Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Lightbulb The Question of IQ Versus Race, and the Leftist' Agenda

by Lewis Loflin

According to the left, failure and inequality of blacks and Hispanics in America is the fault of society (racism), not their own actions or an act of Nature. Charges of racism are merely part of a concerted effort by the far-left to destroy society and gain a useful political tool. But what if society is not at fault, then the "state" can't "fix" the problem, then who needs the all powerful Marxist' style state?
    To quote one opinion,
    Scientists and Educators are beginning to realize that low intelligence is possibly due to genetic inheritance of historically low African American IQ levels... Some have suggested intermarriage with whites to raise black IQ levels, but many in both groups have found this to be a distasteful solution with fascist underpinnings. So, it is generally opposed. This leaves African Americans with a permanently low IQ with no hope of remediation, because IQ is not a function of education. The tragedy is found in the mere 17%-25% graduation rates in African American high school statistics as children with low IQ who are forced to act as though they have high IQ predictably fail, giving them feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness, and may precipitate their later tendency toward violent criminal behavior.

The New York Times raises this alarm as well that IQ is genetic and not just cultural. In the article In DNA Era, New Worries About Prejudice (New York Times Nov. 11, 2007) the PC police are already going into panic mode. To quote,
    Such developments are providing some of the first tangible benefits of the genetic revolution. Yet some social critics fear they may also be giving long-discredited racial prejudices a new potency. The notion that race is more than skin deep, they fear, could undermine principles of equal treatment and opportunity that have relied on the presumption that we are all fundamentally equal...We will all be walking a fine line between using biology and allowing it to be abused...

Just the existence of such genetic differences between races...means "the egalitarian theory," that all races are equal, is proven false...many geneticists, wary of fueling discrimination and worried that speaking openly about race could endanger support for their research, are loath to discuss the social implications of their findings...There are clear differences between people of different continental ancestries, said Marcus W. Feldman, a professor of biological sciences at Stanford University. It's not there yet for things like I.Q., but I can see it coming. And it has the potential to spark a new era of racism if we do not start explaining it better."

...the conversation is already flashing forward to what might happen if genetically encoded racial differences in socially desirable - or undesirable - traits are identified. If I were to believe the 'facts' in this post, what should I do? Should I advocate discrimination against blacks because they are less smart? Should I not hire them to my company because odds are I could find a smarter white person? Stop trying to prove that one group of people are genetically inferior to your group. Just stop...African-Americans have lately been discussing opting out of genetic research until it's clear we're not going to use science to validate prejudices...Such discussions are among thousands that followed the geneticist James D. Watson's assertion last month that Africans are innately less intelligent than other races. Dr. Watson, a Nobel Prize winner, subsequently apologized and quit his post at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on Long Island.

But the incident has added to uneasiness about whether society is prepared to handle the consequences of science that may eventually reveal appreciable differences between races in the genes that influence socially important traits. New genetic information, some liberal critics say, could become the latest rallying point for a conservative political camp that objects to social policies like affirmative action, as happened with "The Bell Curve," the controversial 1994 book that examined the relationship between race and I.Q. Yet even some self-described liberals argue that accepting that there may be genetic differences between races is important in preparing to address them politically...

Let's say the genetic data says we'll have to spend two times as much for every black child to close the achievement gap," said Jason Malloy, 28, an artist in Madison, Wis., who wrote a defense of Dr. Watson for the widely read science blog Gene Expression. Society, he said, would need to consider how individuals "can be given educational and occupational opportunities that work best for their unique talents and limitations...

Are these discredited because the science is wrong or for social reasons? Does that mean they will silence proof that undermines what might be only wishful thinking? If the genetic link for IQ is proven, then the entire left-wing race agenda is undermined. And we already have blatant racism against whites because of black and Hispanic failure which at minimum is their own fault if culture, and just reality if genetic. Whites today are constantly penalized and attacked for non-existent crimes most never committed even if true. Black IQ is 85, Hispanic is about 90 as are American Indians north and south of the border. Thomas Sowell believes the IQ problem is culture and cites some valid examples. The problem that remains is IQ gap, which immigration isn't helping as Asians cause the same problems for both Hispanics and blacks that whites do. Are Asians going the be targeted as the next "racist" group by the left? They are already barred from affirmative actions just like whites. To quote another writer,
    (data)...shows that European Americans are not the smartest people in America is the fact that the Asian Americans are smarter as a group than European Americans. Asians have an IQ of 103 IQ compared to 100 IQ for European Americans. Jews are the very highest. Jews have an IQ of 115 points. Probably as a result of their higher IQ, Jews have been the most productive people in the world for the size of their population. [If Hitler had utilized the Jews in Germany, he would have won World War Two. Einstein, Oppenheimer, Ferme, and Teller, who were Jews, developed the atomic and hydrogen bombs that ended World War Two and kept the United States and Europe secure since 1945 when the first atomic bomb, developed in large part by brilliant, high IQ Jewish scientists, was exploded on Hiroshima.]

To quote,

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)...

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001. "Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect. That's why Jensen and I looked at the genetic hypothesis in detail. We examined 10 categories of evidence..."

Read the entire article at http://www.news-medical.net/?id=9530.

Conclusions of the Experts

To quote Charles Murray, Inequality is too often seen as something that results from defects in society that can be fixed by a more robust economy, more active social programmes, or better schools. It is just not so. The effects of inequality cannot be significantly reduced, let alone quelled, unless the government embarks on a compulsory redistribution of wealth that raises taxes astronomically and strictly controls personal enterprise. Some will call this social justice. Others will call it tyranny. I side with the latter, but whichever position one takes, it is time to stop pretending that, without such massive compulsion, human beings in a fair and prosperous society will ever be much more equal than they are now. This is what the left believes in to begin with, so it's no surprise this lie about white racism causes black/Hispanic failure is so attractive to them. It's inequality as a weapon to control society they seek, not to help anyone black or otherwise. It's time to oppose all racism and hold individuals alone as responsible for their actions and failures.

But on the other end in Race, Genetics, and IQ by Richard E. Nisbett he concludes, The studies most directly relevant to the question of whether the B/W IQ gap is genetic in origin provide no evidence for a correlation between IQ and African (rather than European) ancestry...Almost equally important, rigorous interventions effect IQ and cognitive skills at every stage of the life course, and the evidence on convergence clearly shows that the B/W IQ gap has narrowed in recent decades...the reference point should not be a gap of 15 points or any other specific figure...All evidence points to two extraordinarily important conclusions. First, if there are genetically-determined differences between the races in IQ, they are not sufficiently large to show up with any regularity in studies with a wide range of methodologies. Second, interventions designed to reduce the difference between blacks and whites are effective at every age level...

My Conclusion

In my view as a community college instructor and having grown up partly in black inner-city Richmond VA, then moved back to a coal mining town in southern Appalachia, believe it's both IQ and culture. There are great variations even within groups themselves, that an IQ test isn't everything nor is it racism. The same destructive behavior of inner-city blacks is evident here in Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee with low class whites. The same dropping out school, drugs, crime, out of wedlock babies, and just plain lazy. In Bristol Virginia where the population is 95% white, the high school graduation rate is 57%, as bad as most inner city schools. It isn't bad schools or the lack of funding, many of these students and their families just don't give a damn. The effort to try and reach these people robs those that do care of resources and time they need to succeed. State social engineering has the same lousy record here as it does with blacks.

Second, it's about personal effort. The students I teach are often working people, in most cases displaced by plant closures, in other cases companies trying to upgrade the skills of their workers. In one case I had four displaced workers from a closed sewing factory, one female, three male. These people were in there 30s and 40s and had been out of school for years. The three men had considerable hands on, the women, a divorced mother, had more "book learning" and was superior to the men in that respect. The class I taught was digital electronics, which included number base systems (binary, hexadecimal, etc), introduction to some basic computer programming, circuit theory etc.

They were exceptional because when put together made a great team. They learned the material, made great progress, etc. that as mere high school graduates did things that would have had four year college graduates sweating blood. I've seen the same thing with my black students too. Yes anyone can learn with hard work and if given basic skills coming into the classroom. They key is basic science, math, and English, real knowledge, not "feel good" hype. But I don't waste my time at the expense of my other students with those that don't care and never come to class. I can't save them from themselves. In every case my problem have been younger, recent high school graduates. I think they were social promoted and they thought I would do the same thing. They were wrong. When forced to work, most did achieve and if this was done in high school they would have done much better.

In conclusion, everybody must be treated equally, have one standard, and equal opportunity. Expecting equality of result is utopian nonsense. We must understand we are all different and there's nothing wrong with that. I know many people with a two-year degrees making far more money than many with four-year humanities degrees. A degree is just paper and IQ means nothing if one can't change a light bulb. They must first and foremost rely on themselves, and it's up to the schools to be realistic. Those from rotten and uncaring families, we must mentor to them and stop playing race card and class politics. Poor kids must have mentors to set an example their often dysfunctional families won't provide. That is what we can do and we must do it ourselves without the state.

Source: Sullivan-county.com

Schimmelreiter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    The failure of a competitor is a good thing and not to be lamented. For example, the reproductive failure of liberals/libertarians represents an obvious opportunity to wipe them out without necessarily beating them at their own game, although economic and cultural competition of course remain basic necessities.

A correlation between typological categorisations and personal qualities is certainly helpful for the selection behaviour of individuals and state authorities, especially if it is more refined than the rather pointless three-race system. On the other hand, I doubt that individuals and state authorities who do not recognise ethnic groups (i.e. ethno-cultural, not in the sense of a euphemism for race) as valid entities can be dissuaded from their quest for "enrichment" by means of global migrations when presented with such data.