Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SS Man Charged with 58 Murders

  1. #1
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Oski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Gender
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    SS Man Charged with 58 Murders



    German prosecutors have charged a 90-year-old alleged former Nazi SS member with the killing of 58 Jewish forced labourers, officials say.

    The man is accused of murdering the Hungarian workers in Deutsch Schuetzen, a village in eastern Austria, at the end of World War II.

    The court has identified the suspect only as a "retiree from Duisburg".

    The victims' remains were found in a mass grave in 1995 by the Austrian Jewish association.

    The German state court was told that on 29 March 1945, the accused and accomplices brought at least 57 Jewish forced labourers to a forest "where they had to give up their valuables and kneel by a grave".

    "The accused and other SS members then cruelly shot the Jewish forced labourers from behind," a prosecution spokesman said.

    Forced march

    The 90-year-old man is also accused of shooting another Jew who could no longer walk during a forced march on the same day or the day after, the court was told.

    The victims' mass grave is now marked by a plaque.

    Prosecutors began investigating the case last year when they were alerted by an Austrian university student who had been researching the massacre.

    Prosecutor Andreas Brendel told the Associated Press news agency that three former members of the Hitler Youth had provided testimony in Austria.

    A fourth former Hitler Youth member, now living in Canada, is being interviewed this week, he said.

    A court in Duisburg now has to decide whether the trial of the man can go ahead. The defendant has two weeks to present evidence or to appeal against the case proceeding.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8364447.stm

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    SaxonPagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 @ 12:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Posts
    5,039
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,590
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,678
    Thanked in
    1,443 Posts
    I sometimes wonder how many of these "ex-Nazi" cases are for real and how many of these stories appear in the press just to keep alive the memory of how the Jews (alone!) suffered in WW2.

  3. #3
    A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    frippardthree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 12th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Gaul, England, Austria, Canada
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwinson View Post
    I sometimes wonder how many of these "ex-Nazi" cases are for real and how many of these stories appear in the press just to keep alive the memory of how the Jews (alone!) suffered in WW2.
    Many of them are likely to be cases of mistaken identity, such as the case of John Demjanjuk of Cleveland, Ohio.

    Suspected Nazi war criminal deported
    John Demjanjuk of Ohio accused of being a guard at Sobibor death camp
    By M.R. KROPKO, Associated Press
    First published in print: Tuesday, May 12, 2009
    CLEVELAND — Federal agents carrying John Demjanjuk in a wheelchair put him on a small jet Monday to be deported to Germany, where the retired autoworker is accused of being a Nazi death camp guard in World War II.

    Demjanjuk, 89, arrived in an ambulance at Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport after spending several hours with U.S. immigration officials at a downtown federal building. Airport commissioner Khalid Bahhur confirmed Demjanjuk was on the plane and that its destination is Germany.

    The deportation came four days after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider Demjanjuk's request to block deportation and about 31/2 years after he was last ordered deported.

    The Ukrainian-born Demjanjuk is wanted on a Munich arrest warrant that accuses him of 29,000 counts of accessory to murder as a guard at the Sobibor death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. The legal case spanned three decades.

    A German Justice Ministry spokesman, Ulrich Staudigl, said the retired autoworker was expected to be in Germany by today.

    Demjanjuk denies Germany's accusations, saying he was held by the Germans as a Soviet prisoner of war and was never a camp guard. Demjanjuk's family fought deportation, arguing he is in poor health and might not survive the trans-Atlantic journey.

    Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/ASPStories...#ixzz0X9RwbROD
    John Demjanjuk, born Ivan Mykolayevych Demyanyuk born April 3, 1920; in Dubovi Makharyntsi, Ukraine) is a retired auto worker and former United States citizen, who gained notoriety after being accused of war crimes.

    Born in the Ukraine during the Polish–Soviet War (when territories in Ukraine quickly changed hands), Demjanjuk migrated to the United States in 1951. He was deported to Israel in 1986 and later sentenced to death there in 1988 for war crimes, based on his identification by Israeli Holocaust survivors as "Ivan the Terrible," a notorious SS guard at the Treblinka and Sobibor extermination camps during the period 1942–1943 who committed murder and acts of extraordinarily savage violence against camp prisoners. His conviction for crimes against humanity was later overturned by the Israeli Supreme Court in 1993 due to a finding of reasonable doubt based on evidence suggesting that Demjanjuk was not "Ivan the Terrible" and had, in fact, been a guard at camps besides the one at Treblinka.[3] After the trial, he was returned to Cleveland, Ohio. He eventually moved to nearby Seven Hills, Ohio.

    More:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Demjanjuk
    Feds release accused Nazi prison guard DemjanjukBy M.R. KROPKO, Associated Press Writer M.r. Kropko, Associated Press Writer
    1 hr 15 mins ago

    CLEVELAND – John Demjanjuk was released from federal custody Tuesday evening, just hours after six immigration officers removed the accused Nazi death camp guard from his suburban home in a wheelchair, authorities said. Federal officials had taken Demjanjuk to a federal building in downtown Cleveland, but the 89-year-old retired autoworker's impending return to Germany was halted when three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted a stay of deportation.

    An arrest warrant in Germany claims Demjanjuk was an accessory to some 29,000 deaths during World War II at the Sobibor camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. Once in Germany, he could be formally charged in court.

    Demjanjuk was driven to his home in Seven Hills after his release, former son-in-law and family spokesman Ed Nishnic said. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement they'll supervise him through electronic monitoring.

    In granting the stay, the three-judge panel said it would further consider Demjanjuk's motion to reopen the U.S. case that ordered the deportation, in which he says painful medical ailments would make travel to Germany torturous.

    Citing the need to act because of the possibility of Demjanjuk's imminent deportation, the court issued the stay without addressing the U.S. government's argument that the court had no jurisdiction to rule on Demjanjuk's appeal.

    The government planned to continue its legal battle in court, said Justice Department spokeswoman Laura Sweeney.

    Nishnic said the family was relieved the stay was granted.

    Full Article:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/demjanjuk/print
    I can remember when he was initially deported about 25 years ago, when I was in junior high school. It was all over the news then. I thought they had the wrong guy then, and I still think they have the wrong guy now.
    Last edited by frippardthree; Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Added Text

Similar Threads

  1. Man Charged with Stabbing Victim Using a Swordfish
    By Hersir in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, 02:06 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 10:03 PM
  3. Man Charged Threatening Obama On Website
    By SpearBrave in forum The United States
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 07:15 PM
  4. Austrian Man Brutally Murders Entire Family with Axe
    By Guntwachar in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Wednesday, May 21st, 2008, 01:22 AM
  5. Man Charged in Auburn Student's Death
    By Æmeric in forum The United States
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Monday, March 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •