, and obviously there is a lot of variation. I would say my impression is that Germans (at least in the more northerly half) are very similar in their range of phenotypes. The kind of tall, slim blond look which is common in Scandinavia and seen as being an ideal human is very common in much of Germany (and the Netherlands for that matter). But on the other hand, the kind of look that comes to people's minds when they think of an "ugly German" is also probably just as typical of Scandinavia.

In fact it seems to me that in both places the large bodied, broad faced look with a tendency to overweightness is actually commoner than the "ideal" look which is often considered "typically Scandinavian".

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 @ 05:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Goodwinson-

I didn't know how many people thought this of Slavic women. I was speaking to someone (not the same ol' passive aggressive "friend") and I mentioned how stunning so many Slavic women are. She said, "yeah while they're young. But their beauty has an expiration date." I started to think that that much less likely due to genetics, but rather to living conditions. The farther east you go in the world, the harder life seems to be for its inhabitants. Countries that are not so industrialized age quicker, having children younger and being forced to go through the natural life stages sooner.
    And on that note, I actually thought more about my question today and realized this: It may not be fair for me to expect the "pretty per capita" amount that are in Scandinavian countries. After all, Germany has a HUGE population so the odds are better in a smaller country (I may be wrong aboput the probability), but anyway, there's just so many people to say whether the prettiness barometer goes one way or another. When people from other countries say women in America are ugly, I have to chuckle b/c I'm living in Southern California and from what I see of the girls in Stockholm, they look just like my neighbors here in California!
    Another thing I didn't take into account was that German girls love to dress punk-style. They dye their hair crazy colors, and they seem to even want to not be blonde so they darken their hair. Some don't find punk girls attractive. While in Stockholm, every girl seems to have the style of "I'm running to a modelling shoot" with their carefully coiffed hair (of which I know most are born blonde, but they do need help to keep it going) and decide to wear the newest trendy boot. So, maybe it is a matter of me realizing that what some called ugly was a German's embrace of a certain fashion sense instead of what is considered minstream glamorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydderch View Post
    It's very subjective, and obviously there is a lot of variation. I would say my impression is that Germans (at least in the more northerly half) are very similar in their range of phenotypes. The kind of tall, slim blond look which is common in Scandinavia and seen as being an ideal human is very common in much of Germany (and the Netherlands for that matter). But on the other hand, the kind of look that comes to people's minds when they think of an "ugly German" is also probably just as typical of Scandinavia.

In fact it seems to me that in both places the large bodied, broad faced look with a tendency to overweightness is actually commoner than the "ideal" look which is often considered "typically Scandinavian".
    Thank you. You helped put this into perspective for me when you emphasized that their Germanicness is more of the determining factor of how they look rather than just geology. I, at my worst moments thought, "what if Scandinavians are the beautiful Germanic sister, and Germany is the not-so-pretty girl. But hey, she's smart. Look at her accomplishments." If I'm learning anything from this board, it is that geographical location of a Germanic person has little to do with how genetically blessed they are,so Scandinavians are the Northern Germanics while Northern Germans are the Southern Germanics (or eastern, western) but we're all pretty much alike.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GermaniaGirl View Post
    so Scandinavians are the Northern Germanics while Northern Germans are the Southern Germanics (or eastern, western) but we're all pretty much alike.
    There's no such thing as "South Germanics", not even us mountain-dwellers in the far south. The division is of course largely based upon linguistics, but we can go with it nonetheless:

West-Germanics: England, Lowland Scotland, Netherlands, Frisia, Germany (incl. Austria, Switzerland etc. pp.), etc.

North-Germanics: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands; by blood also Orkney/Shetland (Norn dialect extinct around 1850) and Normandy etc.

East-Germanics: Extinct, but used to be the Continental Goths, plus some related groups.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    State
    California California
    student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks, but I knew I was being accurate and I didn't check for accuracy. I made it known by putting all other alternatives in paranthases.

Schimmelreiter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    There's no such thing as "South Germanics", not even us mountain-dwellers in the far south.
    Depending on the categorisation scheme, "South Germanic" can mean: West Germanic, Continental Germanic, Continental West Germanic, West Germanic without Ingvaeonic, High German. Under more favourable conditions, we could also be speaking of a flourishing Vandal community in the Roman province of Africa and call them "South Germanic". Perhaps the Afrikaners here can take over that role.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    In general we divide Germany along the 'Weiszwurst-equator'

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siđr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Are "we" ugly? Decide yourself - random German senior year photos. They´re always a good cross section through the society.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Valk...umm cough Thusnelda!
    i have to say(Happily) i find it amusing that just about all of the people in those pictures would look Normal here
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    State
    California California
    student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Are "we" ugly? Decide yourself - random German senior year photos. They´re always a good cross section through the society.

Wow. I think your post pretty much owns this thread. Do you know what regions these pictures were taken in?

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siđr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GermaniaGirl View Post
    Wow. I think your post pretty much owns this thread. Do you know what regions these pictures were taken in?
    Random, all around Germany. Some of Bavaria, some of Niedersachsen, some of Baden-Württemberg, etc.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast