Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Britain and the EU

Is the EU a good thing for Britain?

If not….and if it was possible,

How could it be changed to make it more acceptable?

hodekin
    Deep in the forest, shaded by the leaves of the Greenwood Tree.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 03:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No the EU is bad for all of Europe. Just look at the people in charge of it and their history.

Grand Member
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    I agree, and even if it were a good thing would that justify the cost to the UK of £45 million PER DAY?!

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2018 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, of course it isn't good for anyone, at least not the richer countries who have to throw away money to it. I mean, most of us who are Germanic preservationists and other nationalists in Europe ara against it. Whatever the EU has made which was positive, independet countries could have done themsevles. I don't see the point of the EU, not even on a global scale. I don't want some EU president declaring war on China and creating WW3.

So, I don't want to change it, I just want to abolish it. When you say more acceptable, do you mean for us preservationists or the average person? If you mean for us, I'd abolish it or make it some sort of council, a Germanic Council would be the best.

Sorry if the question was only for Brits

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 @ 03:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    English Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    So, I don't want to change it, I just want to abolish it. When you say more acceptable, do you mean for us preservationists or the average person? If you mean for us, I'd abolish it or make it some sort of council, a Germanic Council would be the best.

Sorry if the question was only for Brits
    The question was really aimed at the average person and also was aimed only at Brits, but it's good to get an overall European reaction!

Thanks

hodekin

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    English Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I, like just about everyone else on this forum, view the current EU with great distaste, yet underneath it all I am attracted to the idea of a unified ‘White’ Europe pulling together to combat common threats and enjoy mutual benefits.

What is wrong with a federated military force, if it is well led, equipped and trained to a common high level? The thought of German, English, Dutch and Danish troops fighting alongside each other fills me with no terrors!

Likewise, a TRUE common market of zero trade barriers would be ‘in general’ a good thing provided that the employment rights and wages of all concerned were of equal standing, and that ALL the trade goods were of European origin!

I think back to the days of a ‘Waffen’ Europe against the East, I also think back to the fascist notion of ‘Europe a Nation’. With America, Russia, China and now India..is it time that we Europeans now thought more in a unified sense?

This is a very complicated issue I know, and one on which we could chew over the finer points for months, but in general, given that there was no real loss of sovereignty or local freedoms, would such a European model be possible or even desirable to our board members here?

hodekin

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It makes sense to have certain treaties and such that benefit all. Like free trade so long as all member nations comply with certain similar wage/labor laws- certain common courts etc.

But the problem is when a nation is no longer independent. When the national leaders can no longer say "no that's not in our interests we wont do it". Centralizing power takes away self responsibility and metis. What kind of people like to centralize power? Marxists. They are weak so they find their strength in the group. They often say "we are too large to fail". That is their mentality that they can parasite off the rest of humanity and so long as the group is big enough it will work- but it never works. Bigger groups just take longer to fall and fall more completely. The second set of people that like to get bigger are power hungry meglomaniacs.

I would support a common union based on voluntary membership and the ability to seceed if the union no longer benefits you. But this is not the case. What is being built is the United States of Europe in which people are EU citizens, not English, Dutch etc. citizens and people loose more and more power over their local communities.

Interestingly the United States used to be a confederacy. Though around the time of the civil war all that was brought to its knees. I think most people look at the success of the united states and think it comes from being big. It is true to some degree to be a world power you need to be big but again a voluntary union could make europe a world power. well it already was one. There are some advantages to size but all of them can be gained through voluntary compliance. The United States mainly has been wealthy because of vast natural resources and up until about the 1960s it was a racial and eugenic nation based on european culture. I see the collapse of the united states as immennent and inevitable.

That's the stupidity of Marxists. They rob the rich and then dance around thinking they are geniuses because of it. "look at all this wealth we have". Then once there's no more rich people to feed off of their society collapses. But they don't have the foresight to see that. They think they can just keep getting bigger and bigger forever and solving problems by borrowing more and more money and reaching their hand in the cookie jar more and more.

The current system needs to be destroyed so we can rebuild something new. We don't need to destroy it. It will destroy itself. Maybe things will change from the inside out but I doubt it. Though we should fight to change things from the inside and also be prepared for the collapse at the same time.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Europe is only a creation of this time. "Europe" hardly existed in the first millenia AD. Sure, the landmass was the same then as now, but don't you think Southern Europe had more in common with North Africa during the Roman times than they did with Germania? "Europe" only started to exist around 1000-1100 AD, when we became "unified" under Christianity, and Christian values and culture. This union broke somewhat with the Protestant-Catholic divide in the middle of the last millenia. What I'm trying to say that the Europe we know hasn't always been and it is not certain.

What we can rely on however, is blood bonds and family bonds, such of those of the Germanic peoples. These have always been, and will always be as long as Germanics still live on. So yes, hodekin, I also think a union of Germanic peoples and German, Dutch, Danish, English etc troops fighting with each other like brothers and not against each other would be something natural and something to strive for. But I can't see that same thing with German, Spanish, Russian and Albanian troops, there is just not the family and cultural bond.

So yeah, a Germanic council or even union sounds like a good idea to me, and no more brother wars!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    English Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    What we can rely on however, is blood bonds and family bonds, such of those of the Germanic peoples. These have always been, and will always be as long as Germanics still live on. So yes, hodekin, I also think a union of Germanic peoples and German, Dutch, Danish, English etc troops fighting with each other like brothers and not against each other would be something natural and something to strive for. But I can't see that same thing with German, Spanish, Russian and Albanian troops, there is just not the family and cultural bond.

So yeah, a Germanic council or even union sounds like a good idea to me, and no more brother wars!

How would it be then if 'Europe' was administrated from a Northern/Central/Southern and Eastern geograhical context?

For example...Northern= Britain and the Nordic Countries
    Central = Germany, Austria and Holland
    Southern= Spain, Italy, France. Portugal
    Eastern= If applicable, those beyond the German Border.

This of course is only a rough idea, there will be plenty of people objecting to the various breakdowns, but you get the idea!

Hodekin

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hodekin View Post
    How would it be then if 'Europe' was administrated from a Northern/Central/Southern and Eastern geograhical context?

For example...Northern= Britain and the Nordic Countries
    Central = Germany, Austria and Holland
    Southern= Spain, Italy, France. Portugal
    Eastern= If applicable, those beyond the German Border.

This of course is only a rough idea, there will be plenty of people objecting to the various breakdowns, but you get the idea!

Hodekin
    This could create alliances between Germanic and non-Germanic countries against other Germanic, like Southern and Central vs Northern.

Instead, I just think we should invoke a stronger Germanic spirit into the the Germanic countries, and create an alliance between these countries that is stronger than any other alliance. Why would we need alliances with southern European countries, aren't Germanic countries known to have the most superior way of creating and organizing the best and top-ranked societies and countries in the world? I'm not saying we should be in war with Italy or France, they can be friends instead of foes, I'm just saying that I don't think an alliance with them could be as strong and as "natural" as between Germanic countries. Latin countries could have their own union.