Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Proper Spelling, Punctuation and Capitalisation

I would like to ask members to make an effort to try to spell properly and use capitalisation and punctuation where necessary, especially if they write in their native language. Unfortunately I noticed many American and some English members write their posts without capitalising the sentences, without punctuation or proper spaces between sentences.

The way we, nationalists/preservationists present ourselves matters to the public. The media writes about nationalists being stupid, ignorant uneducated. Lowbrow spelling and SMS spelling aren't very helpful in dispelling this unfair stereotype.

Perhaps some people write their posts in a hurry, but a few extra seconds spent on the Shift key and the punctuation keys will pay off, believe me. Writing in a correct and tidy manner increases our chances to be taken seriously. I don't think I'm asking for the impossible. I'm no grammar Nazi and I don't demand perfection (I fail at that myself), just more attention paid to the way we write.

The Skadi Rules themselves have a minimum niveau for contributions:

15. Retardism is not permitted. Retardism is contributing little to nothing of value and posting persistently or continually, as far as content, grammar, or spelling is concerned, beneath an intellectual niveau that can be fairly expected from a gifted Germanic teenager that has been exposed to a classical education.
    For those who use Mozilla Firefox, there is an integrated spell checker.

Otherwise, I recommend http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/
    It works not only for English, but for other languages too.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Since this statement is obviously aimed at me.I would like to ask for you to deactivate my account.I will no longer visit this webpage any longer.
    I wish you guys all the luck.The idea of the Nordic race is a Teutonic dream.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokies Domain View Post
    Since this statement is obviously aimed at me.
    Umm...

Quote Originally Posted by Resist
    many American and some English members
    I don't think it's such an unreasonable request what he's asking. Some people write so poorly you have to read twice to realize what they're saying, where the sentence starts and ends. Not to mention it's a sign of disrespect towards one's own language. Isn't this about Germanic ethnic, spiritual and cultural preservation?

Anyway, bye.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    We don't delete/deactivate accounts unfortunately.

This wasn't aimed particularly at you, Lokies Domain. I posted this thread because I've seen many cases lately. All I'm trying to do is advise people for a constructive purpose, not point fingers. Who is doing it is less important. I don't have anything personally against anyone here, I just want to appeal to the understanding and good will of members. I don't think you should leave over something like this. You see, if I believed anyone here was really stupid or unworthy, I wouldn't bother asking for your cooperation to dispel myths about nationalists.

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good Call

Well, it's a sad commentary on the English-speaking world that so many of its inhabitants can't even come remotely close to writing properly in their native language. It would be irresponsible of Skadi to further enable such cultural deterioration.

However, I have to say that the overall quality of posting on Skadi is much better than most other nationalist forums. This is probably why Skadi is basically the only forum that I give the time of day.

One thing I would recommend, however, is that more attention should be paid to substantiating outlandish claims. This is especially true with respect to claims about Jewish ancestry. Not every scumbag is a Jew. There is plenty of verifiable evidence that Jews have been a plague on our nations, so there's no need to make things up unless we want to further reinforce the public perception that we're a bunch of schizophrenics.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I'm trying my best to spell correctly. I used to write my messages in notepad first because sometimes downtimes made me lose some messages, so I always save important ones first and because I didn't like the formatting, and they always came up formatted in a weird way. However I solved this problem by turning the WYSIWYG editor off, and I have no more problems with formatting eversince. My messages look normal now. I think I improved my English skill a little too, since using Skadi. It's like an exercise.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blod og Jord View Post
    I'm trying my best to spell correctly. I used to write my messages in notepad first because sometimes downtimes made me lose some messages, so I always save important ones first and because I didn't like the formatting, and they always came up formatted in a weird way. However I solved this problem by turning the WYSIWYG editor off, and I have no more problems with formatting eversince. My messages look normal now. I think I improved my English skill a little too, since using Skadi. It's like an exercise.
    I can't say how impressed I am with you and most other non-native English speakers here. The level of accomplishment in the English language amongst you all is very high indeed. You never fail to make yourselves perfectly understood.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Resist View Post
    We don't delete/deactivate accounts unfortunately.

This wasn't aimed particularly at you, Lokies Domain. I posted this thread because I've seen many cases lately. All I'm trying to do is advise people for a constructive purpose, not point fingers. Who is doing it is less important. I don't have anything personally against anyone here, I just want to appeal to the understanding and good will of members. I don't think you should leave over something like this. You see, if I believed anyone here was really stupid or unworthy, I wouldn't bother asking for your cooperation to dispel myths about nationalists.

Well I may be guilty of making a few mistakes.I hurry through sentences and paragraphs and I dont always take the time to proof read.
    I apologize to anyone I may have offended.I get angry very easily and if someone would have called me a tard to my face, well lets just say I would have dotted someones eye.
    With that said,would you guys welcome me back on this message board.If you dont think its a good idea,well then I will go somewhere else.
    And another thing is I dont like jews.I think they all need to relinquish control of the banks and the media and go back to hell.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I do my best to use and write the best English I have but it´s still a foreign language to me. So I beg pardon for grammar mistakes or crazy word creations. What often kills me is the fact that compound nouns doesn´t exist in English language while they´re a vital part of my native German language.

"Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft" is a funny, but legal german noun. "Donau" is a noun, "Dampfschifffahrt" is a composition of three nouns (Dampf, Schiff, Fahrt) and "Gesellschaft" is a noun as well. If I want to write it in English...my brain begins to smoke! My first try would be "Corporation of steam navigation on the Danube river" but it sounds weired. Sure, proper nouns aren´t translated but it´s only an example. There´re many compound nouns who are no proper nouns and to find a fitting translation occupys me for some time.

Other example: Raketentriebwerk. In English? Rocket propulsion engine. Nachttischlämpchen? Bedside lamp. And so on and so on.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhaupt betriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft

Your brain doesn't need to smoke attempting to translate this. You just look them up on Google:

Association for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast