1 Day Ago @ 01:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    670 Posts

Attractiveness Based Partly on Skin Color

When it comes to an attractive face, color can make all the difference, suggests a new study.
    The research focused on facial skin color among Caucasians, finding a light, yellowish complexion looks the healthiest. The skin color could indicate a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables, whose pigments are known to change the skin's hue, researchers suggest.
    (The researchers predict the results would hold for other ethnicities as well.)
    "Effectively health and attractiveness are pretty much the same thing," study researcher Ian Stephen of the University of Bristol in England told LiveScience. He added that past research as well as some of his forthcoming research shows as much.
    Other studies have shown that shape and symmetry of a person's face are also cues of attractiveness.
    "Most previous work on faces has focused on the shape of the face or the texture of the skin, but one of the most variable characteristics of the face is skin color," Stephen said.
    Stephen and his colleagues asked 54 Caucasian participants to change the skin color of about 50 male and female faces on a computer screen to make them look as healthy as possible. Hands down, the participants tended to increase the rosiness, yellowness and brightness of the skin.
    Here's how the researchers think the health-coloring connection works: The preference for more golden or yellow-toned skin could be related to the carotenoid pigments from fruits and veggies. These plant pigments are considered antioxidants, as they protect cells from damage caused by so-called free radicals and are also thought to be important for the immune system.
    As for skin color, Stephen notes that if someone were to eat just carrots for a stint, the person's skin color would certainly turn orange-ish. He doesn't recommend such a diet, of course.
    And rosy coloring can be the result of skin flushed with blood and oxygen, suggesting a strong heart and lungs, the researchers say. For instance, smokers and diabetics and those with heart disease have fewer blood vessels in their skin, and so their skin would appear less rosy.
    If you think you can ditch the rabbit-like meals and just head to a tanning bed, think again. The researchers found lighter skin was better.
    "In the West we often think that sun tanning is the best way to improve the color of your skin," Stephen said. "But our research suggests that living a healthy lifestyle with a good diet might actually be better."
    Another tip: Eating only fruits and veggies won't work either, so forget about nibbling your way to an attractive face.
    "If you're starving yourself then you'll look unhealthy for other reasons," Stephen said. "I wouldn't suggest you eat nothing but salads, because you won't be getting enough calories and [would] lose a lot of weight, and that in itself doesn't look good. If you end up anemic you won't have the red component in your face."
    The results would likely hold for other ethnicities as well, Stephen said. For instance, his past research has shown black South Africans tend to judge rosier faces as healthier. And forthcoming research suggests the same may hold for yellowness and lightness of facial skin.
    The study, which will be published in the December issue of the International Journal of Primatology, was funded by the UK Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, the Economic and Social Research Council, and Unilever Research.
    http://www.livescience.com/health/09...or-health.html

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I don't believe it. Objectively I don't think black hair is any more beautiful than blond. Well black skin is kind of hard to look at but as far as dark skin being any uglier than light skin- don't really see it. Why is blond hair, white skin etc. more attractive? It's like putting on a business suit. It associates you with a successful group. People see a certain race or group of people as better and individuals who conform to that group in appearance are more attractive.

If Asians were the most successful group on the earth and the strongest/healthiest/smarterst everybdoy would be artificially slanting their eyes. Its not because objectively speaking slanted eyes are any more or less attractive- its just associated with a group. Similar with unsuccessful groups. Anything that makes you look more like a "bad" group will be unfavored.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Don't Agree Rainman

"If Asians were the most successful group on the earth and the strongest/healthiest/smarterst everybdoy would be artificially slanting their eyes." Anything that makes you look more like a "bad" group will be unfavored.
    --------------------------------
    I do not agree rainman. I think your putting too much emphasis on things other than looks. I have talked to some of my minority friends about why they only want to date white girls and you would be shocked how shallow most of the world is. I would argue that Europeans are the best looking because we have small noses, beautiful eye colors, light skin, light hair colors, healthy looking bone structure, we look clean and precise and we have very friendly personalities.

It is much the same way we look at cats and say "that cat looks really cute".

Other races just don't have the same attractive features that we have. They have big noses, aggressive attitudes or too passive attitudes. Smelly, small eyed, dark complexioned, nasty kinky hair, and bland dark colors. We are the apex of current human natural selection. Don't be so modest.

Waffenbrüder und Blut
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Homo europæus
    Ancestry
    Iutum (Jutes), Agendicum (Sénons)
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    NS-Eugeniker
    Religion
    Highland Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade View Post
    I would argue that Europeans are the best looking because we have small noses,
    Europeans do not have small noses. Some do but those usually have non Indo-European Europid ancestry.

light hair colors
    Most Europeans do not have light hair colours.

, healthy looking bone structure, we look clean and precise and we have very friendly personalities.
    Again all this is trivial, as the European population is pretty diverse and most of what you just described can only be applied to one or two subraces, while Europeans belong to a number of different subraces.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Rassenhygieniker You Are Correct

Rassenhygieniker,
    Your 100% correct. I have a bad problem with overgeneralizing things.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    What I was referring to was a conversation I had with 4 SE Asians about why they only want to date white girls. They were open to talking about these things because we've been friends almost our whole lives. We discussed the following....

1) Noses- My South-East Asian friends (Vietnam, Philippines, China) told me that their noses are too wide, somewhat similar to Sub-Saharan African noses, and prefer European noses. I haven't seen a European with a nose like a SE Asian before.

Example of nose -
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-mapa-2008.jpg

2) Skin- They also told me they like the fact that the average European (of all sub-races) is whiter in skin color than the slightly darkish color that SE Asians have. I have a friend (East Asian) whose parents dyed her skin white as a child. Skin whitteing is a very large industry in East, South and SE Asian countries.

Example of Skin- (Philippino lady who hasn't whitened her skin)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...kin_2008_2.jpg

3) Hair- Also they like the fact that some Europeans have lighter eyes and hair colors and they told me that those characteristics are their favorite. They like our diversity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sure the preferences would be slightly different between each non-white race group and between each individual, but I think ALL non-european racial groups typically behave similar to the way I described on average- some to a stronger preference for whites (Thai Men) and others much less so (Japanese Men).

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, February 11th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Viking-Celtic Briton
    Ancestry
    Yorkshire/Mercia/South Manchester/Abergavenny/Ireland/Scandinavia and Germany
    Subrace
    Borreby-Brunnid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Family
    Single :(
    Religion
    superstishus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I can understand that, personally I find white/lightly tanned women are the most attractive.

Especially those of Germanic decent.

Off topic: Never mind all of this "size 0" cobblers, I like birds to have a bit of meat on their bones.

For Example:

Rachel Riley -

Good ol' British TV! I mean sometimes she doesn't wear stockings! (Boy, that's a sight to behold!)

Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm not sure how much I pick up on the tone of someone's skin.

I have a preference for pale women, and I can't think of a darker skinned European that I've ever really been attracted to, but surely the preference for lightly tanned 'healthy' skin is an entirely natural means of self-preservation.

The structure of the face and the features are, to me, of greater significance than hair or eye colour, I think. Sometimes I prefer women with darker hair, sometimes those with blond hair, I don't know. I prefer lighter eye colours, by and large I find them more interesting, but a person's having brown eyes wouldn't put me off of them alone...