@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Addicted to Nonsense

The illusionists who shape our culture, and who profit from our incredulity, hold up the gilded cult of Us.

Will Tiger Woods finally talk to the police? Who will replace Oprah? (Not that Oprah can ever be replaced, of course.) And will Michaele and Tareq Salahi, the couple who crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner, command the hundreds of thousands of dollars they want for an exclusive television interview? Can Levi Johnston, father of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's grandson, get his wish to be a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars"?

The chatter that passes for news, the gossip that is peddled by the windbags on the airwaves, the noise that drowns out rational discourse, and the timidity and cowardice of what is left of the newspaper industry reflect our flight into collective insanity. We stand on the cusp of one of the most seismic and disturbing dislocations in human history, one that is radically reconfiguring our economy as it is the environment, and our obsessions revolve around the trivial and the absurd.

[snip]

Reality is condemned in these popular belief systems as the work of Satan, as defeatist, as negativity or as inhibiting our inner essence and power. Those who question, those who doubt, those who are critical, those who are able to confront reality, along with those who grasp the hollowness and danger of celebrity culture, are condemned for their pessimism or intellectualism.
    http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=8201

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 11:21 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    641 Posts
    To me all of this kind of stuff is nonsense. I think they are all distractions and silly.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    The teenage generation is very addicted to tabloid news. What the celebrities do, who they flirt with, and scandal from the VIP's bedrooms or closets.

Indeed I think it's a distraction.Who cares if a Hollywood couple divorces for the 10th time? It doesn't affect us as much as news about the Swiss minaret ban, for example.

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Celebrity worship is a tool for the manipulation of the masses. The media preys upon the average fool's interest in gossip and takes it to a different level. Put all jewish celebrities in a favorable light... now that Heidi Klum is screwing an ape, make sure everyone sees and becomes acclimated to this. And so on and so on. It is classical manufacturing of consent.. the consent for our children to miscegenate and look to jews as the definers of our society. There is a very evil point to this crap.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Tiger Woods has gotten more news coverage this past week then the war in Afghanistan or the economy. Personally though, I do like watching his public image take a beating.

Another 'major' news story in America as late; the Salahis, a trashy wannabe reality-tv-stars couple, from the DC area who crashed a White House state dinner. Now Congress wants to hold hearings on the matter. It's not that big of deal to warrant a congressional hearing, but because it has receive a lot of media attention, certain members of congress want to use it as an excuse to get in front of the television cameras.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    TV is aimed at dumb masses. Usually PBS has good programming but even that doesn't report all the news and is biased a bit towards liberalism and PC agendas. I actually wrote them about how they keep running stories about the racism against blacks and Jews in this country. They also do a lot of the same stories that is on every other channel but other than that it is at least somewhat aimed at normal people and intelligent dialog.

I think that everytime I turn on the TV. There has got to be news out there. I know there is. Why don't they ever report it. They take ten or fifteen minutes worth of news stories then repeat them over and over all day long, sometimes for several days or several weeks just keep repeating themselves like alzeimers patients. I know that different people may be just no tuning in or whatever but come on packaging 10 minutes of news into 18 hours worth of programming is just crossing the line. The to top it off most of the "news" is really just gossip and trivial matters.

What's going on with the federal reserve, the bilderberger group etc.? What new technologies are coming out, what kind of social changes are there? I could go out there and find news if it was my full time job- anybody could. So why can't the news channels do it? Why does every channel have the exact same news stories as if spoon fed to them from some common source? I wish somebody would do something about it.