Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are German Women Pretty? Why Not?

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 @ 05:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are German Women Pretty? Why Not?

Hello,
    I'm brand new to the forum and am happy to be here. I am of German heritage and grew up thinking that German beauty is valued, much like Scandinavian beauty. Lately, though I've heard differently from "a friend" who says some very unfriendly things about German women's physical characteristics. I do think it's a bit rude since she knows of my background. But I'm afraid her view has influenced my image of Germans. She says German women are fat and homely looking. When I look on google for "german girls" or "german women", my opinion doesn't get turned around. And even on Yahoo's question section, people often rank Germans as generally unnattractive. And then forget it when you look up "Swedish girls". My image of my background and the women from my ancestry plummets. Is this true that German women, per capita, are not as beautiful as for instance Scandinavian women? Even the Danish who are so close? My amcestry hails from Schleswig-Holstein, by the way. Anyway, can you shed any light on this? Are people just sore about the war? Or that Germany is a productive, successful nation? Thanks in advance.

Schimmelreiter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    There is no benefit in having non-Germans think of German women as pretty and desirable, but when I look around where I live or in the parts of Germany where my family has its roots, I see plenty of women that look physically attractive to me and it is not uncommon that they surpass the weird assortment of "ideal types" that plague the German media today.

I have noticed this already when I was trying to find examples for the Who Do You Think Are the Best Looking Germanic Women? thread.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 05:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GermaniaGirl View Post
    Are people just sore about the war? Or that Germany is a productive, successful nation? Thanks in advance.
    Good questions. I certainly feel that they do influence peoples opinions. If they think German women are ugly on the inside "because of their past", they will naturally judge their outward appearance in a similarly illogical manner, even if they are shown examples of German women that put any New York runway model to shame (I have seen many that do).

The feeling toward German people to this day is a tragic mixture of disgust and envy. Social programming tools such as Inglorious Bastards are made to keep reminding each successive generation of German evil. From a "psychological" standpoint, many people of the world look upon German women as "ugly" by association.

Is there an equally proportionate amount of unattractive German women as there are other races? Or does their factually exist a proportionately larger number of beautiful women from Germany? To the latter question, I say absolutely!
    But I don’t stop with just German women, because I include all other examples of Germanic women as well. I have seen many defining images of women from Sweden and Germany as well as other Germanic countries, and I could not decide which was more beautiful.

Perhaps some men will have a geographical preference. They might prefer a Swedish beauty over that of a German simply because she comes from Sweden. By reputation they are supposed to be more beautiful than all other countries.

The following is an "Ugly vs. Pretty" poll that I found which gives a fairly accurate estimation of how the world judges Germanic beauty:

SKY NEWS
    "British women are among the ugliest in the world - only Afghan ladies are uglier.That's the controversial conclusion of a global survey of men compiled by lads mag FHM.
    Men from the likes of America, Italy and France rate our girls at the bottom of the pile in the looks league.

Despite a strong pedigree that includes Kelly Brook, Liz Hurley and Naomi Campbell, they said our average Brit babe on the high street is only a little bit better looking than the average lady in Kabul.

German women were voted the third ugliest race in the world, above the UK. Despite our strong showing in the ugly league, British women did reasonably well in the pretty stakes. Our English roses and Scottish stunners were voted the fifth prettiest in the world.
    America was top, edging Sweden into second place."

Top 10 ugliest women:
    1. Afghanistan
    2. UK
    3. Germany
    4. USA
    5. China
    6. Russia
    7. Albania
    8. Turkey
    9. France
    10. India

Top 10 best looking women:
    1. USA
    2. Sweden
    3. Italy
    4. Brazil
    5. UK
    6. Germany
    7. Spain
    8. France
    9. Australia
    10. Netherlands
    In my opinion, and in no particular order, all Germanic countries share the number one spot for having the most beautiful women in the world.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 15th, 2010 @ 12:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Tyrol Tyrol
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a ridiculous question and thread, especially on a German & Germanic preservation forum.

German women are very beautiful and desirable. Let the USA hollywood whore ideal of beautiful women with their fake plastic surgeries and over-cosmetized look move on.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 07:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Living more than 20 years in the US I still think that german women are very beautiful. American women are very stereotyped. It is hard to find any who isn't.

I do believe that german women have a finer taste pertaining to their appearance in dress, make up, hair-do etc. I think they are more experimental and daring because they are more secure in their taste.

If I am in Germany I am always stunned of how many good looking women are there in the cafes, streets and so on.

Don't be effected by the negativity of others towards german. That is mostly brainwashing and envy. Be proud of being attacked. That is the lot of a superior being.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts
    German women, where untainted by the evils of consumer society, are the classiest women of all. They come in all sizes, shapes and forms, but to me they always have something special which women from other countries don't.

Could well be the feeling of familiarity, paired with that natural drive that one would find people who hail from the largely same genepool more attractive than those who don't.

This means I am obviously biased, but I don't think we're as far behind in the international comparison even when seeing it on an objective level. Certainly, to say that of 25-30 women in my course at least 20 are absolutely stunning should say it all. Arguably not all of them will age particularly well, but the "pretty rate" is certainly higher than in other countries I've been including various other Germanic countries.

Not good example to use, but usually the very same people that call German women collectively ugly are the ones who drool most over Claudia Schiffer and Heidi Klum. (The extent of their representation of German beauty, and especially the quality of their moral representation are "highly disputable", but that's not the point here)
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 @ 05:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    State
    California California
    student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you

Thank you very much for most of your replies. Your input heartened me and made me realize what I had suspected for a long time, and that is that, as childish as it may sound, many are just jealous of Germany's many accomplishments and attributes. If they can't get them on being officially the "Land of Poets and Thinkers", they'll do it by bashing their personalities and looks. They did it with stereotyping the typical Russian lady during the Cold War, and later we found out that Russia is full of beauties.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its all nonsense. Britian and Germany always comes bottom of those lists because people don't like those countries.

On another note anybody notice in old films the women were lighter in colour compared to nowadays?

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    On another note anybody notice in old films the women were lighter in colour compared to nowadays?
    Might be due to the technically inferior coloring
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,432 Posts
    I’ve belatedly joined his thread but soon noticed on line 6 of the first post that something was amiss when the American girl said …

German women are fat
    Now excuse me, but when an American woman starts saying that foreigners are fat I can only assume she doesn’t get outdoors much!!! Beauty is subjective – weight is not! She should check her facts before making such crassly ignorant remarks, and here is one of the numerous websites that can enlighten her –

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...health-obesity

As for the Sky News/FHM report that Ronan kindly posted, I note with interest that nobody has dared to criticise any African women, which immediately sets my PC alarm bells ringing. In fact, the only mention of one is a comparison between the apelike Naomi Campbell and Liz Hurley. Sorry, but at this point I have to stop typing – there are tears of laughter dripping onto my keyboard

Oh dear; that's better!

Now, as I was saying, the whole thing reeks of political correctness and (as an incurable cynic) I often wonder if these polls are produced in order to represent public opinion or to shape it?! German-bashing is as popular today as ever and two of the worst offenders, I’m ashamed to admit, are the US and the UK. The ignorant will always follow such trends and the chances are, GermaniaGirl, that your “friend” (who probably couldn’t even situate Germany on a map of Europe) has been influenced by media brainwashing. She’s also playing it safe by criticising an acceptable target-group without fear of being labelled “racist”, although she undoubtedly is by today’s definition.

I wouldn’t presume to choose your friends for you but there’s no future in this one who clearly has deep-lying resentment against Germans and, possibly, even against you personally bearing in mind that she’s aware of your ancestry. And even if she’s a stunning beauty herself (as her superiority complex would appear to indicate), she’ll lose her looks one day and be left with … well, very little really! For what’s it’s worth, I’d take German women over (non-Germanic) American ones any day, but such parallels will soon be futile because it’s becoming increasingly hard to define an American woman with all the White/Black/Hispanic and other sub-categories that exist.

Incidentally, I've just typed "German Women" into Google (out of pure curiosity) and the first 6 images that come up show some real crackers

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast