Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Germanic Heroes of the East

I just read an article published in a major magazine yesterday that Romania was trying to elect an ethnic German to run their state then the article went on to say (jokingly I presume) that the only way to fix all of Romania's problems would be to replace the entire population with Germans. And that got me thinking about things I read about Russia. The Russian people voted the smartest Russian woman in history which was one of their queens but she was an ethnic German. One of their greatest war heros who sacrificed himself for his people was ethnically German and raised as a russian.

And the more I interact with Russians and Eastern Europeans I can say many of them look very European but mentally they seem different. Somehow less civilized or less mentally adept. Their character is somewhat wanting. I think maybe the very best elements of their race could be absorbed into a Germanic population, but they just appear like a primitive form of European.

It's a very confusing topic. People who are white but not white. Many seem physically attractive but mentally not human. I wonder what other people's opinions are on this and what other stories/evidence they have about the culture of the East basically being uplifted from western influence. The one odd thing is it seems like maybe in the long run slavs will outlive Germanics as they at least have an instinct to preserve their own people unlike western nations which are becoming cesspools of nonwhites.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 7th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    Heruskoz
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Aspiring Author
    Politics
    Tycho Brahe Party
    Religion
    Psychonautics and Cosmic Law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    And the more I interact with Russians and Eastern Europeans I can say many of them look very European but mentally they seem different. Somehow less civilized or less mentally adept. Their character is somewhat wanting. I think maybe the very best elements of their race could be absorbed into a Germanic population, but they just appear like a primitive form of European.

It's a very confusing topic. People who are white but not white. Many seem physically attractive but mentally not human. I wonder what other people's opinions are on this and what other stories/evidence they have about the culture of the East basically being uplifted from western influence. The one odd thing is it seems like maybe in the long run slavs will outlive Germanics as they at least have an instinct to preserve their own people unlike western nations which are becoming cesspools of nonwhites.
    I think most of the negative things you see in Eastern Europeans is only a result of propaganda. There was a group of Polish exchange students who came to my high school last year and they seemed just as intellectually adept as me (not saying I'm a genius or anything, though). There are also two Romanian exchange students in my German class (both coincidentally married to ethnic Germans) that want to learn German because they say it is "important to their country's culture".

Last Online
    Saturday, November 14th, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Slavs tend to be shy on the one hand and (perhaps because of that) cherish a culture of ritual confrontation on the other.

In the latter they are actually quite similar to the British pub culture, only that Slavic confrontations usually do not take place in front of pubs.

Russia has never laid off the belief that black and mongoloid people are inferior and the less white a people within the Russian Confederation is, the lower it is regarded and usually even regards itself lower, because of lacking self esteem.

However, it is a wrongheaded idea to assume that Russians would try to preserve their racial purity. Some estimate that 30% of the Russian genes come from the Ladoga type and Putin certainly looks as if in his case it might even be more than that, for which he is ridiculed among Russians, yes, but still his overall standing is rather good.

So... though there are pure (Slavic) Russians, they are not numerous enough to bully the total into submission, so to say.

In the Czech Republic there is so much German influence that racially pure Czechs aren't in that position either. It is actually questionable to regard the Czech people as Slavic in the first place, since they are not much more so than the people of Berlin say. (For this I'll get flamed, I guess. But there clearly is a Slavic element in the people of Berlin. Magdeburg is the last pure city, so to speak.)

The overall "problem" of Slavic countries seems to be that their people are too pliant.

I did set that in quotes, because it is at the same time a huge strength too.

Another problem is a certain tendency, nurtured by the dynamics of domestic politics with its culture of ritual confrontation, towards aggression. Poland shows that rather unfiltered, whereas Russia has specialized in containing that tendency for some time now, usually by symbolic triumphs.

It is, in my view, wrong to say that Slavs have a different soul. They are just a little more cautious than Germanic people. That's what it boils down to.

Sure, lots has been made about such supposed differences both in the Russian and German intelligenzia. But then again... Tolstoy = Schopenhauer, Tarkovsky = Dostoevsky + Kant + Schopenhauer, Dostoevsky = ... well, let him be original, but there is not enough difference to establish a serious cultural gap here.

When you look at the Russian church you see an orthodox church adapted to the nature of Russia.

Where do you want to look to see anything? Nature worship? Well, that is German too. Perhaps an element of being social. But again... the readiness for that is present in Germans too, though it is usually livelier in Slavic people, fair enough.

However, in my analysis, all this just stems from the fact that Germans are more confident, taking risks easier.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Set aside the geniuses of Slavic lands for a moment. Yes there are individuals among their population who can stand as equals. I will not argue that. However we are concerning ourselves with the averages of their population.
    The average apperance and behavior of said people are very similar, but somehow significantly different than western Europeans. There is some character difference that I've observed from the massive hoardes of Russian immigrants in the U.S. Some of the individuals I find very intelligent and of good character, however the average of their group seems different than the west and I don't think its cultural- it's genetic.

Couple this with historical fact. Most of the leaders, heroes, scientists and great men of Slavic lands were ethnically German. How can we acount for this?

I used to be confused by the Nazi stance of Germanic superiority but I"m starting to see the reason in it. One page from a Nazi publication showed some of the most fertile land in the world in Ukraine which was a rotting farm that barely produced any food, then it showed a dutch farm that was wrestled from the sea. The caption said "the environment does not make the man, the man makes the environment". Which I don't think is totally true, but mostly so. Why are slavic communities such underperformers in comparrison to say an English, Dutch, German, or French community?

One thing I notice about the character is Slavs always brag. They like to say they are better than everyone else even when there is no evidence for it. And they put little effort in actually being better. they just have a false sense of pride and try to tear down others and start conflicts with others to prove themselves. The other thing is the are obsessed with apearances. They want to dress nice, or paint a pretty picture but in reality underneath it nothing is going right. I know the soviet union did this, and America does it too but I mean the people themselves in their own personal lives seem to have this trait. Everything is about apearances rather than having any real substance. Then you have Slavic music which is usually pretty and beautiful compared to Germanic which is more dark and forboding (Wagner vs. Tchakovsky for instance). Pretty painted buildings in moscow that are built and fall apart 10 years later or the less painted buildings of Germany that stand for 1,000 years. It's taken me many many years to really open my eyes to the obvious differences.

I think its easy to see kinship with slavs because they are so similar and also mixed so some of them are very Germanic. But they are far more different under the skin than above it. Mentally they are more different than they appear. The character is different. They are less reliable, more prone to start conflicts, less intelligent etc. I.Q. tests also show that Slavic lands all consistently score 96-98 iun the I.Q. range despite lack of diversity. Western Europe all scores above 100 exept England, but the whites there score above 100 (with the exeption of Ireland which is 98).

Last Online
    Saturday, November 14th, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There are old buildings in Russia too.

One thing you said though is definitely correct: Slavs show much bigger interest in making something beautiful than Germanic people.

I see it as enjoying small things if you cannot have big.

Vodka consumption is a huge problem in Russia and it has an effect on the quality of work. Also, again out of subversiveness, there is a sense of personal freedom amongst Slavs, which you may have subsumed under "false honor", which works against too strict rules at the working place.

While trashing Russian products though, you should first look at Russian products, which more often than not have a rather long life time, e.g. cars, tanks, Kalashnikovs.

And one last thing: Russians usually have to use the materials at hand and these materials might just not be optimal for a long life time of the product. Also the Russian climate works against stone. Temperature differences from -40°C to +30°C are not good for concrete at all. Sure, Finland handles these things better, but the Finnish have almost no temperament, which does help in coping with a long list of things that you have to account for.

So... these are small things. Now to the really big one.

THE MOMENT A RUSSIAN LEAVES RUSSIA HE WILL BEHAVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

In particular the sense of decency is lost. You really cannot possibly compare drunk Russian girls in America with the average Russian girl in rural Russia.

Russians have such a deep engraved sense of "owing their country" that they will exhibit self destructive tendencies the moment they cross the border.

If we're speaking about the average Russian, that is. There are of course elements who are of less serious spirit.