Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Country Music Veteran Lashes Out At The New Country Music Scene!

A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 12th, 2012 @ 10:59 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Gaul, England, Austria, Canada
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thumbs Up Country Music Veteran Lashes Out At The New Country Music Scene!

I've always loved old George Jones!

George Jones: new country music needs a new name
    By CAITLIN KING, Associated Press Writer Caitlin King, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Nov 2, 6:12 pm ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Country Music Hall of Famer George Jones isn't a big fan of where the genre has moved in recent years.

When asked about what he thought about music by today's top country stars, the 78-year-old said while they are good, "they've stolen our identity."

Jones made the comment during a recent interview when asked about music by artists like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift.

"They had to use something that was established already, and that's traditional country music. So what they need to do really, I think, is find their own title, because they're definitely not traditional country music," he said.

"It's good to know that we still do traditional country music. Alan Jackson still does it, so does George Strait. We still have it, and there's quite a few of us that are going to hope that it comes back one of these days."

Still, his contemporaries haven't always stuck to traditional country, either. Fellow Hall of Fame member Johnny Cash was met with critical acclaim a few years ago by covering the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt." Asked whether he'd ever branch out to a completely different genre of music, like heavy metal or rap, Jones laughed and said: "Rap? That's tacky."

"How can you call that music?" he added. "Now, I love music, too. I love all kinds. I really do. I've got Brook Benton. I like his singing. Ray Charles. I've got an open mind. But now, you can't call rap, talking stuff like that, music. No, no, no, you've got to have another name for that."

Jones recently put out a new CD, through Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, called "A Collection of My Best Recollection." It includes some of his most requested songs from throughout his career, including classics like "White Lightning" and "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair," as well as two previously unreleased ones.

"Only thing I would like to keep accomplishing is music for my fans and achieving some goals to keep them happy with what I record in the future," Jones said. "I've done just about everything else. The good Lord's been good to me ... I'm going to enjoy the rest of my life."

Retrieved From:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091102/...ge_jones/print

Last Online
    22 Hours Ago @ 08:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Nashville has become all glitz and glamour. The Nu-country nowadays has fooled a generation into thinking that this what country is all about.
    Would your average pop-country fan of today know who Jimmie Rodgers, Vernon Dalhart or Bob Wills are? Some of my personal favorites are The Sons of The Pioneers, Bobbie Gentry and Hank Sr. (of course!)
    I have met plenty of Pat Green fans (Like Willie, he's from the Waco area) and almost all of them around college age and had no idea who these historical singers were.

I have to wonder why today’s “country music” stars seem oblivious to the contributions of Old Country.

The last great musician who made a lasting impact on modern country was George Strait. There are also a few out there who have shunned the hollywoodization of Nashville and are considered dissenters because of it: Wayne "The Train" Hancock, Dale Watson, and Shooter Jennings to name a few.

But the most famous of these black-listed country stars is the grandson of Hank Williams, Hank III.
    While Hank Jr. eventually fell prey to the whims of modern Nashville, his son picked up where granddad left off.
    Hank III is somewhat peculiar compared to other country singers. In his off time he is a member of a death metal band. This might be why his lyrics are refreshingly free of the fluff and life-is-beautiful crap of modern country singers. The best metal music is desperation music, and this might be what helped him to keep a perspective on his country.

The first album I bought by him was ‘Lovesick, Broke and Driftin’. I recommend anybody to listen to this and get an idea of how some people are trying to redirect country back to its roots, and away from the BROKEBACK image that Hollywood wants the world to associate with Nashville (just another example of how they are trying to feminize men. First the big city boys and now the country ones)

Here a few title tracks from this album as well as a few of his others:

Walkin' With Sorrow
    5 Shots of Whiskey
    Mississippi Mud
    Smoke & Wine
    Crazed Country Rebel
    The Grand Ole Opry (Ain't So Grand)1
    Long Hauls & Close Calls

You wont see any of Modern Nashville‘s pop-progeny singing about such things. Like any form of pop music their lyrics are about happy things, unearned prosperity, fashion sense and watered-down love. Which is contrary to what Old Country was all about: poverty, loneliness, desperation, genuine love, and yes, even alcoholism.

The people who created country music did so in the hope of providing an escape from their desperate situations. Whereas today’s “country” is sung exclusively by happy people who have hardly had more than a days worth of misery to properly contemplate suffering and translate it into meaningful and timeless classics.

Country music today has become just another marketing tool to keep our youth bland and devoid of curiosity.
    The country music world of old had fans of every age. Nowadays the average audience integrity does not seem much different than the ones you will see at a boy-band concert.

Here are a few others you might enjoy:

David Alan Coe
    Waylon Jennings
    Merle Haggard
    Emmylou Harris
    Roy Acuff
    Spade Cooley
    Ernest Tubb
    Floyd Tillman
    Charlie Rich
    Jim Reeves

A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thumbs Up

I'm also a big Buck Owens fan!

Buck Owens 1929 - 2006
    Country music great passes away in Bakersfield
    By John Hagelston

Buck Owens passed away on Saturday, March 25th at his home in Bakersfield, California. The country music great was 76. Owens had for years been one of country’s top hitmakers, and put his stamp forever on the music with a harder-edged kind of honky-tonk mixing hillbilly boogie, blues, and electric rock influences.

Growing up during the Great Depression, Owens dropped out of school in Arizona to work on the family farm there and spent his spare time mastering guitar. As a teenager, he was already playing gigs in honkytonks around Phoenix. When he got married he moved to Bakersfield and played the club circuit there.
    After establishing a reputation with area bands and doing session work, Owens was signed to Capitol Records in 1957. His first singles went nowhere, probably because they were cloyingly at odds with his natural honky-tonk instincts. But 1959’s “Under Your Spell Again” was the turning point. Not only did the song become a hit, but Owens moved back to Bakersfield (he’d been working in radio in Washington state) and teamed up with guitarist Don Rich, an important influence for the next 10 years.

Full Article:http://www.rhino.com/rzine/storykeep...so?StoryID=775
    This is probably my favorite Buck Owen's tune.

Buck Owens - 1966 - Loves Gonna Live Here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ygm9bvjUE

Now, back to Mr. Jones!

The Race Is On
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9b2zB3HwOM

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I ve had the pleasure of seeing DAC and H3 in concert at different times. Love real country music!

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    Contemporary country music has become a refuge for persons who do not wish to listen to the R & B, gansta music & other Negro music that has taken over pop music. Country is essentially White people music, though the powers that be are trying integrate it, for example Hootie, from Hootie & the Blowfish. Artists like Carrie Underwood & Taylor Swift would have been considered pop 30-years ago.

40-years ago Charley Pride was the first successful Negro in country music (and the last) but I think that mainly an effort by the leaders of country & western (as it was called then) to say "See we've integrated, now leave us alone".

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Country is essentially White people music, though the powers that be are trying integrate it, for example Hootie, from Hootie & the Blowfish.
    A few years back Snoop doggy-dog wanted to use country music samples in his music

40-years ago Charley Pride was the first successful Negro in country music (and the last) but I think that mainly an effort by the leaders of country & western (as it was called then) to say "See we've integrated, now leave us alone".
    I wonder if "Pride" is his real last name?

Actually, 40 years ago Nashville had already been bought out by jewish interests. If it wasn't for that there probably never would have been a black country star.
    The jews pushed him onto the country scene the same way they imposed homosexuality.
    Almost all blacks, as well as most Whites, were baffled by Charley.

Years after Pride made his "impact" on the scene, (from songs that were written for him) he did the talk show circuit and always carried with him his pet toy poodles, be-jewelled in diamond-encrusted collars. One host called him out on it and asked Charley why he carried around "sissy dogs" The response from Charley was classic. The look on his face was one that I know too well, one that said "Who does this White boy think he is?!"

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 07:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Single parent
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    The "Possum" is right.
    I love real (traditional) country myself i.e. Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Hank Jr., George Strait,Waylon, David Alan Coe, etc. I live within a two hour drive of Nashville Music City itself.
    Some of the crap they're playing these days on "country" radio is just bubble gum pop like Taylor Swift. I won't listen to it.
    The record companies have also gone out of their way to interject negroes into country music like Darius Rucker, the ridiculous "Cowboy Troy" act, the wigger "Kid Rock" has "gone country.
    I do not count Sheryl Crow and Jewel as country, either.
    At least Charlie Pride sang and sounded like real country, sounded like a white man if you never saw him.
    Real country music doesn't get any play these days unless it's Alan Jackson or George Strait

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf wodenson View Post
    At least Charlie Pride sang and sounded like real country, sounded like a white man if you never saw him.

I don’t care if he sounds White, he still insinuated his way into an aspect of our culture the way most of them did back in the communist inspired civil rights rage of the day.
    He did not try to improve his own people's culture, he had to try and be White himself. This is a typical trait that a majority of them display. They hate us, but they want to be like us.
    Now he is considered an equal to Johnny Cash by the modern pop country world.

A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Dwight Yoakam had a lot of good songs, but you don't hear much from him these days. Alternative country bands from the eighties, like the Blasters and Jason & the Scorchers sounded more country than the current crop of country singers, like Big & Rich, Taylor Swift, and the other crap, that you hear these days.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 07:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Single parent
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frippardthree View Post
    Dwight Yoakam had a lot of good songs, but you don't hear much from him these days. Alternative country bands from the eighties, like the Blasters and Jason & the Scorchers sounded more country than the current crop of country singers, like Big & Rich, Taylor Swift, and the other crap, that you hear these days.
    Yeah, Yoakam's a good ol Kentucky boy, like most of his music.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast