View Poll Results: Which identity do you think fits the New World best?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • A white one.

    7 15.56%
  • A Germanic one.

    17 37.78%
  • An Anglo-Colonial one.

    15 33.33%
  • Other (please specify).

    6 13.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: The New World Identity: White, Germanic or Anglo-Colonial?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Posts
    684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well all colonies are bound to create their own identities. It's rather impossible to have a strong conncetion with a region on the other side of the world. Remember that places like the USA and Australia have only been around some hundred years, and alreday we see separate identities like "Aussie". It is only natural that they create their own identities over time. Even if the US was fully Germanic, and after 1000 years they would still be a Germanic nation, but they would be a complete different Germanic group from those in Europe, they would be "American Germanics", just like there are "Scandinavian Germanics" or "British Germanics". To still be German or Anglo-Saxon after 1000s of years of isolation is impossible and even unnatural. People that live isolated will become different from others, even though they could stll be Germanic, just another unique sort. The Germanic German and Anglo-Saxon will disappear in the New World, I do not see how they could not to be honest.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Segestan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, August 1st, 2016 @ 05:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Age
    63
    Politics
    White Imperialist
    Posts
    110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingwë View Post
    Speaking for Australia I believe Australia would have prospered under its continual "White Australia Policy" and maintaining its close ties with Britain. I believe Australia could have been a hub for Germanic expression to world contribution in the name of conquest. Therefore it should have only accepted Anglo-Saxon and to a lesser extent other Northern European migration.
    That's true... and throughout the Western World. But bankers and Church doctrine tells us it's wrong! I predict bankers will fail and churches too.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 4th, 2018 @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Anthropology major.
    Religion
    Presbyterianism
    Posts
    111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    Well all colonies are bound to create their own identities. It's rather impossible to have a strong conncetion with a region on the other side of the world. Remember that places like the USA and Australia have only been around some hundred years, and alreday we see separate identities like "Aussie". It is only natural that they create their own identities over time. Even if the US was fully Germanic, and after 1000 years they would still be a Germanic nation, but they would be a complete different Germanic group from those in Europe, they would be "American Germanics", just like there are "Scandinavian Germanics" or "British Germanics". To still be German or Anglo-Saxon after 1000s of years of isolation is impossible and even unnatural. People that live isolated will become different from others, even though they could stll be Germanic, just another unique sort. The Germanic German and Anglo-Saxon will disappear in the New World, I do not see how they could not to be honest.
    Well if that's how you see it, then the Germanic group itself is only an isolated group that broke off from another ultimately Indo-European group. Where does it end?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Posts
    684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course if they do not speak a Germanic language, they are not. It ends when they no longer speak a Germanic language, or are not descendants of these old Germanic tribes.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 4th, 2018 @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Anthropology major.
    Religion
    Presbyterianism
    Posts
    111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, you miss my point. Those "Old Germanic tribes" as you put it, descend from an older group, I mean, even if you don't believe that all Germanics descended from the west-moving indo-european, and rather just inherited their language as an indigenous people, the people had to have come from somewhere, right?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Posts
    684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, of course. But they only became Germanic when they started to speak these languages and when these people started to identify as a common people separated from other I-E peoples. Just the same with humans, at one point they were some pre-homo sapien creature, and the humans of today identify as homo sapien/humans even though there were other groups that predated homo sapien. Thus it ends when we began speaking this language and became a separate people. I might have missed your point again, sorry if that's the case.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 4th, 2018 @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Anthropology major.
    Religion
    Presbyterianism
    Posts
    111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I do realize that, but why do we identify with these "tribes", more than we identify with being an American Protestant, in my case, or simply being White? Is this Germanic group a good balance, in that it only encompasses the good, and not so much the bad, and thus is a more like a prestigious club for adolescence and young adults seeking acceptance? I feel very little kinship with people (Even if they are White, or "Germanic") outside the Eastern Seaboard, as their behaviors and ideals differ greatly from my own, as well even their language and culture a good percent of the time. Is it perhaps a way to justify speaking English, as English is a Germanic language? A way to not feel guilty for submitting to the will of the powers that be?


    p.s. I'm in no way trying now, to insult those of you that frequent this board, I am simply questioning some of your ideals, a true "Germanic" can respect that, I think.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Posts
    684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
    I do realize that, but why do we identify with these "tribes", more than we identify with being an American Protestant, in my case, or simply being White? Is this Germanic group a good balance, in that it only encompasses the good, and not so much the bad, and thus is a more like a prestigious club for adolescence and young adults seeking acceptance? I feel very little kinship with people (Even if they are White, or "Germanic") outside the Eastern Seaboard, as their behaviors and ideals differ greatly from my own, as well even their language and culture a good percent of the time. Is it perhaps a way to justify speaking English, as English is a Germanic language? A way to not feel guilty for submitting to the will of the powers that be?


    p.s. I'm in no way trying now, to insult those of you that frequent this board, I am simply questioning some of your ideals, a true "Germanic" can respect that, I think.
    Well, of course identification is not just at the Germanic level. The German users here probably identify most with other Germans (or even Bavarians with Bavarians f ex). the English identify most with other English, Norwegians with Norwegians etc. But the next step of identification for us is identifying as Germanics. Why? Because I believe we are not as different as you write. We might not all understand each others languages, but they are very similar comparing them with the world's other languages. We often have similar overall charectaristics, some of them could be honesty, shyness/stiffness, good discipline. These things could be both positive or negative in different people's views, but most Germanics think they are good.

    Our similarities are much more obvious to non-Germanics, we who are Germanics mostly see the differences between us, even though the similarities far outweigh the differences compared to most non-Germanics.. Then you ask, why do we not identify as "white" or European, or humans? Some people on here probably do, but I choose not to because I think most whites are too different from me, I have to draw the line somewhere. I think the Germanic identification fits very well, but before that most people of course identify with their home country, region or city/town.

    So to sum it up, Germanic is a good identfication for me, because of our similar cultures, tradition, history and languages. Beyond that I find identification difficult, such as with most other Europeans.

  9. #19
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, February 26th, 2010 @ 01:44 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic and Slavic American
    Ancestry
    1/2 Bavarian and 1/2 Galician
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid+Pontid/Neo-Danubian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Dallas
    Gender
    Politics
    Liberal
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Identity requires some level of homogeneity, right?

    That's the big problem with the United States (well.... one of the big problems): lack of any kind of homogeneity. That's why a step in the right direction (for the U.S.) would be more of a focus on state individuality: a real federation of states that function primarily as separate countries. That way they can more effectively promote within-group homogeneity.

    There is no way to effectively try to promote an identity that encompasses all of the states. It may be easier to promote identity for Pennsylvania, identity for Texas, identity for Ohio, and so on and so forth. Maybe. At least, it could be encouraged, because of them has more of a "dominant identity" that could be identified in order to "strive for", at least. Viewing the U.S. globally, there is nothing to even "strive for".

  10. #20
    Senior Member Neophyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 1st, 2017 @ 04:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    45
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Posts
    1,922
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
    No, you miss my point. Those "Old Germanic tribes" as you put it, descend from an older group, I mean, even if you don't believe that all Germanics descended from the west-moving indo-european, and rather just inherited their language as an indigenous people, the people had to have come from somewhere, right?
    I think that there is quite some support for the Paleolithic Continuity Theory -- or some version thereof; i.e. that we are, basically, the offspring of ice age survivors. There seems to have existed three major European refuges during the Ice Age, and we Germanics, seem to stem from the people in the central one (in modern Italy). When you look at genetic variety in Europe all the major trends are in an North-South orientation, and overall there seems to have been very little movement on the East-West axis -- something that we would have seen if there had been a massive IE-invasion from the East.

    Since the Germanic tribes started to branch out from Scandinavia -- a place relatively untouched by any "IE-invasion" -- at the earliest around 1000 BCE, I think that we can put the origins of the Germanic tribes far further back than any recorded history goes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Monday, June 11th, 2018, 04:05 AM
  2. What Do You Wear? The Importance of Looks in the Germanic-Identity World
    By Thulean Imperial Inquisitor in forum Fashion & Beauty
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: Monday, November 28th, 2016, 10:51 AM
  3. White Nationalism, the White Identity and its Validity in Europe
    By velvet in forum Politics & Geopolitics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Thursday, June 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
  4. Germanic Colonial Architecture
    By Sigyn in forum Visual Arts & Aesthetics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Monday, December 26th, 2011, 04:47 AM
  5. Colonial Identity: Ethnic Mosaic versus Melting Pot
    By Telperion in forum The Germanic New World
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •