Vienna Vienna
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thumbs Up Germans Are Austria's Strongest Immigrant Group

Some good news about immigration in my country:
    By 19 percent Germans are Austrias strongest immigrant group. This is the latest result of the Eurostat statistics.

On the second place are Serbs (9 percent), and Austrias third strongest immigrant group are people from Poland by seven percent. More than 50 percent of all immigrants in Austria are citizens of the European Union.
    http://www.austrianews.co.uk/2008/11...migrant-group/

I can't say I'm delighted about the Serbs or Poles, but having Germans as the strongest immigrant group is something.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

Last Online
    Friday, June 26th, 2020 @ 08:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hessen-Darmstadt Hessen-Darmstadt
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Mass migratations are always harmful to the host, no matter where they are from. They also show there is something wrong in the homeland - the FRG has, compared to Austria and Switzerland, poor job opportunities.
    However, most Germans (i.e. FRG passport holders) won´t stay in Austria foever, they predominantly are season workers and and university students.
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If my country can give jobs or education to the Germans, I'm glad of it. I don't consider the Germans (ethnical ones, not foreigners with German passport) real immigrants, because we're the same ethnos, same culture, just a different country. So it's more like regional migration. The word "Piefke" doesn't exist in my vocabulary.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptrgangr View Post
    Mass migratations are always harmful to the host, no matter where they are from.
    How are Germans migrating to a German country harmful? Austria is an artificial nation, it didn't exist in German history at many times. When Austria was part of Germany, Austrians migrated to German areas and vice versa. Only petty Austrian regionalists don't consider Germans their nationhood.

They also show there is something wrong in the homeland - the FRG has, compared to Austria and Switzerland, poor job opportunities.
    If it's the only way for the people to realize the FRG is wrong, so be it!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    How are Germans migrating to a German country harmful?
    Any mass-immigration is harmful, no matter which ethnic group migrates in masses, no matter where the destination is. Depopulated areas are also harmful, see what happens in eastern-central Germany.
    Germany emerged out of tribal dukedoms and up to today she preserved a strong federal character. For an English being a German is enough to scrutinize me, but if I introduce myself somewhere in Germany, the most important thing - besides my occupation - is from which region I come from.
    Austria is an artificial nation, it didn't exist in German history at many times.
    Yes, but this does not mean Austria and an Austrian ethnic consciousness do not exist. The term Ostarrîchi (Österreich, Austria) was documented in the year 996 for the first time, back then it was a part of Bavaria. Later it became a German dukedom. (-> Privilegium Minus)
    When Austria was part of Germany,
    With the exception of some decades, Austria always was an integral part of Germany. (-> Imperial immediacy)
    Austrians migrated to German areas and vice versa.
    Migration movements always existed, but there were no mass-movements like we see them in recent times. (Except the Salzburger Exulanten, but Salzburg was not part of Austria back then, that´s why it is wrong to say Mozart was Austrian).
    Only petty Austrian regionalists don't consider Germans their nationhood.
    Do you have any evidence people having lost their roots and love for their own regional heritage are more prone to be nationalistic than those having kept them? Admittedly, regionalism can be a two-edged sword, I myself would not die of grief if I woke up tomorrow and there was an independent Kingdom of Württemberg, this, however, only would be acceptable if is ensures the ethnic and cultural properties.
    A concrete example of positive regionalism is South-Tyrol, the German natives there overwhealmingly reject the Italian assimilation attempts, and express their local ethnic and cultural pride whenever they can. Having a strong and deep rooted regional heritage makes them the most ethnically aware Germans I know. They can muster more activist for a patriotic march in one town than we in the whole republic here.

If it's the only way for the people to realize the FRG is wrong, so be it!
    I rather experience a tendency of cosmopolitanism...

Quote Originally Posted by Sissi
    The word "Piefke" doesn't exist in my vocabulary.
    Very kind of you - last time an Austrian called me a Piefke resulted in the question if he has a screw loose calling me a Prussian. He apologized.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    We have three ways of distinguishing people with a "migrational background": Zuag'roaste - other Austrians/Bavarians, Piefke - all 'em Prussians way up north, and Ausländer for all types of South & East Europeans, Turkfolks, etc.

I have a friend who originally stems from the Rhineland. He said - "It's kinda amusing - I was the "bloody Rheinländer" in Westphalia, the "Saupreiß'" in Bavaria and the "Piefke" here in Austria."

On a more serious note - absolutely no problem. I don't consider "Germans" and "Swiss" as foreigners. They're oft from different Germanic and German-Germanic tribes, but they're my ethnic brothers, we can always take a few more of those.

Swiss are treated like Vorarlbergians (well, actually better - I love the Swabians, the Swiss, the Badensians ... but can't stand the Vorarlbergians - ranking the Alemannics here! ), and I gained a glimpse of Central/North-Germandom via my grandmother, who is from Waldeck.

And even though Bavarian lasses have to be my prime audience, I hear there's some pretty ones with our ethnic kin up north, sure let them come in thousands!...
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    Germany emerged out of tribal dukedoms and up to today she preserved a strong federal character. For an English being a German is enough to scrutinize me, but if I introduce myself somewhere in Germany, the most important thing - besides my occupation - is from which region I come from.
    Indeed - it has been like that since the days of the old Germanic tribes: "I'm a Bavarian" or "I'm a Saxon". This dynamic regional identity whilst at the same time not forgetting that we're all a common folk nonetheless is very refreshing.

Yes, but this does not mean Austria and an Austrian ethnic consciousness do not exist. The term Ostarrîchi (Österreich, Austria) was documented in the year 996 for the first time, back then it was a part of Bavaria. Later it became a German dukedom.
    Yes, on both sides of the Enns. Styria, Carinthia, Tyrol and Salzburg had nothing to do with that "Eastern March" of Germany. They were Dukedoms that came to Habsburg rule much later, Tyrol not till the 14th century and Salzburg not till the late 18th century.

Admittedly, regionalism can be a two-edged sword, I myself would not die of grief if I woke up tomorrow and there was an independent Kingdom of Württemberg, this, however, only would be acceptable if is ensures the ethnic and cultural properties.
    Yes, on one hand it is being used to create an "Austrian" identity, which is essentially a Bavarian entity --- the Bavarians are never Piefke. We love them as our own, even here in Tyrol ... even though the Kingdom of Bavaria fought against us Tyrolese more than just once.

With extension this also applies to the Alemannics, but they are oft left out of the equation. Vorarlberg is essentially considered to be "a case apart" and almost Swiss ... and about the Tyrolese Außerfern: Very few actually know that it was not settle by Bavarians across the Fernpaß, but instead along the much more accessible Lech Valley from Swabia, explaining their "mixed dialect".

Having a strong and deep rooted regional heritage makes them the most ethnically aware Germans I know.
    Indeed. They oft put the rest of us, even us North-Tyrolese across the Brennerpaß, to shame.

Very kind of you - last time an Austrian called me a Piefke resulted in the question if he has a screw loose calling me a Prussian. He apologized.
    It must have been an idiot to call either an Alemannic or a Bavarian a Piefke. Usually the same uninformed idiots that think that South Tyrol is full of Italians or that Alsace is full of Frenchmen. They always exist, all they need is a little teaching to that effect.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A concrete example of positive regionalism is South-Tyrol, the German natives there overwhealmingly reject the Italian assimilation attempts, and express their local ethnic and cultural pride whenever they can. Having a strong and deep rooted regional heritage makes them the most ethnically aware Germans I know. They can muster more activist for a patriotic march in one town than we in the whole republic here.
    But regionalism is good there because they're engulfed by a country which doesn't correspond with their ethnicity and culture. It's rather separatism.

In Austria regionalist "patriotism" has been used to separate us from the Germans, to say Austria isn't German and shouldn't reunite with Germany. Yes, we should be proud of our local heritage, but not in the way that we should lump Germans as foreigners along with Slovenians, Czechs or even Muslims.

That's very weird, maybe he didn't know where you come from or he was really ignorant.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    But regionalism is good there because they're engulfed by a country which doesn't correspond with their ethnicity and culture. It's rather separatism.
    My mother was astonished when she experienced people kept telling her they were Germans. Today more and more refer to themselves as Austrians.
    If we had the same kind of seperatism - or better - segregationism, we would have way less problems (-> race mixing).
    The so-called republics of Germany and Austria neither correspond with their indigenous ethnicity, heritage and culture, despite being overrun by foreigners, our reaction is very weak.
    Fascist Italian aggreesions are encountered with expressions of ethnic pride - overhere Turkish, Moroccan etc. aggressions are hardly ever encountered. Why do you think it is that way?
    In Austria regionalist "patriotism" has been used to separate us from the Germans, to say Austria isn't German and shouldn't reunite with Germany. Yes, we should be proud of our local heritage, but not in the way that we should lump Germans as foreigners along with Slovenians, Czechs or even Muslims.
    I have mentioned it above - it is a two-edged sword. Any form of patriotism that leaves aside the ethnic component is worthless.
    I say Austria meanwhile has a bigger problem than those patriots saying Austria for Austrians.

For non Austrian-German speakers: ...use your national flag to clean away dog turd. The one who loves Austria must be shit.
    (Green youth organization of Vienna)
    That's very weird, maybe he didn't know where you come from or he was really ignorant.
    He was ignorant, he meant he can express his frustration about non-Austrian Germans by making ridiculous claims. Anyway, it seems schools here teach the war of 1866 was a war Germany vs. Austria and the evil German attacked. Fact is, most German states had sided with the Austrians - and both sides made grave mistakes. He did not make a difference - he did not know of the Kingdoms of Hanover, Bavaria, Saxony, Württemberg, the Grand Duchies of Hessen and Baden and the others having fought for Austria against Prussia.
    Anyway, as you surely know, the degatory term for Austrians is way less flattering than Piefke...

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    Anyway, as you surely know, the degatory term for Austrians is way less flattering than Piefke...
    Yea, I remember. I was called a "Schluchtenscheißer" for awhile in school, till they realised it fell on deaf ears. I was sarcastic enough to note that it was indeed a certain measure of flattery that they ascribed such a closeness to nature to us whilst they were still masturbating over their "modern cities" disjoined from any type of nature and filled with aught but Turks. That generally shut them up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast