@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    699 Posts

75 Percent of Young Americans Are Unfit for Military Duty

WASHINGTON (Nov. 3) -- Are America's youth too fat, dumb or dishonest to defend the nation against its enemies?

The latest Army statistics show a stunning 75 percent of military-age youth are ineligible to join the military because they are overweight, can't pass entrance exams, have dropped out of high school or had run-ins with the law.

So many young people between the prime recruiting ages of 17 and 24 cannot meet minimum standards that a group of retired military leaders is calling for more investment in early childhood education to combat the insidious effects of junk food and inadequate education.

"We've never had this problem of young people being obese like we have today," said Gen. John Shalikashvili, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

He calls the rising number of youth unfit for duty a matter of national security. "We should be concerned about how this will impact this overstretched Army and its ability to recruit."

Shalikashvili is among dozens of retired generals, admirals and civilian Pentagon officials who have banded together as Mission Readiness: Military Leaders for Kids. The group, which includes former NATO commander and presidential candidate Wesley Clark, will appear with Secretary of Education Arne Duncan at the National Press Club on Thursday to urge immediate action to reduce dropout rates and improve the physical and moral fitness of the nation's youth.

They will cite research that shows quality early childhood education raises graduation rates by up to 44 percent and reduces the odds of being arrested for a violent crime by age 18.

Douglas Smith of the U.S. Army Recruiting Command said 2008 data shows about three in 10 youths have an initial barrier to enlistment.

Most aren't insurmountable. "If you're overweight, we tell you to come back when you've lost the weight. If you don't score well on the armed forces aptitude test, we suggest you study and take it again," he said.

Between 2004 and 2008, the Army more than doubled the number of "conduct" waivers it granted to would-be soldiers with criminal or misdemeanor records. The loosened standards proved necessary in a time of war and amid a booming economy that forced military recruiters to work overtime to fill the ranks.

The new warnings about a generation of couch potatoes comes just weeks after the Pentagon announced its best recruiting year since the all-volunteer force began in 1974. The economic meltdown and rising unemployment, combined with bigger military bonuses and benefits, enticed hundreds of thousands to enlist despite the inevitability most would be sent to war.

The plethora of would-be recruits allowed the military services to be choosier after years of taking in more high school dropouts and those needing extra physical training to meet weight requirements.

Recruiting may have gotten easier, but "the good times don't stay forever," warned David Segal, a University of Maryland military sociologist. When the economy recovers and young people are able to get jobs or can afford to go to college, the military will be faced with the same out-of-shape, ill-prepared pool of recruits as before.

"Recruiting will get tough again," he said. "The trend line is clear: The youth population is getting less healthy."
    http://www.sphere.com/2009/11/03/70-...military-duty/

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    I wonder if 75% of youth are unfit or just the ones that show an interest in the military?

It is a fact that when it comes to reenlistments, the military, and particularly the Army, doesn't seem to have a problem with fat or stupid people if the are minorities. This is why so many NCOs, especially in the Army, are Negro or Hispanic. Except in elite units like intelligence or special forces which are nearly all White.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    75% of all youth. A lot of it has to do with new rules. Before they would take just about anybody. And the military had a culture of being heavy drinking, getting into fist fights and generally being a tough guy wild adventure. Today they have changed their ways and they want obedient little slaves who will not ask questions.

I can't join the military because I called the cops on my dad for attacking me. He lied to the police so they arrested me. After missing school (I was still in high school but 18) for 2 months and going to court over and over again (no speedy trial) I pled out. I said I was not guilty but would take the punishment so I wouldn't have to keep coming back to court (probation). I specifically made an issue that I was not pleading guilt or admitting to anything. They told me that I would have no criminal record. It was a lie. Because I was arrested for "violence" I can't join the military. Does that make sense?

A lot of other people fail because they are overweight and out of shape. But the physical requirements for the military today is a joke. You have to do 10 pull ups and 20 push ups and just real basic level of health that everyone should have. The only exeption would be possibly the marines or navy seals or something.

They will disqualify you for everything and anything. If you are a member of a racist organization for example you cannot join. If you fail a drug test they can tell you that you can't join. Being arrested for a joint you can't join though they often go easy on this. If you have a GED they wont let you join they want a high school diploma.

A lot of this goes back to the fact that they are de-emphasizing I.Q. (ASVAB score) and trying to get strict in other areas. I didn't even study for the ASVAB, was the first to finish the test out of over 100 people and I scored in the top 15% yet I can't join. People who score in the bottom 50% can join so long as they can do a push up and haven't been arrested for violence. I could probably study and work my *ss off and go back and score in the top 5% or 10% (my I.Q. would put me at or above the top 5% percentile though the ASVAB raw score is just based on vocab and math composite).

The reason the violence is an issue is because you can't own a gun if you are arrested for domestic violence and they don't want to give people waivers. If someone puts a restraining order on you and you are guilty of nothing you can also never own a gun for the rest of your life. If you fail a drug test you may not ever own a gun the rest of your life (but they seldom enforce this one) if you are pulled over in a car and someone else in the car has a gun or drugs you may never own a gun for the rest of your life. And so on.

Why is it so important that they disarm the population? I don't know because most of the criminals own their guns illegally. It makes no sense really.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 @ 03:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norse
    Ancestry
    Nordic countries
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Weapons maker
    Politics
    Live FREE or DIE
    Religion
    Ancient Norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The white youth of this country are in bad shape ,physically,mentally and have no sense of who they are ,no honor or no pride.I look at the newsreels of the German youth in the 1930's and I say "IF only"

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    My older brother was an officer in the german army as the west and 'east' merged. Sometimes he trained new soldiers coming out of bootcamp. He said that the eastern kids were much better soldiers than the western ones.

In the DDR they had much more sports in high school than in the BRD. The 'eastern' kids therefore were much more fit.

Problems with military standards are not knew. The prussian army had at one time trouble to find fitting recruits due to child labor. The children had many physical ailments which made them unfit for military service. The prussian state then forbade child labor and/or put heavy restriction on it until their military demands were fulfilled.

The known unethical soldiers of US military may have their background in minority/lowclass people. But obviously that is in demand. A soldiers who obeys command unquestionely is a much easier soldier for the system.

They face now a lot of unruly veterans, for ex. oathkeepers, who know how to fight, handle weapons and so on. They are actually afraid of them. The
    department of home defense lists them as dangerous.

For the future wars against the american people as such, the NWO needs people from the lower end of the social strata with low IQ. That might be the reason that they filter out the high IQ people who might think too much.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 7th, 2017 @ 12:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German,Irish,Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Baden-Germany, Southern Ireland, Norway
    Subrace
    Dinarid+Bruenn+Alpinid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Hired gun
    Politics
    I try to think for myself
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Problem solver- Make every American do 1 to 2 years for the military like Germany after highschool. Mandatory basic training starting 6 weeks early for the overweight. I really don't see how we have let our country fall into such disrepair that our people are turning into fat blobs. Also there should be no option to drop out of highschool that should be mandatory as well. Its sad that a group of military officals are stepping up to help the youth. It should be thier parents and thier communities!

You have to do 10 pull ups and 20 push ups and just real basic level of health that everyone should have.
    This is incorrect. There is a PT test with higher standards than that and you do PT every work day (mon-fri) with your unit. Usally it goes something like Run day, Upper body, Run day, partner assisted, Run day. In fact in happy to take PT tests because its a lot less then what we do on a regular basis. On average I would run 10+ miles a week with my unit. It differs with units of course but not by that much. Being deployed we do our own PT at the gym sometime in team or squad groups but we keep up our fitness levels because here it is more of a life/death stigma attached to being unfit haha.

A lot of this goes back to the fact that they are de-emphasizing I.Q. (ASVAB score) and trying to get strict in other areas. I didn't even study for the ASVAB, was the first to finish the test out of over 100 people and I scored in the top 15% yet I can't join. People who score in the bottom 50% can join so long as they can do a push up and haven't been arrested for violence. I could probably study and work my *ss off and go back and score in the top 5% or 10% (my I.Q. would put me at or above the top 5% percentile though the ASVAB raw score is just based on vocab and math composite).
    You are right that they are not using the ASVAB for anything other than to see if you pass. What they use now is the GT score that you get from the same test. Its the scores you got in the individual areas (mechanics, math, english, communications and so on) to see what you would do best at. The you have your overall GT score which is all those averaged together. If you have a 110 or higher almost every job is open to you except for a few in intel. Also certain jobs require you to have a certain score in a field to get that job.

And the military had a culture of being heavy drinking, getting into fist fights and generally being a tough guy wild adventure.
    I dont see much of a change there and thats what makes us look bad. Its not that they want slaves but professionals.

For the future wars against the american people as such, the NWO needs people from the lower end of the social strata with low IQ. That might be the reason that they filter out the high IQ people who might think too much
    They filter them yes but just out of infantry and the such. They offer jobs of a diffrent level to those who do well in testing. Though some of my friends that are infantry and cooks have some of the highest test scores you can get. It all depends on what you want to do.

. Because I was arrested for "violence" I can't join the military. Does that make sense?
    Yes because it was a domestic case. Domestic violence and drug charges (worse than minor possesion or underage drinking) will keep you out. Now the standards are tightening up again like was said because more people are trying to join.

It is a fact that when it comes to reenlistments, the military, and particularly the Army, doesn't seem to have a problem with fat or stupid people if the are minorities. This is why so many NCOs, especially in the Army, are Negro or Hispanic. Except in elite units like intelligence or special forces which are nearly all White.
    If you are flagged for weight you cannot reenlist no matter what race. Lose the weight or get kicked out. Just curious can you post the satistics for the breakdown of race per MOS? I did'nt know it existed and would like to see it. Or are you just stating that as an opinion?

For the record the German army is more fit to begin with but we still match up after training! They are fun to train with and know how to have a good time. Our squad was able to learn from them and they walked away with knowledge as well. (sorry had no time to check grammer or spelling!)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about shrapnel addressed to 'occupant'.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Hmm is this harder than the American system ?

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/j...entryTypeId=13

Army

The PFA consists of a shuttle run, push-ups and sit-ups.
    Male requirement: 15 Push-ups, 45 Sit-ups, 7.5 Shuttle run score
    Female requirement: 8 Push-ups, 45 Sit-ups, 7.5 Shuttle run score
    For Special Forces Direct Recruiting Scheme (SFDRS) candidates, the PFA standards are:
    Male requirement: 30 Push-ups, 60 Sit-ups, 10 Shuttle run score
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post

For the future wars against the american people as such, the NWO needs people from the lower end of the social strata with low IQ. That might be the reason that they filter out the high IQ people who might think too much.
    That's exactly it. They want people who are obedient and don't ask questions. That's why they filter out people with police records, high school drop outs- anybody that could possibly be rebellious. But also because a lot of people join the army, find it too hard then quit- costing the military a LOT of wasted money. They simply don't want to bother with such.

They seemingly don't care much about the soldier being stupid. Which is a total reversal of old policies. Military studies have shown that even for the most basic jobs like infanty (standing there and shooting people) the higher a person's I.Q. the better job performance he had.

They do filter out the extremely stupid, as they are untrainable but other than that it isn't an issue. They do take in a lot of smart people though who have to score pretty high on the ASVAB these people go into technical jobs that require a lot of education. Most of them are involved in the air force. The air force itself is almost 100% technical division of the military. Meaning mainly they take in Geeks who are smart but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. The boot camp is extremely easy and not very demanding physically. You basically do college like studies and learn how to operate a computer or repair an airplane, fly it etc. This constitutes most of the United States military power- our air force. Not our soldiers. Our soldiers are probably among some of the wimpiest on the planet in comparison to other countries. I'm sure a lot of them could kick my *ss individually but I mean the majority- but they are effective because of extremely expensive technology and air force backing them up. Basically the U.S. buys its military power. I think the U.S. spends more on military than the rest of the world combined spends on military. Something like that.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 01:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Single adult
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    That's exactly it. They want people who are obedient and don't ask questions. That's why they filter out people with police records, high school drop outs- anybody that could possibly be rebellious. But also because a lot of people join the army, find it too hard then quit- costing the military a LOT of wasted money. They simply don't want to bother with such.
    GED's can be used to get in, depends on the recruiting cycle and whether they want to/can waive it. Likewise with a criminal record with the exception of DV's or drug offenses. And don't confuse basic training with active service, there *is* a huge difference between the two. If you mean being rebellious by not being able to work in a team, then yes they'll have a problem with you. I normally get the problem children, never had a problem getting them to become soldiers even if that took some extra time...which usually entails, in part, getting them to actually *think* about what they are doing.

They seemingly don't care much about the soldier being stupid. Which is a total reversal of old policies. Military studies have shown that even for the most basic jobs like infanty (standing there and shooting people) the higher a person's I.Q. the better job performance he had.
    In the Infantry we don't like stupid people as they tend to get you killed. Most other MOS's aren't too keen on them either. The bigger problem is smart people making stupid choices.

They do filter out the extremely stupid, as they are untrainable but other than that it isn't an issue. They do take in a lot of smart people though who have to score pretty high on the ASVAB these people go into technical jobs that require a lot of education. Most of them are involved in the air force. The air force itself is almost 100% technical division of the military. Meaning mainly they take in Geeks who are smart but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. The boot camp is extremely easy and not very demanding physically. You basically do college like studies and learn how to operate a computer or repair an airplane, fly it etc. This constitutes most of the United States military power- our air force. Not our soldiers. Our soldiers are probably among some of the wimpiest on the planet in comparison to other countries. I'm sure a lot of them could kick my *ss individually but I mean the majority- but they are effective because of extremely expensive technology and air force backing them up. Basically the U.S. buys its military power. I think the U.S. spends more on military than the rest of the world combined spends on military. Something like that.
    Spoken like most that have never served. For the record, we had fast-movers (Air Force fighters/bombers) supporting us once while in Iraq. We had back-up from our own birds (helicopters) a couple of times, but for the most part we did everything ourselves. Technology only goes so far and without boots on the ground, entirely meaningless. Nice thing about working with the military from other countries...you *do* find things that they do better than us *and* things that we do better than them. Improving yourself and the combat effectiveness of your team, squad, platoon, company, etc is part of military life. Doctrine is only a guideline...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    From what I was told they recently changed the policy- no GEDs even with a waiver. Yet even with waivers they are only allowed a certain percentage of waivers.

War is hell I'll give credit to anybody that goes through it, but generally I see American troops as less effective. When I wanted to join I saw very few soldiers that looked in good shape. When I went through MEPS out of about 200 people I was in the best shape exept for one real buff guy that was re-enlisting or something. And I'm athletic but I'm pretty skinny and not really a super athlete or anything. Most Americans come from an easy life. Secondly they are fighting for reasons that no one can be quite sure about. Whereas you have people say in the middle east that have been fighting since they were a baby, living in poverty with nothing to lose at all- don't even care if they die. Or you have people fighting to defend their families from what they see as American invaders etc. and who are just tough from a hard life and constant struggle- troop for troop these people are more effective than U.S. soldiers. Yet American soldiers have body armor, night vision, radio, sattelite etc. which again- money- it's where the advantage comes in. But you can't replace warrior spirit. In a Marxist culture few have it. People are raised to be degenerate.

If you want to see a military that really cultivates warrior spirit and has the same ideology that I'm talking about- look at the russians. They believe in toughening people up. They had the spetznaz vs. special forces on the deadliest warrior TV program and the russians won! It's the culture over here that I think makes us weak. I don't think American dominance can stand far into the future. Eventually the money will start running out. Though I think the Russians take it to too far of an extreme. You don't have to beat yourself up all the time to have good training, but I'd rather be too tough than not enough.