State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

One Gene 'Prevents Chimps Talking'

A single gene that is dramatically different in chimpanzees and humans may explain why apes cannot talk.

The FOXP2 gene underwent rapid changes around the time that language emerged in people.

Scientists in the US have now learned that human and chimp versions of the gene not only look different but also function in very different ways. FOXP2 acts as a "master switch" for other genes, turning them on or off.

Scientists at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) scoured human DNA to see which areas are targeted by the gene. They then looked at what effect human and chimp forms of FOXP2 had on human cell lines. To their surprise, the two FOXP2 versions triggered different patterns of activity in the human genes.

"We found that a significant number of the newly-identified targets are expressed differently in human and chimpanzee brains," said study leader Dr Daniel Geschwind. "This suggests that FOXP2 drives these genes to behave differently in the two species."

Previous research has shown a close link between FOXP2 and the power of speech. The amino acid composition of the human version of the gene mutated and changed rapidly around the time language first developed.

The findings, reported in the journal Nature, may also help scientists understand how certain brain disorders such as autism and schizophrenia disrupt speech.

Co-author Dr Genevieve Konopka, also from UCLA, said: "Genetic changes between the human and chimp species hold the clues for how our brains developed their capacity for language.

"By pinpointing the genes influenced by FOXP2, we have identified a new set of tools for studying how human speech could be regulated at the molecular level."
    (original)

I wonder what happens if we splice a human FOXP2 into a chimp, then

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    667 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwein
    Oh no, I already can see 'chimp rights activists' fighting for their rights
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    There are supposedly several areas of the brain (wernicks and brocas area) associated with speech as well as something to do with our vocal chords and being able to choke on food (apes can't choke on food they can't open and close their larnx or something). Most animals have some rudementary "speech" ability. Dogs can be taught to say "i love you" (look it up on youtube or america's funniest videos or something), parrots can speak etc. but mainly they are limited by their ability to make sounds. Most dogs can understand a great deal of human speech. Though understanding and forming speech are two different parts of the brain. So yeah

But interestingly there is also a gene for mega-cephaly (large head/brain) that is associated with the Aryan race/language. I put it down in my book but I don't have it memorized. People with a defect in this gene have small heads and small brains though everything is in roughly perfect order just smaller. They suffer anywhere from mild mental retardation to severe. Aparently Asians have some totally different gene/genes that they evolved that also gave them large heads/brains. I wonder if combining the two genes would somehow make a giant head. Never seen a half asian/half white with a huge head but who knows.

It's interesting though that there is a gene associated with a language family (generally non-tonal languages).

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwein View Post
    It will be able to speak, but only if it is reading from a teleprompter.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    But interestingly there is also a gene for mega-cephaly (large head/brain) that is associated with the Aryan race/language. I put it down in my book but I don't have it memorized. People with a defect in this gene have small heads and small brains though everything is in roughly perfect order just smaller. They suffer anywhere from mild mental retardation to severe. Aparently Asians have some totally different gene/genes that they evolved that also gave them large heads/brains. I wonder if combining the two genes would somehow make a giant head. Never seen a half asian/half white with a huge head but who knows.
    Interesting.. never heard about this before. Do you have any sources to link?

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 08:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Oh no, I already can see 'chimp rights activists' fighting for their rights
    Already happened, in Austria interestingly (+ probably dozens of similar cases).

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Microcephalin and ASPM (which is associated with indo-european expansion) which are involved in brain structure.

Microcephalin map:

on Microcephalin:
    A derived form of MCPH1 called haplogroup D appeared about 37,000 years ago (anytime between 14,000 and 60,000 years ago) and has spread to become the more common form throughout the world except Sub-Saharan Africa. The timing of its emergence may have closely preceded the Upper Paleolithic, when people started colonising Europe
    the researcher of the paper (who is of Chinese descent) suggested the possibility that the newer gene could have come from 'other' homo lines 'such as Neanderthals'

ASPM map:

on ASPM:
    The mean estimated age of the ASPM allele of 5,800 years ago, roughly correlates with the development of written language, spread of agriculture and development of cities...
    According to a hypothesis called a "selective sweep", the rapid spread of a mutation (such as the new ASPM) through the population indicates that the mutation is somehow advantageous to the individual.
    DAB1 is the chinese gene you referred to;
    Instead of ASPM, the DAB1 gene, which also increases the density of neural matter, appears to have come under selection in the Chinese

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    667 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwein
    Already happened, in Austria interestingly (+ probably dozens of similar cases)
    Holy SH*T!!!

I was just kidding... but I should have been prepared for that there really are people who do that... mad world. But the extreme left maybe thinks when apes are recognised as persons, the difference between human races becomes really unimportant... some of the comments pointed to that, hey, what are 2 percent difference really? WTF?!?

But I liked the author's comment about declaring some people as chimps instead, makes much more sense
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    where's the link to the original article? I'll have to update my book to some degree. I wonder if these mutations somehow correspond to blood type B which I just posted on in another thread (it seems to correlate with intelligence and is more prevalent in far East Asia, Egypt, Siberians and Skadi members.

No 37,000 years ago would correspond with the arrival of Cro-Magnon the direct ancestor of Europeans. Cro-Magnon have a very large head larger than modern Europeans. This would explain a lot. It's odd that the Asian gene relates to neural density and not larger heads as I keep reading everywhere that Asians have large heads but in my practical observation I haven't seen it to be true. I think it must be some lie perpetuated by Jewish supremacists (like the Idea that blacks are better athletes and Asians smarter and all white males retarded racists). Though interestingly Jews have smaller heads yet higher I.Q.s which would relate to the Asiatic neural density gene I suppose.