Canada Canada
    Occupation
    University Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Post Re: What Makes Us Age?

What I meant was Life Expectancy has increased due to our use of Modern Technology. So we have interfered with nature on this Level and it isn't neccearly a bad thing that people are dying at 75 instead of 50.
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do believe it is a bad thing. Another thing you have to realise with longer life expectancy is the threat of over population. Just look at how perfect nature is. The black plague wiped out a large portion of London's population, modern man whines about how "horrible" the Plague was, but look at it a little closer. London at that time was grossly overpopulated, though people did die of other disease, violence etc. it still remained grossly overpopulated. The plague brought balance back however. A very GOOD thing. Overpopulation brings disease. Of course today we can "cure" these disease with modern medications/antibiotics but then it throws out of wack natures, quite intelligent, design.

Keep in mind birth defects are also part of Nature. -40 degree temperatures in Canada is also part of nature. But what have people done? In the past they've made Fires now it's central heating and buildings with high effeciancy insulators.
    Yes, birth defects are a part of nature. Which is why only the strong should be allowed to survive..only the healthy. Not every child born will be healthy, but that is the way of things..and those born unhealthy are not the "strongest" lets just put it that way.

Yes high temperatures are also natural. But does the fact that the Inuits used whale blubber and furs to keep warm HARM nature at all? Does it off set the balance? No...not really.

All examples of people going against Nature. Europeans aren't even supposed to be in North America.
    Did the Norse settlements in North America "harm" anything? Where they "messing" with the universe/balance of things? As for the French and British...I do disagree with the method in which they took North America...but war (though I don't consider nuclear warfare to be warfare in its purest form) is alsosomething that comes naturally. Another one of those "unfortunate" things that is utterly and compeltely necessary.

But I'd think if one lives longer one would leave more Heirs. Just because a person's Lifespan may be 150 yrs doesn't mean there's no incentive to have a family.
    The ultimate reason for breeding is to carry on a strong bloodline by merging with other strong bloodlines. If we live 150 yrs then we will long for more. Do you really think it will stop there? Eventually..if one lives long enough the need for a strong bloodline to continue on in the ages WON'T be necessary. But lets go on this theory and say we DO reproduce more heirs. Well they will live just as long as us will they not? So people are living twice as long and have twice as many children than they would originally have head. And these children have twice as many children as they would have had etc. etc. Population growth and OOPS no disease because we have "the technology to cure everything and anything". But of course we can always colonise the REST of the Universe and completly off set IT as well...all for the selfish "need" to live a lazy long life without any threat of any sorts.

With that life span there will be more time to accumalate resources.
    What we call in my World Issues class.."la corne d'abondance" aka the horn of abundance (I believe it is called in English). The idea that our ressources will never run out. Which is of course a misinterpretation. Our ressources will run out, though I have no doubt by that time we will find other things to "withstand" our need to "progress". Meanwhile the earth will be stripped of everything, we will be living in a wasteland...hmmm..this is starting to remind me of the novel "We" by Yevgeni Zamyatin.

Your making it sound like we going to face Aramagedon. If there's one thing humans are good at is finding a way to mend things when faced with their destruction. Nukes are the balancing forces that keep WWIII from breaking out.
    Personally I think we, in actuality, may be very close to it. Yes, humans are good at finding a way to mend things, as I mentioned before. But it is more along the lines of the "quick fix" than the ultimate solution. It is only enough tohold usoff till the next big problem...or until all the problems that have accumulated since the Industrial Revolution come crashing down on us.

As for the nukes. Nukes being the balancing forces that keep WWIII from breaking loose? I highly doubt it. If it hadn't been for the creation of the nuclear bomb we wouldn't need to FEAR a potential WWIII, with an ever nuclear war mongering United States of America, that will wipe us off the face of the earth. Unless the whole "Raegan/Bush shield in the atmosphere above NA" actually occurs

If your talking about genetically altered foods. They altered for higher productivity otherwise there would be shortages.
    Actually, GM Foods leave us in a very vulnerable situation. Experts are finding that different pests are adapting very quickly to the "built-in" gene within certain GM Foods which make them immune to the "invasion" of thse pests. Scientists keep altering, but the pests keep adapting. They are actually talking about a these pests evolving to "immunity" against all these chemicals WITH our help. If this happens they can EASILY wipe out the crops completely leaving us with no "backup food". I did a presentation on this very subject last semester actually. Unfortuantely I can't find it, it would be very helpful as I forget the exact terms used in the articles I found. Anyways, one of the problems also is that only ONE type of crop can be used on one piece of land instead of mixed crops when it comes to genetically modified foods. Again, this leaves us vulnerable as crops are becoming far easier to wipe out, experts are predicting. As for food shortage...all links back to overpopulaton and over consomption in the Western World.

As for racial preservation the only thing that can keep a race preserved in the longrun is Isolation. There is still hope for Canada especially a place like Quebec.
    And isolation is getting to be near impossible in a more technological and globalised world...I hope you catch my drift on this.

These Toxins are a by product of things like your Car, your School Books, your Shoes...ect.
    I don't drive actually, and don't intend to. As for everything else...it is nearly impossible to live as I would wish in today's world, but I try to keep eevrything I have at the minimum which is the best one can do given the circumstances.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I used to be as apprehensive as you, Queen NB, but today I find it difficult to find absolute dogmatic truth as to the eventful outcomes of everything we do. The world is full of grey spots. I'd rather not second guess every move I make to avoid taking any chances.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 7th, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Ancestry
    Franco-Norman
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    University Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'd rather not second guess every move I make to avoid taking any chances.
    It has nothing to do with avoiding any form of risk. Reread my posts..that is not what I am saying at all. It all has to do with my world view. I see nature as being the pinnacle of all and do not think it should be toyed with in this sense. I believe that modernisation is the less healthy route both mentally and physically, logically following this I hope to come as close as I can to a completly natural lifestyle based on natural laws, this I believe is the only way to true enlightenment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NormanBlood For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Wink Re: What Makes Us Age?

Quote Originally Posted by NormanBlood
    It has nothing to do with avoiding any form of risk. Reread my posts..that is not what I am saying at all. It all has to do with my world view. I see nature as being the pinnacle of all and do not think it should be toyed with in this sense. I believe that modernisation is the less healthy route both mentally and physically, logically following this I hope to come as close as I can to a completly natural lifestyle based on natural laws, this I believe is the only way to true enlightenment.
    What is the difference between how humans survive and advance their race vs other life? We utilise our surroundings like a bird retrieves twigs and leaves to build a nest. Like a chimp, we use tools to dig for food. What is so terrible in advancing our skills, our mastery over these things so that they aren't difficult? What is terrible about using pulleys and levers to build and construct homes? Utility is a great asset to humankind, and without it, we'd be like gorrillas and chimpanzees with no deep evaluation of ourselves. Sentience has been advanced by the discovery of tools and the willpower to make use of our knowledge, or just throw it away as though our minds which produced the ideas are irrelevant.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Ancestry
    Franco-Norman
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    University Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

We utilise our surroundings like a bird retrieves twigs and leaves to build a nest.
    Do you not see the irony of that entire comparison?

What is so terrible in advancing our skills, our mastery over these things so that they aren't difficult?
    If you really want my answer to that question go reread my posts..its already there and I don't feel like repeating myself in another 10 posts.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

What irony is there to poke at?

I know your answer in that context, but it is good that there have been at least SOME changes technologically. Do you dispute most of all the achievements people have set their minds to? That seems like you don't respect your own.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As for the nukes. Nukes being the balancing forces that keep WWIII from breaking loose? I highly doubt it. If it hadn't been for the creation of the nuclear bomb we wouldn't need to FEAR a potential WWIII, with an ever nuclear war mongering United States of America, that will wipe us off the face of the earth. Unless the whole "Raegan/Bush shield in the atmosphere above NA" actually occurs
    War is caused when One side thinks it is sufficiently stronger than the other and can gain something from fighting. Nuclear Stalemate Both Sides know they can wipe each other Out so they Opt not to Fight.
    Ah US has been pretty cautious with Nukes. Ever heard of the Cuban Missle Crisis, mademoiselle? Don't Slander America. Just because some Presidents have had some Out there Ideas. In the event of a World War America will be the one Shielding Canada.

I don't drive actually, and don't intend to. As for everything else...it is nearly impossible to live as I would wish in today's world, but I try to keep eevrything I have at the minimum which is the best one can do given the circumstances.
    How is that possible? Canada must be more backward than I thought.

You sound like you'd make the Perfect Amish Farm Girl.

What we call in my World Issues class.."la corne d'abondance" aka the horn of abundance (I believe it is called in English).
    What grade are you in any ways? Je sais le français également.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Lessons are learnt with greater experience in the wide world...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Ancestry
    Franco-Norman
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    University Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

War is caused when One side thinks it is sufficiently stronger than the other and can gain something from fighting. Nuclear Stalemate Both Sides know they can wipe each other Out so they Opt not to Fight.
    Ah US has been pretty cautious with Nukes. Ever heard of the Cuban Missle Crisis, mademoiselle?
    The point of my post was to say that the US has a real knack for pissing people off. What the United States has to understand is that you cannot get away with policing the world for terribly long. North Korea may not be a great threat...excellent technology but they've screwed up. As for the middle east, if they had anything to match the USs weaponry they are either hiding anything it VERY well or...what is already quite evident..they don't have any. Very clever of Bush (or should I say his father and entourage) was in the way in which he started this war. But in case it hasn't been noted, quite a few greater powers a getting quite thoroughly pissed. The US keeps crossing the line farther and farther, and it can go one of two ways, the leftist *rollseyes* Kerry gets elected and things begin to simmer down, or Bush gets re-elected at which point I think anything truly could be possible. He is truly overstepping his bounds in many nation's eyes.

Don't Slander America. Just because some Presidents have had some Out there Ideas. In the event of a World War America will be the one Shielding Canada.
    I will slander the US as much as I like, its policies throughly annoy me. As for Canada in wars to come...the next elections will determine that. I also really don't think one should OVERestimate the US's military power and expendability.

How is that possible? Canada must be more backward than I thought.
    Funny how americans love to mock Canada when looking in the mirror would provide far more entertainment

You sound like you'd make the Perfect Amish Farm Girl.
    Actually, the only problem I have with the Mennonites/Amish is their spirituality.

What grade are you in any ways?
    Final year of highschool (which is coming to an end very soon) soon to be my first year at one of Canada's best Unis I asume you are in the same "position" or are already into the first year. Correct?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast