Thread: What Exaggerates Sexual Dimorphism In Some Races?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Post What Exaggerates Sexual Dimorphism In Some Races?

What are the reasons for exaggerated Sexual Dimorphism in some Races while in other Races Sexual Dimorphism is at a minimal?

Please give some examples reflecting the two Extremes of Exaggerated and Minimal. Perhaps there is also "inbetween"?

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Post Re: What Exaggerates Sexual Dimorphism In Some Races?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    What are the reasons for exaggerated Sexual Dimorphism in some Races while in other Races Sexual Dimorphism is at a minimal?

Please give some examples reflecting the two Extremes of Exaggerated and Minimal. Perhaps there is also "inbetween"?
    I dont say that what I'm saying is the absolute truth about this issue, but I want to give some possible explanations (or suggestions) and examples just out of my mind:

Two categories: a) stronger b) weaker Sexual Dimorphism

polygamy- monogamy
    strong male dominance- weak male dominance
    stronger sexual selection in general
    of females- or males in particular
    hunter and gatherers- agriculture
    warlike- peaceful
    individual- collective orientation
    small- big groups
    high sexual division of labour- low - " -
    dry or temperated- moisty and/or tropical or extreme cold climate
    big and strong- small and reduced body build
    high energy- low energy levels
    with good- bad nutrition

One factor alone is not so important as more of them and other possible factors together.

Usually the same factores are important for an overall more masculinized or feminized/effeminated character of populations.

If just males select women, this race is usually more paedomorphic.
    If just females select men, this race is usually quite primitive or progressive but in general not very paedomorphic.
    If both males and females are select this race has usually a stronger sexual dimorphism, especially if in this group strong-dominant men and cute-subdominant women are prefered.

I know of a good example in the Bushmen in which taller males and smaller females are strongly prefered. So if sexual selection is possible and important, sexual dimorphism will grow.

If "natural" selection by environmental factors other than fertility are more important, typical sexual dimorphism which makes the women in general weaker will decrease.

So in small wealthy societies with high sexual and low environmental selection, Sexual Dimorphism should grow.
    In big poor societies (malnutrition) with low sexual and high enviromental selection, Sexual Dimorphism should decrease.

Examples for high Sexual Dimorphism are for the Europids the Mediterranids, Orientalids, Indids in particular in my opinion, but in Europids in general.
    Height, body build and hair is very different in males and females in the (Gracil-) Indid type.

In Negrids the difference is very big in Kafrids (Bantuids) like you can see it South Africa. Women are much more often extremely fat, smaller, have even more different heads/faces than most other races.

Very low Sexual Dimorphism you can find in the Paedomorphic (or foetalized/infantile) types like Palaemongolids (South-East Asians).
    In a way in the extreme cold types like the Tungids and Lappids have a low S.D. because of their small compact stature and high fat percentage.
    Or the extreme heat types like the Nilotids, which are more masculinized to androgenic or leptomorphic individuals have no very strong Sexual Dimorphism as well.

In Amerindians is the S.D. in general quite low as well but they are not all feminized. Like the Silvids which are quite progressive-masculine or primitive-masculine groups like the Fuegids of the extreme South.

But maybe others have another perspective and I'm not sure about all factors.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If both males and females are select this race has usually a stronger sexual dimorphism, especially if in this group strong-dominant men and cute-subdominant women are prefered.
    Yes this seems to be the reason why Europids evolved such strong Sexual Dimorphism. That and low environmental stressors due to a generally temperate climate. But with this said didn't Europids come out of an Ice Age not so far back?

What group sub-races? In Europe would you say exhibit the most Extreme Sexual Demorphism? I have heard Brunn as one of them.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What group sub-races? In Europe would you say exhibit the most Extreme Sexual Demorphism? I have heard Brunn as one of them.
    I tend to say Palaeoatlantids. Just compare Zeta-Jones with Sean Connery.

During the ice age just small parts of Europe were populated in which the circumstances were extreme, but not long enough and in a time certain technical help-means were already used.

Mongolids on the other hand lived probably in the coldest Asian regions for a very long time and their groups expanded in waves from this centre of "Mongolism" of the extreme Mongolid race.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!